Steam Weekly Top Sellers - August 19th 2019

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    These are the ten top selling titles on Steam for the week as reported by Valve: No Man's SkyValve Index VR KitRemnant: From the AshesMONSTER HUNTER: WORLDPLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDSGrand Theft A...

Steam Weekly Top Sellers - August 19th 2019

2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Man that Grand Theft Auto V has made a ton of money over the years

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Thats what happens when you continue to support the game well after launch with content making retaining the price justifiable.

schmidtbag and airbud7 like this.
  4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    yea, gotta give Rockstar credit....they got one hell of a money cow right there.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    No Man's Sky on top again... people haven't learned.

schmidtbag likes this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Dude I'm having a blast in it with the new update.... I'm assuming others are too otherwise it wouldn't be a top seller... again.

7. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I was actually looking at it, as I've heard they made a lot of changes, but it still cost like new full game, even after years (released in 2016!!). Especially after the entire launch fiasco, that's not something I want to support. Although, I would maybe try it if it was on sale.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  8. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Mmm should I buy No Mans Sky? Or not that is the?

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It's actually gone on sale a few times, maybe just wait for the next sale?

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    My assumption is you haven't played the latest update, and if i were to say you haven't played the previous updates as well, at least some of them, i'd probably be right as well.

I haven't played the most recent update, so i have no business making any such statements.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes, you are right. Have a cookie.

Did you feel the game was what they promised and made people think back then when it was released?
    Did you feel paying full price for what it was at launch justified the state it was released in technically?
    Did you feel that adding updates after months or years has made the game what people were saying it was before launch?
    Do you feel that adding the features they said they'd have at launch in 2016, in the year 2019, is a good play and was fair to charge full price for it back then?

Instead of assuming things, I'm asking you now. And if you haven't played the latest update, feel free to give me your input on the update you played, which probably has less features and will make any arguments against paying full price in 2016, or trusting those devs, stronger.

No Man's Sky, and Hello Games, are what's actually countering Epic's claim that they'd need to change the business: lie lots, earn big amounts of money, and three years later you can still work on a game without charging for any updates. On Steam, too. Just saying.

Backstabak likes this.