Navi RDNA Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    F

2. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Damn, that sucks. If i get one, I'll be extra careful putting on a waterblock. That's just really bad luck.

3. G13Homi

G13Homi Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    @mtrai i hope you get the RMA approved. Hopefully you took the little stickers off the screws that they say void warranty.....

4. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Well I am trying to decide what to do...since it was customer induced damage...however in the USA those stickers do not apply at all.

5. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    While I pissed at the moment when I realized what had happened...as I did not discover it until I put it in my system, then another one, and a third one and all the same. Took it apart to check out if I broke a transistor or something, cleaned and got a magnifying glass out and clearly saw the crack.

6. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    It's so bad when stuff like this hapends. Well the Vega 64 still will treat you well. I just got myself a red devil :)

7. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Well on the bright side...my partner just said order a new one, and go ahead and get the waterblock you want. So it should be here by Friday hopefully. The GPU that is. He is just amazed in my years of doing things like something like this has not already happened.

The_Amazing_X likes this.
  8. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Man, I was feeling so gutted just by reading you, that after that last message I felt overly relieved - I'm empathetic that way. So cool your partner is so supportive and understanding :)

Keep us in the loop on what you manage to squeeze out of that new card and waterblock ;)

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Sorry to hear that new toy broke. Accidents on old ones feel less wasteful. Your chip looked like good one on top of everything.
    (We have to be more careful on placement on desk. I had it few times in dangerous position too just to have better view between cooling and components.)

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Saw TPU reviewing it earlier today, stock should appear today and then be in retail for next week though some are shipping already (Germany had some earlier but might be sold out now.) for the 5700 and 5700 XT custom variants and from reviewws it's pretty minimal for speed and overclocking so ~ 2% or so if even that but it's cooler depending on which card and then VRAM does appear to differ using Micron instead of Samsung at least from the Red Devil review which noted that info down in the review. :)

Downside is a 20 - 25% cost increase over stock for what amounts to a somewhat better cooler but several of the designs are 2.5 or even 3 slot instead of 2 slot so that is important as well. (Red Dragon might be a 2 slot one though although it's coming a bit later.)

Not too bad but it's a low overall performance gain for a price increase pushing into the 2070 and 2070 S range where these S models have a 5 - 8% performance lead from what I am reading.
    Memory overclocking helps a bit more but Wattman limits it currently, unsure if Afterburner can take care of that or if a newer version will be needed first or something like a registry tweak if that's still doable for extending these limits.
    (Unless that's just the power slider.)

EDIT: Should be in retail and ready for shipping already in the US though although depending on stock it might be selling out fast from some stores or local state supplies for physical hardware shops.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Maddness likes this.
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I really like the Devil 5700's, looks beatiful.

Maddness and OnnA like this.
  15. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Jackalito and JonasBeckman like this.
  17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's also a picture of the cooler somewhere which covers the GPU VRM's but it looks like the VRAM VRM's are left exposed so those can get a bit hotter.
    Seems the Pulse and I think there was one more (Thicc?) are the only custom designs so far that covers those although compared to the Red Devil the Pulse is 2 - 3 DB louder and a few Celsius hotter.
    (Dual fan design instead of tri and I think it's a 2.5 instead of a 3 slot in height although it's fairly close even so.)

Limited edition of Red Devil seems to be out and gone now (Some extras mostly.) and a lot of these got pulled and re-added at a higher price from what I am reading so at least in Europe it's a little different from the MSRP for at least some of the custom 5700's from what I am reading.

Ah and there's the cooler off and showing the underlying metal plate and pipes.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cqotnf/powercolor_rx_5700_xt_red_devil_heatsink_sourced/

So it was the Strix and not the Thicc plus Pulse.
    (And it might just be that it doesn't have thermal pads after re-reading but it could still be a bit of a miss on complete contact with the heatsink as a result so affecting temps to some degree.)

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ Look again :p
    (updated now with all photos)

JonasBeckman likes this.
  19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I see, noticed after opening the video it also was the in-depth look that Buildzoid did. Looks like one of the better if not the best PCB with Strix a bit above but at a higher price point.
    Which if these are all limited to 2 - 3% faster performance and what voltage you can supply plus what it translates to in actual performance when it's memory bottlenecked then yeah having a overkill PCB isn't too big of a deal.
    (It's nice and all but cost wise and it's not going to be wholly utilized if the card is close to or at peak anyway even with the stock design and speeds and then barely able to increase it.)

Cooler itself is a nice step up though keeping from what I've read the junction temp around 80 degrees Celsius and without being too loud or needing full fan power. :)

Though depending on pricing due to availability and demand it can be hard to justify the cost if it pushes into the 450 - 500 Euro range instead of ~400 - 450 but we'll see how that goes next when these actually get stocked here. :D
    (Well some might already be available in limited quantities plus the situation should be a bit better in the US.)

Maddness likes this.
  20. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64