Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yep, it's pretty much the norm to have at least 2-3 cheaters in EVERY ROUND nowadays. I'm not even kidding, it's this bad. BFV has been the biggest involution I have ever witnessed in a franchise title. Every single aspect of it is worse than its predecessors, with one exception - the gunplay. Everything else though, including the lack of any anti-cheat whatsoever, total utter clusterfuck. The political bullshit at launch was just an icing on a cake. DICE (and yes, I do blame DICE more than EA, to be clear) was far more concerned to signal their virtues, than to make/fix the damn game decent. It still feels like a friggin pre-alpha game almost 1 year from launch. Sigh...

Oh and the nerve to ask the community to buy the real money only skins, so that they can "fund fixing the game" is out of this world cheeky. I truly hope game as service crap will die for good after this and Anthem, I'd GLADLY pay for a premium pass, than put up with this bullshit.

cerebus23, Kolt and ShadowDuke like this.
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    lol they really trying to pull buy our boxes, skins, passes, DLCs so we can afford to update and FIX their fing games?

yea lets point to their stocks and profits margines last year and the year before, while a video game bubble is gonna burst at some point we are not there yet, and even at that these mega devs and publishers can f right off trying to cry poor. and if their stocks do tank they gonna fire people and axe studios period the corp will get theirs.

if anyone falls for that they deserve the darwin award, i bet the esrb licked that bs up though like they did on loot box fun.

Solfaur likes this.
  3. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    When you get called a cheater at random times but you never have cheated... feels nice lol.

big ROBOT bill and Solfaur like this.
  4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I only call people cheater if im absolutely sure, i even leave the game often to go into specmode and check for proof (also making videos to report, if caught).

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    just had a 56-5 cheater today, on singapore server playing marita map

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    guys add me on origin, let s play together, i can play on europe server, 130 ping

7. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    I'm at a 1.75 k/d right now.

My Bf1 is 1.93

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  8. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I've seen a few people say that they lost KDR from BF1 to BF5 (not just here, but other places too) and from my observation a lot of those players most likely were too used to the doritos and having the game point things out to you. I'm not saying this is true for everyone, it's just what I think is happening to most as personally my KDR actually went up from BF1 (from ~ 2.6 to ~3.10). I think a lot of it has to do with my play style and the removal of easy spotting as well as the gun play allowing for wiping out entire squads from a flank, as I lone-wolf and go for flanks a lot. In BF1 I would flank a crew and potentially die due to higher TTK/being marked from spotting/etc. I don't personally rely on spotting and team play as much as I've always been in that mindset. I'm not saying I don't play as a team at all.. it's just that I go into the game understanding that I may be on my own and not relying on a medic to constantly heal or revive me. It forces me to make smarter choices/etc.

That being said, KDR isn't the most important stat for BF anyways. My SPP (Score Per Minute) is currently at ~450 which I feel is somewhat low :/ I think a lot of the assignments and unlocks are so counter-productive for your score-per-minute and general team-play that I wish they would just overhaul the system altogether.

BF1 had amazing atmosphere and was much better in that aspect, but the gun-play in BF5 allows for better personal game play (for those who don't have friends who play Battlefield) IMO. If only they could merge the two ideas..

9. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I need peeps who actually wanna talk on the mic and work as a squad. I consider myself pretty decent (BF5 is literally the most I have ever played BF since maybe Bad Company or even BF2).

Most times I am solo which isn't as fun. Would love to work together on a tank crew.

I'm Syranetic on origin if anyone wants to add me.

Kolt likes this.
  10. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Feel free to add me: Koltxlvii (https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/koltxlvii/overview)

I don't play as often anymore though :/ Maybe if I had a good squad to play with I'd be on more haha
    I'm going to add Syranetic. Apparently I already have @ramthegamer added (Rccurate).. although I don't really play on EU servers :/

I'm on the East coast of the US myself and tend to play in the afternoons or sometimes weekend mornings.

11. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    I use the mic all the time lol

I have a much higher k/d in the afternoons.. but, after 5 or 6 it goes to crap because that's when all the hackers start playing. It's very noticeable that things you were dominating with during the afternoon hours don't work or you "seem" to die "faster" because of them... hmmmmm… :\ For example, planes.. I could fly around all day long during the afternoons and not a single person poses a threat to me, but as soon as evening comes around.. boom 3 shots to my plane from a mosquito or spitfire i'm dead immediately before I can even react...

12. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Yeah.. if you look back at some of my previous posts in the past I was one of those that was saying that there were more people crying hacks than there were hackers.. but it has gotten to the point where there are actually real bone-a-fide (obvious) cheaters in so many of the games that I'm on the side of the fence complaining now. It really sucks because it just makes everyone paranoid all the time and legit players crucified by the community. I've noticed my own KDR going down since the past few months as well and I agree part of it are the cheaters ruining the experience. Hopefully EA/Dice are working on some new tech in that regard.. :/

Solfaur likes this.
  13. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I've played BF a lot recently and I have only noticed one or two cases in recent months were I can honestly recall something blatantly looked like hacking. Like getting 10+ headshots within 2 seconds.

In some matches the teams are so stacked it's hard to really know if the guy that's 20-0 is really a hacker or he's just playing to win against a bad team.

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    The removal of 3d spotting also made it harder for people who don't have the best eyes (myself included), which deffo contributes to dying alot from not being able to see the enemy before they see me.

I find that i enjoy bf4 alot more - there are alot of reasons for that, but also just because i am able to more easily see the enemies.

ramthegamer, Solfaur and Kolt like this.
  15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Obviously 3d spotting makes it less realistic, and i do find it more charming with no spotting, but it is after all a game, and not a simulator, so i prefer it being fun more so than realistic :)

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    BF has always been middle ground. If you want arcade, play COD. If you want realism play ARMA. If you want middle ground with vehicles, play BF.
    At least that was my personal impression.

17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I agree - and 3d spotting was fine for that middle ground experience imo :)

Solfaur and fantaskarsef like this.
  18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    3d spotting was fine. I know a lot of the more hardcore crowd enjoyed its removal, but imho it was way better before, since now the game is a heaven for both sniper but especially mmg campers.

Also all the visibility complains were ridiculous, I mean, wtf do people want more, make all the players neon colors so they can see them? Already it's funny how shiny they made the models, like they were dripped in lard or something and guess what, prone campers will STILL get away with it... hence why doritos/3d spotting was indeed a nice "middle ground".

Dragam1337 and fantaskarsef like this.
  19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    While I did not have that much of an issue with 3D spotting (many of the boons don't even look at the mini map when playing), I always understood people's want for a hardcore server without it.

But the visibility claims are just kiddies' calls for help when they can't differentiate between a wooden wall and a player. They should go play Fortnite for all I care...

big ROBOT bill and Solfaur like this.
  20. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I use an 800 DPI and the uniform soldier aiming which I've tweaked at different distances.

However I believe part of my improved combat performance in BF5 I think is mainly due to the fact that I run my 2080 Ti with a 165 hz gsync monitor and I have all motion blur disabled. I run DX11 so most of the time I don't dip below 120-130 fps even during heavier combat with smoke.

With a game like BF5 I feel that high FPS really lets me make some of those quick-reaction shots, for example on 64 player servers I am usually forced to go with a bipod MG to stay competitive with a good K/D (I can usually come out on top 3 players as long as the teams are not super unbalanced). Using the high RoF MG with the high FPS really lets you do accurate spray against a lot of targets.

XenthorX and big ROBOT bill like this.