Ryzen 3 How boost is supposed to work with your new CPU

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by gerardfraser, Aug 9, 2019.

1. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    EDIT Aug 12 2019:Let me start by saying I was wrong and I apologize for any misinformation I supplied due to my ignorance.
    I was aware of Third-Party Monitoring Tools not being as accurate as Ryzen Master and I just ignored that fact all together.

I have started testing with Ryzen Master only now to see what the actual clocks on my Ryzen 3600X really is.
    Although I still get over Max Boost as what is written on the box so I have no recourse to complain to AMD or refund my CPU'S.
    Also they are still fast little CPU's Still happy.

I have only witness Cinebench20 hitting Max Boost on 2 cores as of testing today.I will test some more with different BIOS and if any change is observed I will post back.
    https://i.**********/HLnQJjLW/3600-X-Ryzen-boost.png

AMD will straighten the BIOS blunders out, but maybe they will not because people complain about high temperatures in idle and high CPU voltage.

You need a good working BIOS for your Motherboard.For your CPU to hit Max boost clocks written on the box.

Ryzen 3
    How boost is supposed to work with your new CPU

AMD Ryzen processor will increase clock speeds when the CPU has electrical, thermal, and/or utilization headroom to spare. In other words: if the processor’s analysis of its own environment indicates that it can safely go faster… it will!

For those who will not look at video.
    Cinebench 20 single run .
    All cores hit Max boost on 3600X (4400Mhz Written on The Box)in the run on Cinebench 20 with up to 3CCX(6 cores all running Max boost at same time.)

This CPU Ryzen 3600X has hit 4525Mhz on a couple cores in light gaming load and when cores are not in use they downclock.

Under Heavy load the CPU clocks/Voltage will decrease as much as the CPU needs .

I believe this is how AMD intended the boost to work for all.

EDIT:Added some screens to try to get my stupid point across somewhat.The CPU's can boost higher than what's written on the box and there is show much BS out there that they can not.It is all in the BIOS really.

Cinebench 20 all cores hit and past Maximum boost written on the box of 4400Mhz

Valley Benchmark all cores hit and past Maximum boost written on the box of 4400Mhz.

Screens from video if you do not want to look at the boring stuff.

Cinebench20

Core 0=4450Mhz

Core 1=4450Mhz

Core 2=4425Mhz

Core 3=4425Mhz

Core 4=4400Mhz

Core 5=4400Mhz

Valley Benchmark

Core 0=4525Mhz

Core 1=4525Mhz

Core 2=4425Mhz

Core 3=4425Mhz

Core 4=4400Mhz

Core 5=4450Mhz

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    are you a spam bot or is that suspicious link at the bottom of your post an accident?

3. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    I only see a link to a screenshot, ********** (and the actual screenshot itself)

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I see "ally bank locations in florida" and a link that's giving the following URL: https :// banks-nearme.com/ally-bank-near-me
    I guess that's what @Astyanax is referring to.

As for the OP, I'm not sure this post does make much sense... shouldn't it be known that the CPU does the management of it's clocks by itself, boosts higher with fewer cores loaded (less threaded workload like graphics in gaming), etc.? Isn't that common knowledge by now?

5. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    Ah, it must have been blocked by one of my many browser add-ons ;)

fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    I love how AMD advertised 4.6Ghz on these CPU'S but non of them will reach it, and only a couple of cores. Add the heat and the ORB AMD gives as a cooler, the voltage needed to reach 4.0Ghz over 1.40v. I must say I don't feel so badly after being kicked in the nutz a few times.............

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I have removed that spam bank link in the post. Should any of the staff notice this a 2nd time your account will be suspended instantly. If you have not manually inserted that link go check your system on malware.

8. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Sorry I suck at trying to get my point across.
    My point is Ryzen 3xxx cpu's can boost to max boost clock of what is written on the box with all cores in light loads like Cinebench20/light gaming loads.

EDIT:Added some screens to try to get my stupid point across somewhat.The CPU's can boost higher than what's written on the box and there is show much BS out there that they can not.It is all in the BIOS really.

Cinebench 20 all cores hit and past Maximum boost written on the box of 4400Mhz

Valley Benchmark all cores hit and past Maximum boost written on the box of 4400Mhz.

Screens from video if you do not want to look at the boring stuff.

Cinebench20

Core 0=4450Mhz

Core 1=4450Mhz

Core 2=4425Mhz

Core 3=4425Mhz

Core 4=4400Mhz

Core 5=4400Mhz

Valley Benchmark

Core 0=4525Mhz

Core 1=4525Mhz

Core 2=4425Mhz

Core 3=4425Mhz

Core 4=4400Mhz

Core 5=4450Mhz

I am cool with this.I should have noticed any spam before i posted.That is my fault.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    Shataan and fantaskarsef like this.
  9. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    My 3600X is a great CPU. A lot of bang for the buck! I`m really happy with it.

10. platypus

platypus Guest

GPU:
    some asus 290x
    What model Ryzen 2 do you have? What motherboard are you using?

Mine works as advertised.