Anime Thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by signex, May 8, 2016.

1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Dragon Ball Super, damn.

This week's episode was awesome.

Episode 65 proved one thing. The half breed saiyans like Trunks or Gohan have a higher growth and latent ability than full blooded saiyans. Trunks not having access to God ki with his new ssj form can keep up with ssb Vegeta. Not as strong as him, but he is keeping up. This is also the first Vegeta and Trunks moment where they work together as close as Goku and Gohan have in the past. This is pretty awesome! Also next week, Vegetto!!!

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    So naruto got a new tv show, so far looking good, this time it's about his son.
    I thought it was done, but i suddenly noticed it in my airdate list.
    I can really recommend this site, so you can mark any show you're watching and see when they air: http://www.airdates.tv/

I'm glad they continue with the show, i loved shippuden so much! i didn't finished the last episodes cause the main story was done anyway.

And Dragonball Super is getting interesting but i'd prefer a different route with enemies like Freeza etc.
    But this will do for now i guess, and seems to me it will last quiet long and possible new Dragonball shows:

Now that Bulma and Vegeta got a baby as well, so i predict they will get a show later on too?

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Never watched Naruto so I don't really know what to to think about Boruto. I'm not a fan of Dragon Ball either. I prefer slice of life/drama over mostly pure action. Vocabulary tends to be more useful in those too.

Currently I'm marathoning through winter anime on Crunchyroll.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Sometimes i watch drama anime's, only one time i watched a romantic anime.
    But i love action/psychological thrillers the most but i rarely find good ones apart from Mirai Nikki and Death Note.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Just an heads up, Attack on Titan S2 has begun 3 weeks ago, along with Boku no Hero Acedemia and Shingeki no Bahamut.

Finally has some anime to watch again. :D These are the only one's i'm following currently.

6. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Good, but I would love if it was 2 hours longer.
    Tsutomu Nihei is The King.

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Started watching Heavy Object. It's okay. Pacing is weird with this title though. Too many times I feel like they cut a chunk of the show out.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Just watched that, it was pretty good, see what you mean about length, felt more like the first part.

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    The pacing of that show was weird. Decent watch tho.

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Still going through my massive Crunchyroll backlog.

Looks like new Non Non Byori anime is coming!

12. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Currently watching Karas. The method of storytelling is not that great. Only by episode 3 out of 6 they dump the exposition on you. CG animation not bad. I need a philosophical/psychological maybe post apocalyptic anime with an interesting story. Like Texhnolyze, Ergo Proxy, Psycho Pass, Blue Submarine No 6, Angel's Egg. Anyone got some good recommendations? Made in Abyss might fit the bill.

13. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Made in Abyss was good but not fond of children in anime because of the annoying voice acting when it comes to portraying children. Had to switch to Japanese dub because it was more tolerable.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - Great animation quality

Shigurui - Great animation quality and awesome gory fight scenes but I got to the end and then nothing. :( I was like 'where's the rest?' Didn't realise they did not continue the series. Really wanted to know happens next. Intriguing story.

Currently watching JoJo's bizarre adventure - At first I was not convinced and the heavy dose of screaming does get to me sometimes but it grew on me. I also like that the story advances from one family generation to the next. Pretty unique.

14. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    No mention of Afro Samurai? Not much narrative but it's worth mentioning Afro is voiced by Samuel L. Jackson.

Dragon Ball Super has been great, just wish the animation was a bit grittier. They completely removed all the grain and it looks a bit too polished, imo.

Recently re-watching Death Note in 60FPS (vsync) using PotPlayer and SmoothVideo Project (SVP). Really worth experiencing.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Hunter D is old but man does it age well (like most 2D anime from the 80’s and 90’s). If you liked that check out Castlevania on Netflix.

JoJo is just epic.

Shingiru is manga bait (it’s still on going last I checked).

Afro was great. Both the series and movie I was surprised Sam Jackson didn’t actually hurt the production.

I’m currently rewatching classics right now. The original Gundam movies, Akira and others.

Worth noting if you haven’t seen Alita yet do yourself the favor and watch it. It’s great fun and definitely the best anime-to-Live action I’ve ever seen. Good job James. Can someone give this man the rights to Akira and a three movie deal.

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
  17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Just "bindged" through Kengan Ashura on Netflix in two days. I personally liked it, but it does lack many of the things even I noob would consider anime in the more narrow terms. Like... the fanservice.

Then I watched the first two episodes of Kill Ia Kill and... well, I found more than enough fanservice. Not too fond of it tbh.

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I don't think fanservice is anime. It's sure part of some anime. But Kengan Ashura is like full blown anime :D great one actually.

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You will need to look past the fanservice in Kill la Kill. It's a great for a reason. It actually is self aware of the fanservice trope and kinda subverts it while on the surface giving the casuals what they want.

20. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I just finished watching Kamisama Kiss, nothing special about it really (though I liked the artwork) and the main female protagonist was annoying,

but thankfully the hawt fox yokai Tomoe made it durable and it's the first time where I found the english dubbed version to be much better than the original.

However I like to skip anime with squeakers (which is most of them), because I find that crap very annoying, but sometimes I need to get my furry kick.

Funny my weeb friends got me to watch Redline during this year's 24 hours of Le Mans while having dinner, but they too were blown away by that masterpiece.