Download: AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.7.5 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 31, 2019.

1. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Driver works smoothly. People should realize default clocks and normal monitors are the scope AMD's team works with.

2. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Very smoothly in fact. I have an older and low end gpu (HD 7770) and smooth drivers was kinda a hit or miss sometimes but this are flawless, all working correctly, even Anti-Lag feature and a older Windows 10 build (1607).

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    An earlier AMD statement for the elevated clocks was for the 144hz and above for stability but that doesn't explain why it would affect 60hz monitors so it's not that.
    Something changed with the whole Overdrive and Wattman model and how that's been upgraded and changed around and not all GPU's took well to said upgrade though the severity of the issues vary but it should be addressed although priorities for AMD appear to be elsewhere such as the newer GPU launches and support even if that means relatively recent and still supported and of importance also still very popular cards like the Polaris model end up getting the short stick or how to say.

Jackalito likes this.
  4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti

5. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    They changed something with with first overlay driver, from that point memory clock jumps to max. 17.1.1 driver from ms update doesn’t behave this way.
    In the other news since last wu for 1903 I don’t have weird colors anymore in installation process and happy to finally see that AMD overlay stays active after alt-tabbing.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  6. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Well, it is possible, but I was getting the funky colors during driver installation after the last couple of cumulative, IIRC. Also, I didn't see this with pre-19.7.1 drivers. I'd have to say that since AMD mentioned this as a "known" problem it must be related to their drivers--but who knows, right?....;)

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    What monitor do you use?
    Are you using default GPU clocks or are you overclocking?
    Do you use any 3rd party overclocking tool instead of wattman?

Important: Have you checked:
    Device Manager > Display Adapter > AMD Radeon 570 > Driver Tab
    to see if Driver date and Driver Version match what it says on:
    AMD Radeon Settings > System > View Release Notes

There if you scroll down you will be able to check the driver Version found in Device Manger and compare it with 19.7.5.
    Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.5 Driver Version 19.30.01.25
    (Windows Driver Store Version 26.20.13001.25001)
    Therefore, as I've not done this in a while, Driver Version should read 26.20.13001.25001
    @waltc3
    @JonasBeckman
    Etc.

Guys chime in to correct if that's not right.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  8. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Nothing ? lmao i don't have any problems, what problem do you have ?

9. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    Okay:
    1) Monitor is U28E590D (DP)
    2) No OC'ing at all neither CPU/GPU nor RAM.. all default/auto/XMP 3200
    3) no other tools even wattman is on fault

Since I am on 19.4.3 and all is fine I think this step is unnecessary - I am currently not in the mood to install another newer driver

10. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    My post wasn't intended to tell you to update to 19.7.5. However, since you are posting in a thread for 19.7.5 it was assumed you've tried it.
    Since you haven't tried the latest driver I'm not sure what you are looking for here. However, for 19.4.3:
    Driver Version 18.50.31.09
    Windows Driver Store Version 25.20.15031.9002 <-- this is what you should find in device manager.

11. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    Yes, it is:
    Driver Packaging Version
    18.50.31.09-190415a-341662E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2019

I wait for 19.8.1 and see how that works out

12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Correct that is what is says in Radeon Settings > System. But does it say the same thing in Device Manager > Display Adapter > "Radeon 570 Series" > Driver Tab > Driver Version?

If so this is what you do when you update your driver again.

13. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  14. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    hmm, i'm not able to see it. What does it say?

15. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT

16. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    It is actually anything above 100 hz however if you high refresh rate monitor supports mclck switching it will downclock the memory if not the memory runs at full speed. This is correct behavior at least for Navi, I have not check on my previous gen gpus recently.

Jackalito, Jouven and JonasBeckman like this.
  17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Good to know, I believe the post I was thinking about was for a Polaris model GPU and the user had a 144Hz display and asked why the clock speeds got elevated and then lowered back down if the refresh rate was manually adjusted below well I thought 120Hz but it might have been 100Hz actually since current Display Port hardware can drive 3840x2160 at eh let's see 98Hz and retain 4:4:4 at 10-bit was it well there's a lot more for me to read up on ha ha. :)

That explains the behavior in more detail then and that is very much intended, it's not a huge issue as such since the card is idle and the workload or there being no real workload still ensures it's only a small increase in overall temperature and a smaller voltage increase but I don't think it's ever been mentioned or stated via say a FAQ or such so there is a lot of posts on the subject and it goes back and forth for quite a while.
    (Can make finding info more difficult as well or at least what's correct for the info available.)

Though the same also repeated for the Ryzen CPU's recently and despite AMD being very quick to answer and provide detailed information there's still a lot of confusion so it might not really help either even if there is some overview of "issues" and expected behavior and trying to clarify or clear up.

Although behavior like this also changing in later drivers and often without being announced isn't helping either but my own knowledge and understanding is on a pretty basic level so I can't really claim to understand how this came to be but of course the engineers or programmers and driver team overall really would have a plan for implementing these and other changes in newer drivers such as being related to ensuring GPU stability for example. :)
    (Well your post explains most of it really, interesting and it's always fun to learn and read up on how these things work.)

EDIT: Speculative but a success hit or a series of strong selling products and a increase to the team size would be interesting as well although I suppose the GPU division is doing pretty well so who knows what the situation could be like in a couple of years essentially I'm just curious as to how it might work with regards to newer and older still supported GPU hardware and continued support for games and applications but it's not like the driver situation is terrible either.
    (There's staff positions for that sort of thing though, I'd imagine they have a number of plans and strategies internally for all of that.)

EDIT: Anyways August now so 19.8.1 as the next one out for drivers, iterative work on the 5700 issues I suppose and maybe some support for what titles are planned for August in terms of game launches and then there's a big clump all together in September heh. (All out before the Holiday sales period begins.)

Will be interesting to see what it does once the next driver gets released. :)

Jackalito likes this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Is this one any good (or better) than 19.7.3 ?
    VLK & DX11/12 games in play now. (e.g. Wolf II)

19. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    Actually my 60hz monitor is a 4K model - gaming/desktop all in 4k display mode (3840x2160) and no problems @60
    https://imgur.com/KsWYqbF

JonasBeckman likes this.
  20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Ah that's me being unclear which yeah that's a recurring thing. :)

But good to hear that it's working fine too.

Let's see so HDMI 2.0 and Display Port 1.4 and then bandwidth and the requirement for driving both a higher display resolution and bit depth including on newer displays also HDR if available and then the what's it called the color and chroma at a uncompressed level which is often 4:4:4 though due to hitting the limits for current HDMI 2.0 this can be reduced to 4:2:2 though with a reduction to overall image quality or clarity but it's required if you do not reduce the monitor range down to I believe it's around 96Hz for Display Port and for HDMI it's well I am pretty certain 60Hz isn't a problem but it caps out a bit below Display Port 1.4's bandwidth although 2.1 should improve on this but that will require newer hardware.

Was trying to look it up but Google changed stuff around last year so the resulting searches are geographical so it's a mess of some popular English tech blogs with some base info, Youtube random videos and then recommended terms or suggestions and then a mess of Swedish stuff. :p

60Hz should be fine though and supported without compromising in any way for the current 2.0 and as mentioned that also goes for Display Port depending on what the display or TV supports.
    (And then a bit further of a mess here with hardware in both the panel itself, GPU and for HDMI also the cabling itself with Display Port generally alright as long as it's not a cheaper budget cable under-performing compared to official specs.)

I don't know it too well either though honestly, started looking it up for the next display and the numerous changes here and trying to learn a bit about how it all works but I have a lot more to try and pick up and learn. :D

Bad enough trying to get the tech right for the display properties panel and all the differences here with the popular but not without drawbacks TFT, IPS but some common recurring problems like back glow, VA with strong black levels but less responsiveness and then here's LED and OLED and a number of variants of these and panel types and bit depth and marketing so it's not actually 10-bit it's FRC or dithering so 8+2 or the earlier "8" but it's 6+2 and now also a push to 120 or 144Hz and eventually more common 200Hz or higher displays should also make an appearance, 240Hz I suppose would be a good target doubling the existing 120Hz and then perhaps something above that similar to 144Hz to 120Hz maybe? I don't really know what's next up here though it seems research is ongoing towards some pretty high hertz ranges too but market availability is probably some years away at the very least though 240Hz has been attempted some few times already.

Sigh made a lot of mistakes and assumptions around this earlier and still having problems but eh hopefully getting a bit better too but then a lot of new tech happened.
    (Pushing to 120Hz would be a really nice upgrade for the next monitor though so I was hoping to make it right from the start ha ha. HDR is nice but not a priority for the moment and cost well yeah four digit range is a bit out of budget so that too.)

Egh that's a lengthy explanation or attempt at one, so much to learn and it's not very easy though I find it fun but yeah understanding it well is nowhere near simple at least for my own opinion and tech know-how which yep could be better alright.
    (Well the second half of the post just delved into some personal comments and opinions and thoughts on the display tech in general.)

EDIT: Hmm and I forgot about the clock speed matter entirely but that should only manifest at 100Hz then or higher, I guess AMD is keeping a pretty close track on sources such as their own forums, Reddit and boards like this or the Overclockers one even if their community managers don't always respond to every single question or report and for the Vanguard program that's also NDA'd so insiders can't share more detailed info as to what's going on for the upcoming drivers either.

EDIT: And then in regards to that I forgot about this little important bit too.

From the reply by mtrai above.

Yeah more to learn alright, nothing too surprising there.