AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.7.5 driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Richard Nutman

Richard Nutman Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7800XT
    I get the feeling some key driver people have left. Lot's of crashes and bugs creeping in lately. It's putting me off wanting an AMD gpu upgrade.

3. Mirko1978

Mirko1978 Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    You have no idea how bad RX5700 XT experience is.
    Three driver version come out in 10.days and all is crap and they not fix anything is crucial, they fix damn game fps...who give a s.it about PC crashes, freezes, buggy browser and so on.

This is hell...I am so disappointed and angry... I will never buy Radeon card near after launch again...I don't even know why I buy this blower crap card.
    10. days I can't do any crap...and 10. days spend on a futile search for a solution.

Strange Times likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Get rid of it and buy a 2070S. Sometimes you are just unlucky.

Strange Times likes this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its more likely they put new people on and these new people don't have much experience with probably poorly commented code.

6. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Good god, AMD folder on C:\ is again over 5GB ... :D

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    How did that happen?

C:\Downloads\AMD_Display\ and the 19.7.5 drivers (I do clean out the earlier ones after comparing INF's though.) and it's 1.07 GB after removing three app folders that I didn't need.
    (User Experience Program, VC2017 runtime and the problem reporter I think the third one was?)

Nothing much to say about it, no profile changes from 19.7.3 from comparing the "blob" file for atiapfxx.blb and nothing really stands out in the INF file either. :)
    (It's another quick fix for a popular and this time also recent game for the 5700 GPU's, hopefully the next driver will be a bit more substantial but good to get fixes out quickly I suppose.)

EDIT: That is still sizeable though for a driver even with the ~200 some MB for the Catalyst Settings and a split for 32 and 64 bit with all the modules taking up a sizeable part of the whole package. :D
    (But yeah there's D3D, OGL, VLK including a modified variant of the runtimes and then Open CL and media playback files and other stuff heh.)

EDIT: Wonder when AMD will cut the Windows 7 drivers too but the OS is still popular (To the extent the Windows 8 and 8.1 driver package was cut early instead.) though that won't affect the separate Windows 10 package here and it's contents much.

If GCN and then RDNA which also does GCN code is modular enough then cutting the 7000 series of cards likely won't bring size down much either and beyond that up until what Navi GCN isn't that different for each revision even if there's been various improvements and additions or tweaks and fixes and enhancements of all sorts.
    (It's mostly 1.0 and the 7000 series as the one that's a bit more lacking but even that might not be a huge deal depending on how the driver code has it all sorted out compared to what was it the Tera Scale of the 6000 series and earlier?)

EDIT: That won't happen just yet though either Win7 OS dropping or GPU's being removed from driver support and it looks like the poll is open for what features users want for the December "Big Package" drivers too and whatever name these will have and all the features.
    (Maybe a gradual roll out would induce less problems this time...no?)

EDIT: Well keeping the prior installers doesn't hurt I suppose and might help installation if needed in case anything does break plus changes to Polaris and Vega since 18.12.1 gradually breaking and fixing and changing stuff as priority shifted to Radeon VII and now Navi instead leaving stuff like the Vega fan "curve" (Stair stepping mode go!) kinda not quite ideal outside of third party software. :D

And other stuff, Polaris has a number of issues back and forth although I haven't checked if 19.7.x has made a difference but I guess the answers is going to be a bit varied as usual so kinda hard to tell without having the hardware to test with.
    (Earlier GPU's not getting some of the features either even if it might just be a software thing and not hardware reliant.)

Just how it is with something as sensitive and complex as a hardware driver I guess and then the display driver having a hundred some settings and tons of game profiles and specific things for compatibility or outright overrides and shader replacements and all kinds of fun things.

Was hoping AMD would fix up the Adrenaline 2019 driver more for existing hardware but I guess Navi kinda displaced Vega and Polaris with it's pricing/performance ratio and other improvements so I can see support dwindling down fast now that these cards have no real place anymore other than reselling or stocks being emptied at highly discounted prices.
    (300 - 400 US Dollar to Euro and that might make them attractive plus the advantage in compute plus HBM might be of use for example.)

Haven't had any major issues with the 19.6 and later drivers myself though I don't expect much to happen but who knows what AMD might be doing and game fixes and optimizations do still apply even if some hardware will be constrained with efficiency problems compared to more recent models or how to say.
    (5800 and Navi20 after that and AMD has a pretty good lineup plus maybe price pressing the 5700's more if that's possible once non-reference models start appearing.)

Bit of a side grade for Vega and Polaris users but still around a 15% gain for Vega56 and more for the 580's if not higher plus later drivers could make another 3 - 5% difference and some general gains on top of that.
    (Well depending on the game, some see a bigger difference and even approaching the VII's performance level for whatever reason, RDNA seems to be doing well at least. :D )

Anyways 19.7.5 the driver and not really about hardware but it'll be interesting to see what AMD will be doing for both drivers and upcoming GPU's and nice to see game fixes provided rapidly although it looks a bit funny with 19.7.4 and 19.7.5 following so rapidly instead of having some hotfix separate driver but I suppose 19.7.3 was somewhat like a non-WHQL beta so that just gets updated to 19.7.5 now and a eventual WHQL version if nothing else comes up. :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  8. Mirko1978

Mirko1978 Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    You know what is the funny story..I sell my Asus Turbo RTX 2070 vanila (same blower stile cooler) and buy RX 5700 XT..what a mistake.
    RTX 2070 is slower then RX 5700 XT no doubt, but that card run so cool even with blower cooler on it, drivers are so good...everyting work perfect...OBS run perfect, games run perfect.
    But Huston we have problem, we have freesync monitor so my stupid brain tell me go and buy RX 5700 XT and here we are.
    Now I scratching my head :(

People like me and proud owners of RX 5700 XT all day and night play game like this, here is my gameplay:

http://prntscr.com/omzuu0

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  9. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Welp, thankfully, I have had no issues of any kind on my openbox Sapphire RX 5700.

Remove your overclock on you cpu, do a proper DDU, download the latest drivers and install them, if you have not, that is.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Have you performed a fresh installation of windows since moving from the Nvidia card to the new AMD one?

What is the motherboard being used?

11. Mirko1978

Mirko1978 Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Yes, I try everything.
    First what I do when I buy new card is install new fresh copy of Windows, I try 1809, then I try 1903, I try everything and problem still exist.
    Idk what is the f..... problem...driver or card it self.

MB is Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The motherboard is using newest bios revision?

13. Mirko1978

Mirko1978 Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Idk i think yes but I am not sure 100%.

EDIT:It wasn't the last version it was f41b now I flash to f41a which is the last version..but I don't see any difference..stilll everything is laggy and buggy.
    Maybe is stupid question but lets ask:

Can my R7 1700 be a problem cos I heard somewhere that I need Ryzen 3000 series cpu to work with NAVI.

Sound stupid but lets ask ?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm not sure about the cpu question but one last thing you could try, if you are able to at least, try testing the system using a different power supply.

Try seeking help in the following two subforums, you will have a better chance at having someone who might know a bit more than me giving you some help.

AMD CPU and Motherboards https://forums.guru3d.com/forums/processors-and-motherboards-amd.24/

AMD Video cards https://forums.guru3d.com/forums/videocards-amd-radeon.19/

15. Mirko1978

Mirko1978 Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    I have not a backup power supply
    PSU which I use now have 700W and its 3 months old..is not Corsair or EVGA but i think FSP Hyper M 700W is not so weak for NAVI and all sistem at all..
    However tanks for help.

KissSh0t likes this.