Review: ASUS RoG Swift PG35VQ Monitor - 200 Hz - 512 Local Dimming Zones

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Maddness likes this.
  2. er557

er557 Guest

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    I will keep my kidneys and liver, thank you

Maddness likes this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    is this the first Gsync Ultimate panel to support DSC?

it is not, strange given they added it to Turing....

4. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    No thanks. The price is out of this world. It costs more than a premium TV.
    HDR will remain out of reach for 99.9% of people with these prices and along with it developers won't care much to implement it correctly.
    Prices must go down faster.

HonoredShadow likes this.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Probably won't be until MicroLED displays start getting pushed in phones. Apple is supposedly launching a MicroLED Apple Watch next year.

6. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    No offense to display manufacturers, but I don't know why they keep forcing dimming zones nonsense onto consumers (which also adds extra cost). This feature will NEVER be good, unless dimming zones = pixels on screen, aka OLED.

HonoredShadow and Dragam1337 like this.
  7. stefpats

stefpats Member

GPU:
    NvidiaGeForce2080Ti
    the good: Size (inches) Resolution,Hz,Response time,HDR,GSync
    the bad: VA panel,fan noise (?!),Price
    I currently have a monitor with all the good (except it is 100Hz) so the bad are BAD for me.So no,i ll wait.

8. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    Because it's the next best thing and is a lot cheaper to produce than OLED is right now. Asus is selling a PQ22UC 21 inch 4 k OLED display right now for the measly sum of € 4999,-. So all things considered the 3 monitors with FALD aren't too expensive right now.

9. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    Guys , you forget one thing HH has begun wrapping this huge thing and it will go under the Christmas tree :)
    Jocking aside I still hold my ground as 4k it's just to much for today graphics and graphic cards !

10. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    I have an Acer Predator X27 and I almost cried when the price was $1600 for a 27 inch, 384-zone FALD with G-Sync HDR1000, and 144hz. Maybe I should sell it and get this Asus PG35VQ or the upcoming Acer Predator X35?

11. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    2750$?? Means i have no words.Price itself is the biggest CONS of this monitor.

12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    So from the review we can conclude that the screen of this thing is amazing, out of this world! This alone makes me want this thing so badly it hurts! But then the review also says the monitor uses color compression, only has an one HDMI and one DisplayPort (really???) and a fan!... And to make things even better, it only costs 2750€!!!???

I´m gonna hold on to my LG screen until a similar monitor hits the market with that amazing screen and without the fan and color compression and priced around 500€. Yes, i know i´m going to wait a very long time before this happens but that´s okay, i´m patient man.

Maddness likes this.
  13. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    I have the Acer Predator X27. Same amazing screen except its 16:9, 27 inch and 4K and have 384-zone FALD instead of 21:9, 35 inch 3440x1440 w. 512-zone FALD. Its also IPS instead of VA and 144hz 4K instead of 200hz 2K. Has the same 4:2:2 chroma subsampling compression, only one HDMI and one DisplayPort, and a fan. The fan is basically inaudible (even after 8 hours of playing a HDR game at 4K/144hz). So the fan will be a non-issue unless you live in some place like the Nevada desert. Its the goddarn cost of these monitors that turns me off. Mine was retails for $1800.

14. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Great review.Thank you
    This line here is so true with 99% of people with monitors
    I have grown to love 3440x1440 resolution so that is also good.
    Price is not a deterrent if you want the best,for me $4000+ Canadian dollars I could buy and I am not trying to crap on thread,I am just old and somethings I would rather spend my cash elsewhere.

https://i.**********/76KZhgLp/k.png

cryohellinc likes this.
  15. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    @gerardfraser How big are the kitchens in Canada since they recomand a 43' :D

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...1000-ultra-wide-gaming-monitor-mo-0a5-as.html

£2,699.99 plus shipping (UK)

That is nutty. I honestly cannot ever side with a few costs in my mind:

Graphics cards that cost more than a premium games console
    A single serving of coffee costing more than a months worth of coffee beans
    A single serving of 'house' red costing more than a bottle of merlo

and of course-

35" Computer monitors that cost more than a 65" premium teevee

buhehe likes this.
  17. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Almost as big as the outhouse by the igloo:p

18. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Pointless as I see it. I mean, when u play game at 100fps and 144hz monitor, there is more noticeable stutter than playing same game at 120hz. Double that to 240hz and u have stutter mess. Best is always to have 120fps and 120hz or 144hz/fps combo. OFC fps preferably should be higher anyway, but...playing game with less fps than hz is PITA.
    This is why still FHD screens are so popular in esports. Just notch resolution higher and loss of fps is unacceptable and hurts your aim, and game feel. 4k is no go still.

19. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Finally my dream monitor, ill buy either this one or Acer x35, whichever is cheaper, I contacted both companies and they should be available by the end of August over here.
    Thank god we live in credit world,almost every shop offers 12 or 24 and big chains 36 payments, no credit

20. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    My RTX 2080Ti handles 4K on ultra settings in all my games at around 70-100fps. The next gen cards RTX 3080Ti will absolutely destroy those results no doubt. 4K is here and there are cards out there that can and do handle it. 8K is where the struggle is.