The XBox One X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Mike Z, Dec 14, 2017.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^For one moment i thought DF had been given access by MS to the full specs of the Scarlett and they were doing the reveal, but no, a DF video on what we already know from E3, DF playing the click bait button here, swines. lol

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not watched, but that's a shame as DF is pretty much the only tech YouTube group that I subscribe to.

Nearly posted a drunken rant last night as the BluRay playback is beyond frustrating.

I have only tried 5 discs, but 3 just don't play first time, and the fix seems to involve messing with power settings and lots of fannying about with multiple system resets.

Imo I can easily see Scarlet being the most powerful console on paper, but MS need to fix the UI as its ugly, and so so slow.

Or is it just me?

dark_surge likes this.
  3. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    I liked the blades. They should bring that back (Even though they won't).

Redemption80 likes this.
  4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    There is now rumour that Oculus and MS will be adding native Rift S support to the Scarlett, which of would actually work seeing as the S is basically a WMR/CV1 hybrid, so only one USB and one HDMI port then required, and it would have a double bonus because you could use it natively between the PC and the Scarlett, unlike the PSVR, this could be awesome, fingers crossed.

Serotonin likes this.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I currently don't own a freesync monitor anymore, is it worth picking one up for the One X?

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Why just for the XBX, you can also use it for your PC, best of both worlds. :)

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Well i really love my 1080p monitor for PC, tearing isn't an issue. The monitor for the One X is going to be 4K, the Asus VP28UQG to be exact.

EDIT: And my current monitor doesn't have enough inputs, can only have 2 wich are my PC and PS4.

EDIT2: Wow my One X is arriving faster then expected, it's coming today. :D
    First time i buy from Amazon that gets here in 2 days time, it's usually 4 days from Germany > Netherlands.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    XP-200 likes this.
  8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well if the cash is burning a hole in your pocket. Lol

This thread made me curious about my tv as i only ever had it set to 4k hdr, i never gave a thought to any other supposed screen res, so i took a look and i found two more, 1440p at 60mhz and 1080p a 120mhz......so fired up FH4 and tried the second one first and when things got too fast you could see a line of tearing on the screen.......then tried 1440p at 60mhz, no tearing......but, on both these i lose hdr......so not really any good to me as i can have 4k HDR and 60hz as standard. ha

(You should get a free month gold and a free month Gamepass with your new console:) )

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I got the ultimate gamepass, first month 1 euro and another 2 months from AMD's coupon code wich i have 2 of but the other coupon code needs to get fixed by AMD then i'll have another 2 months. :D

I personally don't like to play on TV, unless it's a racing game but i play mostly online shooters like Apex and COD.
    It does look very good, no aliasing at all lol looks even better then my PC games at 1080p without AA or even with TAA.

Some games that are capped at 30 like Metro Exodus don't really feel snappy, not sure if it's the 30fps cap.
    But even some games like COD at 60 feels sluggish sometimes, feels like vsync/mouse smoothing.

I have ALOOT of games in my download queue lol, shame that the servers are so damn slow.
    On steam/origin/uplay i download everything at 50mb/s.
    So many good games though with the Game Pass unlike PS4's PS Now.

Keitosha and XP-200 like this.
  10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    XboxoneX is great hardware considering its price during sales period despite being old by now.

Especially at a tiny high quality 1080p monitor it almost equals PC gaming in terms of quality and clarity due to supersampling. 4K with HDR cannot compensate for that, it is so dissapointing in my TV.

Keitosha and signex like this.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Did you have your Tv set to game mode, of course i never pick on any of these 30/60fps stuff as it has never affected me but i don't play any of online shooters as they are all bland BR/lootbox filled/mobile games as servcies these days, i would rather stick forks in my eyes than play a online shooter these days.lol..........but i do enjoy online coop like horde on Gears which is just fantastic, of some fun online racing as in FH games......well enjoy your new toy. ;)

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yea i have an very low input lag TV from Samsung, feels like a PC monitor. :D

Apex is the only fun FPS game to play on console, BF5 feels kinda meh... i did even better on my PS4 Slim maybe cuz of the controller.
    I really dislike the xbox one x controller, the thumbsticks feel off and my PC controller doesn't work on it. :(

I left it on all night and it still hasn't finished downloading the games, it looks like it's going at 1mb/s.

Oh and i bought it used like new from Amazon for almost 300 euro, the damn seller took out the Xbox One X's controller batteries wich sucks...
    But it looks brand new though, like it's never used.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    Keitosha likes this.
  13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^My X was box damaged from Argos, and was almost £100 off the retail price at the time, and still going strong, never missed a beat.....can't beat a good bargain. :)

As for your DL speeds yeah something is not working right, i only have 34 meg fibre but it is always a stable 34 meg with no issues.......i assume you have tried the usual stuff, resetting your router, don't have any game sitting suspended in the background, what is your top speed, does your ISP throttle?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    Keitosha likes this.
  14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Well i do use WIFI, but it's rock solid and it can handle my max speed with 5ghz. My router is very close to me, and i played PUBG this morning wich had network info overlay, 31ms and zero packet loss.

Screenshot from speedtest: http://prntscr.com/omlpy5
    And this is from a cheap wifi usb stick.

EDIT: My PS4 downloads faster also, doesn't take very long to download a big game like BF5.

Keitosha likes this.
  15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Funny thng is my xbox is stabe at my full 34 meg, my ps pro on the other hand has never went about 17 meg, wired or wifi, only device i have that does not use my internet at full speed, but i don't rarely buy digitally on the PS4, so not really a big deal as i only use it for psvr games these day, it is a nice sit down vr box for sure is the pro. :)

Keitosha likes this.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    While downloading it does show high mb/s but if i look at the rate the game downloads it seems way slower like 1 or 2mb/s.

Keitosha likes this.
  17. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Having a fiber 1Gbit/1Gbit line I've seen my XB1X having the fastest speeds, but always capping around 300Mbit/s. It never goes higher than that. Different cables and switches doesn't matter. PS4 Pro is a mixed bag, mostly around 100Mbit, but most of the time way slower. I even have my Switch wired connected. Even with that, it is clearly the slowest.

300Mbit/s also seems the cap in Win 10 for me. Like MS Store and Win Updates. Might be a regional thing here in the NL.

Using CAT7 wiring. (I hate corners hehe) Overkill sure, but when replacing all the wiring I could just as well go all the way. :)

rl66 likes this.
  18. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Any fiber is 1Gbit/s possible but in some country the providers limit bandwith at 300Mbit/s.
    Check it as i was paying for 1Gbit/s and my french provider have limited at 300Mbit/s, the mistake have been resolved once i make a drama at the phone (5 min later i was at the right speed).
    For corners you may do a loop as the gaz tube in earthquake zone.

Keitosha likes this.
  19. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Lucky for me I have a full 1Gbit connection. Steam DL's with around 120MB/s, Battle.net the same. Got it with some torrents. A friend of mine has a 600Mbit line and his XB1 also caps around 300Mbit/s.

As for my CAT7 wiring, I got it fixed long time ago. Its sturdiness was a nuisance. :)

20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Serotonin likes this.