MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Arkh

Arkh Guest

My bad, beta2. Guess ill wait for release

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

The plugin with working temperature monitoring for 3000 family is available just a few posts above. Beta 2 won’t give you anything better than exactly the same temperature readings built into the core and enabled by default.

3. Arkh

Arkh Guest

It works, thanks

4. Unwinder

No problem, glad that you've got it working.

All

Got a call from delivery service, something just arrived. Hope that it is NAVI at last, and we won't need to delay beta 2 any longer. I'll pick it up a few hours later and see what is inside.

5. Unwinder

It was indeed NAVI, I did everything I wanted with it and I'm happy to report that we're preparing beta 2 to uploading now. During stress-testing NAVI on my Ryzen 2700 platform I've also added a few more sensors for whole Ryzen CPU family, which can be useful to some users: CPU package power monitoring and per-core CPU power monitoring. So those graphs for Ryzens will be also unlocked with new beta. Updated changes list includes:

MSI Afterburner 4.6.2 beta 2 build 15658

· Added voltage control for reference design NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20x0 SUPER series graphic cards
    · Added voltage control for AMD RADEON RX 5700 series graphics cards

· Added new MSI Steampunked, MSI Lightning Anniversary and MSI Mystic skins by Drerex design
    · Improved hardware monitoring module:
    o Added CPU temperature monitoring support for AMD Ryzen 3X00 processors family
    o Added thermal offset for CPU temperature monitoring on AMD Ryzen Threadripper 29X0 processors family
    o Added package CPU power and per-core CPU power monitoring for AMD Ryzen processors family
    o Improved monitoring plugins architecture:
    § Added API function for reading host application’s hardware monitoring timestamp from the plugins. The timestamp is updated by host on each hardware polling iteration, so it allows the plugin to precache and reuse some sensor data if the same physical sensor value is being used in multiple data sources exported by plugin. Such approach is demonstrated in updated CPU.dll plugin for duplicating the same temperature sensor value for all cores on AMD CPUs
    § Added optional plugin unititialization callback function, which is called by the host before unloading the plugins. New multithreaded Ping.dll plugin is demonstrating new function usage to shut down ping monitoring thread properly
    o Improved monitoring plugins:
    § Updated CPU.dll plugin is demonstating AMD Ryzen CPU temperature monitoring implementation and optimal duplication of the same temperature sensor readback for all CPU cores
    § Added new Ping.dll plugin for monitoring ping to desired server via ICMP echo requests. Please take a note that the plugin is configured to monitor ping to www.guru3d.com by default, it is up to you to specify target server name or IP address in the plugin properties

· Improved skin engine:
    o Optimized skin rendering performance for skins using multiple overlapped animated indicators
    o Added position smoothing support to skinned indicators
    o Now skinned applications can forcibly disable indicator animation if necessary
    o Skin format reference guide has been updated to v1.8 to document these changes
    · RivaTuner Statistics Server has been upgraded to v7.2.3

Grab it here:

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html

We'll leave it as forum link only for a couple days, then launch it for everyone in news on the main Guru3D page and probably make it visible to MSI update servers.
    I'll be online during this week to monitor critical issues then I'll leave PC for vacation for couple weeks or so. Stay tuned!

P.S. I do hope that you'll enjoy magic skins created by Chris, which we introduce in this version. MSI Mystic is my personal favorite for now ;)

Andy_K, bigcid1, MrBeer and 7 others like this.
  6. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Thanks a lot Alexey for the new version and enjoy the vacation!

The1 and Unwinder like this.
  7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Nice, clean UI with easy to read graphs (MSI Mystic) :)

Unwinder and eGGroLLiO like this.
  8. OleMortenF

OleMortenF Member

GPU:
    980 SC 4GB
    Awesome, thanks for the hard work the both of you :D

eGGroLLiO and Unwinder like this.
  9. gran172

gran172 Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2060 6Gb
    Loving the new skins! Unwinder, is it just me or is the issue with fonts having a large overhang displaying the fonts kind of broken completely fixed? I was using a font that would display kind of broken because of its overhang and now it looks great!

10. Unwinder

Yes, and it is reflected in RTSS 7.2.3 beta 2 release notes.

gran172 likes this.

11. Arkh

Arkh Guest

Thanks a lot

12. gran172

gran172 Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2060 6Gb
    Thanks! That issue was really bothering me, looks great now. One more question if you don't mind, is there anyway to attach the Hardware Monitor window on the new Mystic skin? When I right click on "attach" nothing happens (maybe it's part of the design).

13. Unwinder

This skin is minimalistic by design and it doesn’t have an ability to attach monitoring window to it.

eGGroLLiO, gran172 and toyo like this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nice release, I'm seeing some reports in a mod tool community im in that RTSS mixed with the tool in particular is crashing in d3d9 (on Windows 10 specifically), so i have a request to just exclude the tool with a profile

can you please add https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/324075796052443166/602995038770954241/FFXIV_TexTools.exe.cfg to the default templates :)

The app uses sharpdx and by default is set to dx11, so im not sure why the crash is in d3d9, but w/e, it isn't necessary for this app to have framerate or statistics visible so who cares XD

15. JJJMMM

JJJMMM Guest

Thank you for the Beta 2 update. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. Running Beta 2 with a Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super but Afterburner displays no button near Core Clock. I tried manually starting MSIOCScanner_x64.exe in Bundle and it won't run. I'd embed a screen shot of Afterburner but can't figure out how as it requests a URL for an image. What am i missing?

16. arel77

arel77 Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 EVGA
    Down loading now
    Those new skins look nice :)
    keep up the good work

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    if nvidia hasn't updated the scanner api for super cards it could be why its not working.

18. JJJMMM

JJJMMM Guest

That makes sense. I'm running the current NVidia release 431.36. Is there other software I've missed?
    Thank you again.

19. Unwinder

You're confusing something, OC scanner button is NOT located near the "Core clock" and it was never there. There is a button for VF curve editor and if it is missing - driver is not installed or installed improperly.

20. Unwinder

I'll add it to built-in exclusions in the next version.

Astyanax likes this.