GeForce RTX 2080 Super Spotted in FF XV Benchmark - 8% faster

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  3. fl2015

fl2015 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    So 13-14% faster than a 2070S for 40% more money.

4. kwazyivan

kwazyivan Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I've overclocked my 2080 Ti to a very stable performance which now matches the TITAN RTX

Check link below:
    1440p Results = https://imgur.com/a/cvGanM8
    2160p Resuts = https://imgur.com/a/5NeTfTp

EDIT:
    New 1440p 2080Ti Results beats TITAN RTX ;) = https://imgur.com/a/5qeDD8m

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019

5. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Nope, its still losing. In the PC Master Race, it doesn't matter if you win by 100fps or 1fps. When you win, you win; and when you win, you are worth that $2499 to some people. :p

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Re 4k too much for a RTX Titan... they just dont know how to adjust settings to be playable at minimum visual loss. Many reviewers dont fiddle with settings and just set a 'blanket ultra' on everything to do their reviews quick.

My own results with regular 2080 (SOTR):
    https://i.**********/0QpRzQ1T/SOTR-fps-69.jpg
    https://i.**********/RVp8Vfn3/SOTR-fps-69-pt2.jpg

Aura89 likes this.
  7. beta-sama

beta-sama Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS GTX1080Ti WF
  8. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Guess time to upgrade :eek:

alanm likes this.
  9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Upgrade to 4k. ;)

10. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    8% increase in performance is now considered news worthy.

This is the most pathetic state of gpus I have seen to date.

11. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    Nice results for 4k but for all maxed is 4080ti needed.

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Bollocks :D.

I should clarify. You can probably even find some 1080p game where even a Titan RTX cant technically max out "everything" (if the user insists of trolling himself and others) with ridiculous settings like MSAA x8, full RTX on, HBAO+ at 144 fps, etc, without addressing what is the most visually appealing aspect of a game graphically. And the single most visually appealing aspect of ANY game lies in increased resolution, period. Above all else! Even if you have to bring down some other settings (usually inconsequential, ie, motion blur, level of shadows, type and degree of AA esp at 4k, etc). But increased res doesnt do much if you are stuck on a small screen, ie, 24".

With a proper size screen, increase in res MORE than makes up for whatever settings you may have to bring down, and again, usually involving settings that hardly make any visual difference at all. If you max out everything at 1080p on a small screen, it will still pale in comparison to something not maxed out at 4k (on larger screen). You may not care about visuals and just want to be competitive at 144 fps in a fast paced game, but thats another thing altogether. Gamers have different priorities. Some have more fun with CSGO and Quake at 144fps and dont care about crappy visuals, while others prefer more visually appealing, slower paced games even if at lower FPS.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  13. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    I played same build of SOTR like you in 1080p 144hz all maxed - Paititi map and performance was pretty bad and it was on 2080 also.They really need to do some GPU performance improvement for new games if you dont want to play Quake 2 rtx on it.

14. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    Ye dat is really super state.

Clawedge and mohiuddin like this.
  15. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Super stagnant state. :p

Clawedge likes this.

16. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    I wonder how much NV will take for new 30 series GPUs and if they will be on 7nm.

17. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Well at least it fills in what is now a pretty decent gap between the 2070S and 2080Ti (remember, the 2080 is being phased-out). On the other hand, who exactly is this catering to? Nvidia has a knack for making products that are more meant to one-up AMD, rather than satisfy a specific market need.

MonstroMart likes this.
  18. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Will it be enough this time though? I mean the 5700XT is pretty damn close to a 2070 Super. If a 5800XT is coming later this year or early 2020 you have to wonder what will be the difference between it and a 2080 Super. I know some guys think there's no room for improvement over the 5700XT but it's highly debatable.

19. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Not sure, but I'm guessing Nvidia has enough industry power and inside information where they can take a chance.
    Considering AMD left room for both 800 and 900, I think it's more than likely there's room for improvement. I'm guessing they released the 700 series first since it's the market segment that sells the best. It wouldn't leave that good of an impression if they released slower products, and their drivers aren't mature enough to release the 800-900 models (and therefore would also leave a bad impression). Even with driver immaturity, the 700s performed well enough to get people's attention, so I'd say that strategy worked (assuming I'm right about it).

20. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    All the ways of increasing visual quality suffer from diminishing returns as you get better and better. You can tell that res is one of those as you have to keep prefixing all your comments with the "proper screen size" - i.e. go huge or it's not worth it.
    The single biggest different between a pixar movie and what we have in games is not resolution (they film in 4k, the older films are 2k and that's for a cinema screen - we already have those res on PC) it's lighting.