The Witcher 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Very nice! What mods are you using?

Personally just using the current version of HD Reworked but wouldn't mind a few suggestions.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    For 2015 it holds up well although 2013 - 2014 is where games started to fully push for a physically based rendering pipeline and that has really helped plus the feel of the game world in Witcher 3 overall and way it's designed though the HD texture and asset mod after some updates has also made a nice difference with some of the nice but lower-detail object in the game.

LOD and such had mods too for anything from objects to characters though objects likely impact load times and performance though characters being full detail even outside of cutscenes would probably not hurt too badly although it likely mostly affects the more quest important characters. :)

Weather mods well up to personal preference whether it's something bright or more moody or "realistic" to what extent the game and engine and visual tech allows for or any other.
    Unsure if there's much for vegetation but perhaps, Touissant grass doesn't really fit everywhere but that was a mod some years back and then there's been attempts at also improving the water in some areas though overall it doesn't look bad.

One day perhaps though I would replay the series and the first game has some rough bits as does the sequel but it would be interesting though fiddling with ini settings and mods particularly for Witcher 3 would take a lot of time. :D
    Entire trilogy going White Wolf but getting released updated to RED Engine 4 or whatever the latest is would be amazing but probably very unfeasible with the work needed as a full remake of the first two games at least and major updates to W3 and costs, sales expectations and when they could do Witcher 4 after Cyberpunk 2077 instead. :p

3. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Well, here is a list of every mod I'm using in my mods folder. Not sure if that will help though.

Some of the more important ones I'll describe below.

First, lighting
    I use STLM (Super Turbo Lighting Mod). It's come a LONG way since it first started, and really helps to improve some of the overly gaudy lighting in the game. Gives it a much more natural look.

LOD \ Draw Distance.
    Absolutely one of the weaker aspects of the game. Everything turns to mush after about 20 meters. Especially buildings. So this is a must. Bit of a hit on performance but modern graphics cards should be able to power it.

Next Generation LOD mod.
    Increased draw distance.

Grass
    There are 2 options for this. Both give you different looks.
    Ultra Grass 420 with Toussaint grass in Novigrad and Velen.

Yeah it's a stupid procreating name for a mod but it's great. Example:
    [​IMG]

Beautiful Grass V3
    Gives you more variety in the grass. Example:
    [​IMG]

Ultimate Graphics Options
    When the game launched, the only way to push settings beyond the in-game menus was editing the config files.
    Enter UGOM (Ultimate Graphics Options Mod).
    This lets you tweak things well beyond ultra in-game and lets you see the changes right away.

Textures. Textures. Textures.
    These are optional... and yet not. Because they improve texture quality a TON and generally stay close to the originals.
    HD Reworked Project (this is the big one)
    Novigrad Reloaded
    Skellige 4K Terrain
    Beautiful Rocks Mod
    4K Clouds
    Next Gen Candles

There's more out there. Just search the Nexus for anything that looks good.

As for the combat... there are 2 mods that made combat soooo much better for me. 1 is a whole game system overhaul that balances the economy, adds stamina to EVERYTHING, changes how armor works, and tries to balance all of that. Also makes enemies more aggressive (so the game gets harder).

That one is called Ghost Mode.

The other is something called Improved Combat Animations, which makes close-quarters combat much more responsive by removing the pointless spin attacks. So you can chain quick swords slashes if you're close to the enemy. Long range attacks will still do the spins but I think that's fine.

Or... maybe I used Better Combat Animations. I can't remember, but both seem to do the same thing. Make combat more responsive.

jbscotchman, AsiJu and Undying like this.
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Fyke Isle, man that is one crazy quest! I feel so bad for that young woman.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Thanks a lot for all the detailed info and links!

Do you use NMM or Vortex to manage mods or something else?
    Or does everything just work via "drag and drop"?

6. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    AsiJu likes this.
  7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Thanks again, and no rush. I'm not actively playing W3 atm but will return to it soonish.

8. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    The HD Reworked Project released its long awaited big 10.0 update within the last day or two. It's on the NexusMods.com site. For those into the graphics mods like me. It improves or attempts to improve textures in a wide variety of surfaces and places in the game.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Dragam1337 and drandiiski like this.
  9. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT

Holy crap!!!!!

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Was that little Ciri! watched it with no audio xD

I sure hope they don't mess this up.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Ok, I am hyped!

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    while it looks way better than it sounded and looked by the teasers, it still netflicks and triss is black and that irks me.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Is she really? other than Geralt I guess I didn't realize what character was who with no sound going xD

It's kinda sad that we now live in a world where you can't criticize such things without being branded as rasssisistsz.... when in reality most fans of the book and game series are like but that doesn't make sense because of the era and location.

Ohh well, fingers crossed Geralt has sex with a monster at least.

don't judge me okay

Netflix adaptation meme is the best meme.

Also Netflix just lost a few billion dollars worth of value yesterday following news it has lost subscriber growth for the first time ever.

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea it like triss is black

mary jane watson another iconic read head black.

ariel meh but iconic red head for little girls and weebs black.

someone made a joke other day about ginger genocide.

but really race swapping every fing red head? and i not even into red head one red head my entire life i found attractive and she was super model level so duh, but triss is one too far at this i hope they take this phase they in and shove it. getting old.

Solfaur and Dragam1337 like this.
  15. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    You have a broad definition of black.
    [​IMG]

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Youtube ponited out the one black girl in the trailer as triss.

maybe it was bad lighting maybe the lighting is overly bright in that photo (i bet that girl is mixed or maybe arab) , maybe they mistaken culrly black hair is not RED headed IRISH northern European period. that is not red head less your legitly color blind.

Dragam1337 and WhiteLightning like this.
  17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    vikings also had red hair :p

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    vikings also rocked dreadlocks.

Solfaur likes this.
  19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I don't know what she is, half Jewish? What does it matter? If they really wanted red hair they could've opted for dye. They chose not to.
    If you're anal about the details, fine. But Game of Thrones changed a lot details as well. And the show did fine until they ran out of book material.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea a realistic red head bottle of dye was beyond their budget or finding people that look like they way norther eurpean where most of the books take place.

but this is the same network that made zeus black FFS.

but this is only part of the reason i do not have a netflicks account because they a idiots too busy virtue signaling to produce anything real. they can wax about keeping to the books thy they did not period.

yennifer is a hunchback who was raped and tortured in the books, changed that. could not find a hunchback, yenifer was never instructed to find geralt ever either in the books.

can we stop saying we keeping to the cannon when we do not really give a F about it? they virtue signal about respecting the work, respecting the history and etc and get to work immediately changing everything.

god forbid these people make their own fantasy, scifi and etc with this hyper diverse world and everything is awesome. instead of hijacking everyone elses stuff, some of them would even deem this cultural appropriation but since i think that is all nonsense also but they literally stealing history and fiction and changing them to suit THEM gee?

Solfaur and Dragam1337 like this.