Grand Theft Auto 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 27, 2015.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    lol I got hacked 1 month ago, luckily I got it sorted out quick.

Some Russian nub hacked my account, when I fixed it I googled and saw it happened allot... what's worse, he even got the nerve to set my persona to his native Russian flag and whole rockstar club too..

I remember last time playing it I got a prompt my password wasn't right, or I forgot it, then in launcher I pressed reset password and somehow got redirected to ru.rockstar, I said ok and entered my details there.. now 3-4days ago I wanted to play again and I didn't get email to reset my password, since it was wrong again.
    Then I looked into my email history and saw he changed my persona and redirected my email to his email. lol boy was a stupid, lesson learned.

KissSh0t likes this.
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Tried gta4 mp on ps3 ran around a bit with a few people shot some other people and did stupid stuff, lagged out never tried again.

Tried rdr mp on ps3 half the online side stuff was locked behind dlc buys, got ganked by a high level player as a level 1 or 2 noob but kept running back and finally killed him after the 3rd or 4th owning. when he was trying to clear the gulch of mobs and just blasted him when his hp was low. Revenge!

Then i went to town and something wierd was happening, people were running around killing towns folk, and my xp kept shooting up, then i tried shooting a few and my xp really flew up, then my game lagged to high hell as i could hear the level up sound going off like mad.

Logged out logged back in i was level 20ish and had unlocked a ton of stuff, so i went back to town shot a few guys left town and i was still getting xp, so i afkd outside town, because it was much less laggy with the xp spam even.

Came back was level 50? i think. had every gun, outfit and horse unlocked. Logged out and never played again.

Oh and certain town areas you could not shoot people but you could shoot their horses, so people were always killing your horses when your were trying to leave town. So then you start shooting other peoples horses and then trying to kill them until you realize that you cant kill people at all that is why they were blasting your horse.

When hasnt their games mp been a bloody mess?

though gta 5 is mess more because of greed and hackers than game bugs and mechanic decisions. Tbh if i had gotten into it i would have cheated the hell out of it rather than grind for months to chase the bling, and buy shark cards. So i never bothered at all.

And sucks about your account mate. Would not even know if anyone hacked mine lol.

-Tj- likes this.
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well I'm now lvl 500 and have like 1billion dollars, a jacht and what not.. Im fine with that lol :D
    https://i.**********/MK00p832/GTA5-2018-10-30-22-10-22-971.jpg

https://i.**********/3xng2FHt/GTA5-2018-10-30-22-43-19-498.jpg

But I have one technical issue now; I seem to have a big cpu bottleneck, did they do something to gfx engine? OR how do I fix this, last time I played i think i got always over 100fps (at least in the city), now I'm limited a lot, with 60-70% gpu usage.. and 70-90fps

https://i.**********/Rh2hWytR/20181030220111-1.jpg

https://i.**********/KcWRpkWM/20181030220908-1.jpg

https://i.**********/m2FhvZx6/20181031002028-1.jpg

https://i.**********/rMfx6sBz/GTA5-2018-10-31-03-30-59-676.jpg

I alt+tab'd few times, to fix that triplebuffer glitch, but it still ran much slower then last time playing it, idk 2-3months ago.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    norton and XenthorX like this.
  4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    damn it looks good

-Tj- likes this.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Is there any notable graphic mod for the game ? Just reinstalled it :p

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    This looks great in UW :D

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    XenthorX likes this.
  8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Thanks, tried this one! Might do the campaign again hehe

9. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Still hoping Vosswar releases his Simple Aesthetics mod.

10. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    That looks pretty nice at 4k max settings, seeing how old the game is and its roots in X360/PS3. The fact that an OC'd 2080Ti can almost run it at a locked 60FPS is incredible, in more than one way. I would probably switch from PCSS shadows to AMD shadows and lock it to 60, along with turning the advanced settings sliders to 5/10. After days of testing I found that the stutter present in the game at max settings comes from the extended settings sliders, and it's most obvious when driving in a city area, near grass or when flying. So, most of the game world. :)

I run this same setup with my 1080Ti with AMD shadows, grass down one setting from Ultra, advanced sliders at half and everything else maxed and it is locked to 60FPS 99% of the time. I've also found that MSAA causes issues with shadows, like odd boxes when flying and flickering at night from some car headlights. If I have extra GPU power I just leave the game resolution at 4k and use the frame scaling in the advanced settings to pump up the IQ with the power gained from turning MSAA off.

11. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    ^ Are there any mods or patches that remove the tiling on the ground on foothills at the base of some mountains? You can see the tiling or grid patterns if you're near the desert airport and you look east to the mountains. It's on the foothills there in the areas not covered by sagebrush.

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    No it doesn't, oh the trailer looks great but as a vet of GTAO I can see what the trailer isn't showing, the grind, the boring fetch quests, the tiered buying structure that requires you to buy five different things just to get the weapon / vehicle / item you actually want, the items locked behind boring un engaging missions full of infinite spawn NPCs, the micro management needed to stop the new maguffin from becoming just another money sink and of course the above inflation costs of the new content, the dripfeed, the new game balancing issue, the new game breaking issues, the old game balancing issues still unfixed, the old game breaking bugs still unfixed, the new stuff that renders old stuff utterly obsolete, the new stuff that doesn't equal the old stuff because Rcokstar committed to using new vehicle handling flags around 3 updates ago which totally and utterly bork any new cars they have released and they are just to lazy to implement them in the older vehicles and the entire overwhelming sense that GTAO had so so so much potential and Rcokstar p*ssed it all up the wall by taking the easiest laziest pandering to the crowd approach to it's content release.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well i dont really play it enough to have a opinion on that tbh. once in a while i play a few stunt races and thats it lol.
    It does impress me how much effort rockstar put in GTAO though , i have not seen that in any game out there so far. All for free.

15. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Oh well I can show you exactly how much 'effort' Rcokstar put in using something you and I had in common.

That is an example of how much 'effort' Rockstar put in to this game. Two races broken by a fundamentally broken game mechanic, a mechanic Rcokstar implemented from day one, have been told is broken have been asked to resolve fix or even just have it set as default off on servers and have done nowt about it. I reported both of those to Rcokstar's support got batted around their low level tech support before being told that it 'had been elevated to a higher tier support' and then the case was closed as 'resolved'. The issue to this day over 2 years later still has not been fixed.

cerebus23 likes this.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Im at infinite money now.. basically can get anything I want.. cash keeps flowing in from banks and clubs and bunkers. Logged in after 2months and see I it went from 1bill to 10bill lol

Can I give it to other players, friends too? Like bank transfer etc

17. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    How? GTAO has a single passive money making business, the nightclub, and even then it still requires the player be logged in to the game with them changing out the DJ every 24 hours or so to keep club popularity high and even then it only generates something in the range of 100,000 to 200,000 every 24 hours. I would be more concerned with where the 9bill came from because everything I've seen of GTAO tells me what has happened to yourself just isn't possible.

and no you can't give money to other players... well you can you can give a small percentage of money earned in freeroam events to people who may have helped you but you're talk a couple of thousand at the most.

-Tj- likes this.
  18. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    i can't even contemplate how you got 10bil after 2 months, no one in the game can make more than a few mil a day. so even assuming you got like 2.5mil a day that would be 150mil in your pocket.
    soooooooo... you sure you didn't see money bags falling from the sky? like 4 hours worth of them?

cerebus23 and -Tj- like this.
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Idk.. will make a print screen later.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    careful giving out cash in gtv5 they have "hacker" issues and you can get your or other peoples accounts banned giving large amounts of cash. i think they just flag over a certain amount to check much like the USG.

if i played i would take some though i do not give a toss getting banned over something i do not play but if i had tons of cash i would buy everything just to buy it log out, i can get a trainer to do that though if were so bothered about it.