NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 TI SUPER is not going to happen soon (if at all)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Rtx Titan is the 2080ti super.

geogan likes this.
  3. chocoaddict

chocoaddict Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Trio
    They just need to cut off memory from titan rtx to 11gb, then they’ll get 2080 ti super. Lol

Seriously though, they won’t bother preparing new sku, they just wait until amd makes next move after radeon vii.

4. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Its still coming mark my words 100% even before xmas.

5. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    Wonder if they're struggling to shift their existing stock of TU102 chips

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This.

7. kings

kings Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti / RX 580
    Seems logical to me.

Why launch a refresh of a card that does not have any type of competition?

It is already the fastest card in the market by a large margin. The biggest problem is not the performance, but the price.

DLG likes this.
  8. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    well if amd produce a navi card around 2080ti performance without rtx around the price of the 2080 nvidia will have to answer, because that 5700xt is about the 1080ti performance and its about 520 $ so if they come out with such a card at around 800 $ cnd, it is a sure buy for me, i couldnt care less about rtx, its extra fee for no use or barely no use at all, i wanna enjoy my 2k screen 165 hz, i dont need crippling rtx tech

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    ^ yep, only way its going to happen is if AMD comes up with something that gets close to or rivals the Ti.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I am pretty sure there WILL be a RTX 2080 Ti Super at some point but, obviously, NVIDIA don't won't to diminish sales of their current £1,100+ RTX 2080 Ti cards by confirming a new one is coming out. At that price, you'd be mad to buy one if you knew that an improved, faster model was coming out that could possibly be cheaper as well.

Maybe NVIDIA are denying its existence because it'll be called the RTX 2180 Ti instead? lol

11. SDEagle

SDEagle Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 SLI
    HH, or anyone know when the NDA will be lifted for RTX 2080 Super reviews? I know its releasing on 23rd of this month, but was hoping the reviews would drop today.

12. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I doubt it. I would imagine the 2080 Ti successor (call it 3080 or whatever) will be the first die-shrunk Turing - or Ampere or whatever you want to call it - card to be released and likely isn't that far away and there isn't really any pressure from AMD in that segment either and big Navi should be a good bit away still.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  13. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Can we hope for a 2080 Ti Super Ti then? ;)

14. rburks

rburks Member

This seems to fall in line with what most YouTube reviewers are saying. Basically that, the Super models ARE the new Ti models, just with a new name. The only thing about the 2080 Super that doesn't fit that slot is the VRAM still being 8gb instead of 11gb. The XX80 Ti model always had 11GB, leaving the Titan to add that extra 1GB for more memory bandwidth. It looked like the 2080 Ti became the new Titan, as far as price was concerned (but not VRAM.) The 2080 Ti will remain the supreme king for now, until they release the next Titan, if they even do that.

15. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    "No plans" is a historical, 100% non-answer.

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    What Nvidia isn't going to compete with itself? Joking of course they won't since AMD has nothing close to the 2080 ti. Now if AMD pulls a rabbit out of a hat and lands big Navi sooner than later then maybe but other than that I cant see any logical reason.

17. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    RTX 2080ti super for 3k EUR.

18. kieron fleming

kieron fleming Member

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    It will happen its just nvidia's way of getting people to pull the trigger early and buy the 2080 super instead of waiting for the 2080 ti super and because we all want the best we will buy the 2080 super then sell the 2080 super and buy the 2080 ti super when its released they've pulling that tricks for years now.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  19. spine

spine Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan Xp CE + EK WB
    If the RTX Titan weren't priced so high, I could see them making a Star Wars Edition Titan with faster memory or something for Christmas. But I highly doubt it. The 2080tis aren't exactly flying off the selves anymore as far as I'm aware, and super edition would only antagonise that.

20. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    What $500 1080ti? The cheapest 1080ti available is still $900, most going for over $1000... While the lowly 2070 super beats it in most games for less than half the price...

alanm likes this.