Navi RDNA Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jun 11, 2019.

1. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    No need to wait for AIB. Especially if you happen to have any cooler AIB, AIO, water block, or person modded ones that fit a R9 290, 390, RX 480 or RX 580. Almost all these will be just bolt on as has and is being demoed in various vids and other threads.

2. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Remember this is a work and progress and was to just demo so far what could be done and how far they pushed it. As always it will need refinement and every gpu is different as well as to what power play settings it can take.

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    For now is not avaible for DX11.x
    Try some DX9/10 or DX12/VLK Game.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Oh ofcourse, i totally forgot, yea i have a DX11 game running so that's why. :p

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Test some dx12/vulkan games and let us know what you think. Maybe show us some comparison. :)

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    On other hand, DX11 would be most welcome since that's where most of current games are. I could definitely appreciate DX11 and I hope AMD works on it some more.

Maddness and signex like this.
  7. nikobellic

nikobellic Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 480 8GB OC
    I asked Mickey from AMD Radeon community team about the DX11 support for RIS, and he said the following, source.

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    For England (at AMD GB)

[​IMG]

9. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    OP Updated:

Arctic Cooling confirms cooler compatibility with AMD's Radeon RX 5700 series

Need an aftermarket cooler for your new Radeon RX 5700 or RX 5700 XT? Arctic Cooling appears to have some products for you, having confirmed compatibility with the bulk of their Accelero series of aftermarket GPU heatsinks.

So why would you want to install an aftermarket cooler on your RX 5700 series graphics card? The answer is simple, better thermals and higher overclocking headroom.
    At stock, these Navi GPUs can run a little hot, and at this time it looks like aftermarket Navi cards from the likes of MSI, ASUS, ASRock and Sapphire are still a month or more away from release.

[​IMG]

Today, if you are in the market for a Radeon Navi graphics card with an aftermarket cooler, your options are to purchase your own aftermarket cooler, such as the compatible
    Accelero series coolers listed below, or in the form of other aftermarket coolers like EK's recently announced RX 5700 series water block.

[​IMG]

Arctic Cooling's Accelero lineup of GPU coolers are available to purchase via the company's website or via a multitude of online retailers.
    Arctic Cooling's Accelero Xtreme IV is currently available for £45 at Amazon UK. This is much cheaper than the cooler's £63.99 pricing on Arctic's official website.
    e likes of MSI, ASUS, ASRock and Sapphire are still a month or more away from release.

Jackalito, Maddness and signex like this.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  12. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    I linked it here as I ran across it on r/Amd, Have no intention of using it :)

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Funny i was actually looking at tho's Arctic coolers not long ago. :D

Thanks for posting, i might get one.

I have some issues, i'm not sure if it's anything concerning or not, i get flickering artifacts in the top left corner of my screen.
    Sometimes it goes away, and it seems to be random i think.

OnnA likes this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Report to the AMD.com
    Be :cool:

15. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Just rename it to FidelityFX_CAS.fx after you copy pasted teh RAW message into your editor of choice.. After that you should have 3 Files, one FX file and the other 2 files from AMD, the

ffx_a.h
    and the
    ffx_cas.h

Files, these 3 files you just drop in your shader folder of your reshade, done ;)

anyway, McFly also had a go at it in an rather fast time. He is using it different.
    Only ONE FX file..
    --> https://reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/5577-new-contrast-adaptive-sharpening-from-amd#34951

for the ones missed teh link... McFly´s CAS Shader --> pastebin.com/iUmDXTVP

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Jackalito and OnnA like this.

16. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    ...who would buy right now and NOT wait for 3rd party? The fact NO ONE thinks agrees how AMD still keeps using ONE fan.. so its a leaf blower and LOUD. And then pay MORE for a different cooler. Why not post the different one's ..some are cheaper..

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Thx @BetA

Maby there is a way to implement this into Reshade 2.0.3?

18. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Well I will not be able to contribute until Monday now, woke up to an email stating I had a new delivery date.

19. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    I have one. And on the Rx 480 is a monster. 60c temp with 1.3v running on it. Will get a navy for sure to put that on

20. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64