Review: AMD Radeon RX 5700 and 5700 XT

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    LOL

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Theres no LOL about it, AMD still hasn't gotten basic WDDM features such as dx11 driver command lists and dx11 multithreading, so a good number of titles today are going to be inferior on AMD graphics cards, with more cases of inconsistent frame times, and drawcall contention frame drops.

People must be fully aware of their choices when they are playing the morality card on a future purchase.

and basing it on Antilag, a technology that is a numbers only mind-trick (you don't feel it in actual game play) is stupid.

warlord likes this.
  3. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    OK Novidia salesperson :D I keep it in mind

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You know those stupid nicknames you come up with make you look it.

AMD should reimplement their directx11 and opengl support so they are actually all-around competitive instead of just being dx12 and vulkan devices.

I await your counter argument that actually has a basis of substance and relevance.

warlord likes this.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I am personally happy w/o even testing it. As this "placebo" works wonders for people who tested it in competitive fps games around :D
    (Since release, I did not even have time to play any games.)

6. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Why that? I'll take a deep breath and have a good day instead, but you feel free to fight your GPU wars! It will surely gain you fame and sense of pride and accomplishment!

Oh you want to feel good about something? Here:
    Novidia > AMD.

Huzzah! :D

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Now now, it's slower then 2080 super for sure. But why so hostile. Also driver side ui AMD has nvidia beat and there is no geforce experience gladly.

Also if one wants to use Linux AMD is better hands down.

HandR likes this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You're unable to provide valid critique you stoop to stupid nicknames, while pretending you aren't actually a amd fanboy.

AMD will get my attention, when they can perform all around and not just on the two mostly unused graphics api's.

ah, the UX vs Usability argument that killed Firefox, one day you'll get over your need for graphics and see the functionality lack of is being masked by a shiny plastic cover.

warlord likes this.
  9. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Sorry, it took me a while to realize you were joking after all! My bad XD

You too have a great day, @Astyanax

P.S. And it's true! My Novidia GTX970 -0.5GB and 2500K are greatest example of me being an AMD fanboy! Totally shed a tear on Witcher 3 benchmarks

T______________________T

moo100times likes this.
  10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    With all due respect, pointless GPUs, since console's plebeian race Xbox Scarlett is gonna destroy them by having RDNA 2.0 with Raytracing support. Nvidia it is for 2019 then. It is only for those who cannot continue living by not upgrading NOW.

11. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    AMD and Firefox are fine, what a load of hogwash.

platypus and moo100times like this.
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is what ignorance looks like.

Firefox is an underwhelming chrome clone as of the dropping of XUL core extensions, and AMD can't render many applications as efficiently as nvidia.

AMD fanbois cry hard when reminded that their worship target is lacking in various points, then scramble for strawman arguments such as "but that isn't used as much"

as though dx12 and vulkan are used much more, Atleast nvidia has an all around performance basis and makes use of as much as the available system as possible.

Scarlett will be interesting, it won't be an nvidia killer though, if anything it'll bring them in reach of nvidia's Ti parts.

and then nvidia will move to chiplet gpu's.....

Oh...

Reminder: It's not that AMD / Nvidia is better/worse at D3D12 or Vulkan, its the fact both of these must be optimised per architecture, and most game studio's are lazy and go with a good-enough implementation.

oh, and FYI,
    It's not that Time spy is optimized for nvidia, its the fact AMD suffers when async compute is NOT optimized specifically for their parts (its a bare bones implementation with no real architecture targetting at all)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    warlord likes this.
  13. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Just LOL.

Offtopic for mods... when and how did this kind of people get into G3D forums?

platypus likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This isn't your safe space, never has been.

if you can't handle opposing views which are founded in reality, maybe the amd forums are better for you, since those are an echo chamber where everyone has to agree with you.

Will say it again, when AMD have DirectX11 implemented properly and port back their multithreaded opengl client to windows from linux, they'll deserve a real look at.

warlord likes this.
  15. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Oh sir, i do like opposing views and getting all the info I can from this forum, thats why i read more than i post.

But i cant stand arrogant fucks like you, you CAN NOT say other people what they want to buy and if you plan on advising someone about a piece of hardware, get down of your holy altar, take your arrogance up your ass and then start typing.

PS: Now mods can put an infraction on me LUL

platypus, Evildead666 and moo100times like this.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yes, being realistic about matters sure looks like arrogance when the receiver is purely ignorant about such things.

Maybe raise yourself from the basement of the unknowing instead of trying to drag everyone else towards it.

oh, and yes, i can say what i like about peoples purchase decisions when their claimed basis for the decision is vacuous and lacking of any relative foundation.

I never told him not to buy it though, just to enjoy the inferior experience.

Have a nice day.

warlord likes this.
  17. Richard Nutman

Richard Nutman Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7800XT
    Why would AMD waste time re-implementing DX11 when it's on it's way out, and their performance is good enough anyway.

moo100times likes this.
  18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Did people threw their Pascals to garbage because Turing had HW support for DX-R? 4 games in 10 months or so did barely made anyone interested.
    Even if AMD delivers five times the raytracing capability of 2080Ti to consoles, it will take many years before raytracing becomes regular part of games.
    And by then there will be yet another generation or two.

carnivore, HandR, Evildead666 and 3 others like this.
  19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Sorry but paying twice the amount of money for essentially 15-25% more performance is dumb. the 2080S is going to be priced higher than what I paid for my 1080ti 2 years ago and barely 15% faster.

As a fellow 1080ti user you can not honestly claim the RTX 2080/2080s is a reasonable deal.

platypus, carnivore, D3M1G0D and 2 others like this.
  20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Pascal dominated and existed long enough before Turing, whoever had collected the money it was an easy step up, sell and buy. Now, you already know that Navi is in test phase even before launch with the full chip going to consoles in 2020. I cannot justify that purchase at the moment. With the price of two 5700 (non XT) cards you take a stronger full pc-alike system in one year's time. Navi and Zen2 are solutions for desperate upgrades.