Intel 10th Gen Core "Comet Lake" Processor Lineup Revealed Incl. Prices and Specs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    TeX_UK and Fox2232 like this.
  2. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Competition is a great thing, and it's nice to see Intel stepping it up. Prices don't seem horrible either, so a pleasant surprise. However, I'm disappointed that it won't have PCIe 4.0.

schmidtbag and Ricepudding like this.
  3. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

Any idea when these are set to be released? i am assuming this year, but any kinda semi eta?

That said, these do look amazing, 3200mhz as standard... 5.2 one core, 4.6 all core with 10 cores in crazy... that said, 105w doesn't seem right even for the base clock haha... i do love competition though, might still be on quad core at this stage haha!

Making me wanna set up a new PC to buy even though my one is still so new D:

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Intel still lack cores/threads compared to amd. It will be interesting if there is any ipc improvement, that 14++++++++++ is milked to hell.

Zen3 with 3-4smt per core will smash it to bits.

Mesab67 and angelgraves13 like this.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    While it is good that AMD enables people to PCIe 4.0 option. For intel, it is not an "option" in meaning of the word. It would be:
    "Wanna new CPU, get PCIe 4.0 board." And that would mean enforcing price bump similar to X570.
    Resulting in situation where any price reduction on CPU side would end up being sunk in MB instead... therefore no improvement of performance per $.

Kaarme likes this.
  6. DrHansGruber

DrHansGruber Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700 XT
    Thank you AMD!
    Interesting to note that the i9 10-cores don't have iGPUs, so they are probably a i9-9900X.

7. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    another skylake rehash, requiring a new board, again... good one intel

8. suyac

suyac Guest

GPU:
    6870 pcs+
    So they needed 8 more pins in the new socket. Makes sense.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    HT for all what was an i7 three years ago is now and i3.

But a new socket.

Prices are good.
    If I’m reading the slide correctly the inter connect to the south bridge is being upped from 4 lanes to 12. That may be the extra 8 pins.

airbud7 and schmidtbag like this.
  10. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah seems to be there F edition, which takes out the igpu for a lower cost... which personally for me is great, why would i want to pay for a igpu when i got a Dgpu, id rather save 50 quid or whatever it would be

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Imagine if amd went under and there was no competition i can bet we would still have 4c/8t 10700k for 400$.

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Another new socket eh?

Mesab67 and angelgraves13 like this.
  13. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    They make a new mobo a requirement, but didn't even bother to give PCIe 4.0. I suspect they also didn't bother to patch the security flaws in hardware. If they had done that, they would have also made it PCIe 4.0 compatible while they were at it, since they would have needed to alter the silicon anyway. I also suspect Intel would have found a way to do it without a chipset fan.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Not necessarily. They could have hardware based solutions to the security flaws and still not update to PCI4.0. Intel may not want to switch to 4.0 yet as they can keep motherboard prices low to combat AMD’s value at CPU. I see it as a calculated move that has some risk.

airbud7 likes this.
  15. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    5th gen Broadwell : 14nm
    6th gen Skylake : 14nm+
    7th gen Kaby Lake : 14nm++
    8th gen Coffee Lake : 14nm+++
    9th gen Coffee Lake : 14nm++++
    10th gen Comet Lake : 14nm+++++

14nm is hella of a drug.

16. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    [​IMG]

It'd be ironic if this turned out to be a 4chan slide. It looks so fake. Just look at the CPU naming. 10100? 10300? Trying to pronounce it is troublesome.

You'd think for intel's 10th generation of CPUs, they'd come up with a better naming scheme, just to make it something special and worthwhile.

The sheer fact that the $ sign for the pricing is at the end of the amount also makes me question the legitimacy of this chart.

14nm+++ sounds like a dank meme.

If intel is going to bump up memory speed for Core i3 CPUs, it's going to be around 2666 MHz, or 3000 MHz. 2933 MHz? Nope. Doesn't sound right.

The fact that this leak came out just on the eve of AMD's superb Zen 2 or Ryzen 3000 series launch also raises some eyebrows.

People should remember that a 4Chan trolling previously took place with AMD's second gen Ryzen launch, some tech media/press actually fell for it, like KitGuru.

17. neikosr0x

neikosr0x Active Member

GPU:
    Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333mhz
    Well, finally Intel does push some more. Even prices got a bit better, sadly for intel users they would have to get yet another motherboard. Gen after Gen with intel means new everything.

18. chrislondon

chrislondon Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    This is desperate stuff from Intel.

The 9900KS is supposed to arrive in Q4, so Comet Lake is likely 2020, probably Q2. Comes with a new socket too but no PCIe 4, and 10nm desktop Ice Lake was supposed to come in 2020 too. This raises a few questions:

Will Intel introduce 2 new sockets within 6 months? Motherboard makers would hate this.

Will Comet Lake and Ice Lake use the same socket? So no PCIE 4/5 for Ice Lake?

Or will there be no desktop Ice Lake in 2020 at all? So in 2021 10nm Ice Lake will have to fight 5nm Ryzen 4? Good luck with that.

Ricardo likes this.
  19. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I hope you right, I'd rather see Ice Lake.

20. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Yes, we should all take this with a mountain of salt - if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is.

HitokiriX likes this.