Download: Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.7.1 driver - Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Tadeo, Jul 7, 2019.

1. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Yes it works with freesync. I cannot say it works enhanced it is chill it does not work with.

What are you requesting? Please explain.

We wish we had a clearer explanation and how it all works but we do not.

2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I've been using RTSS Frametime History Overlay to see if it picked up on any difference with it enabled vs disabled. Since this is new to me I wasn't sure if it's even "compatible" or not.
    If not would Radeon Team implement some sort of OSD line graph in the future to show that Anti-Lag is actually working?
    Right now, I can only go on "feeling" but nothing else (Yes, I do get the audio toggle that its on). I'm not sure if Anti-Lag On is real or placebo.

Edit:
    I've been testing this Blackops 4 MP.
    I seem to be melting players a bit more but since the lobbies are so random I could be matched up with players that are less skilled. So it's hard to stay if I'm actually improved or not.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  3. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Sorry no info I can give, And I really mean it...it should work fine with freesync but can neiher (sp?) confirm or deny

4. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Fair enough. Thanks
    If you could pass along a suggestion would be great: Requesting some sort of OSD indicator that shows the benefit of Anti-Lag.
    Similar to RTSS OSD line graph, numeric value, etc. So when enabled vs disabled we can see the difference while gaming.
    Thanks.

-----------------
    Edit

I do have a few questions about Anti Lag
    1. Is it best to cap frame rates 60/120/144?
    2. Should we change flipqueue size from 3 to 1?
    3. Does this work best on AMD CPU's? Any difference with Intel CPUs?
    4. Does one need a minimal DDR4? (IE: DDR4 3000Mhz)
    5. Does this work best for monitors that have less then 1 second latency? What about mouse and keyboards? I've read that some mouse have a lot of latency (Zowie, for example).

I've found this video that has greatly helped me understand this.

Start at 22:55

Cliffs
    RTG reduced latency in the driver stack.

It prevents the CPU from being ahead, waiting for the GPU.
    It optimizes the CPU so that it stays in sync to feed the GPU.
    AMD Anti-Lag is 7ms-17ms better then Nvidia drivers.

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software-anti-lag

Thadeus and OnnA like this.

5. Freaker1

Freaker1 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580
    After installing 19.7.1 (Windows 7 -64-Bit Edition) this appeared in the Device Manager.

[​IMG]

Does anybody know what it is?

6. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    Hmm, maybe this is the spyware keeping the GPU idle clocks elevated.. but this is just my guess.. since there is still no official statement about this unexplained GPU activity (when idle)

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    For competitive FPPS use -> Enchanced Sync + FRT (or RTSS) up to Monitor FreeSync + Anti-Lag (or You can go Higher that that and use up to 120-144Hz)
    For other Adventure Games -> Enchanced Sync + Chill and FRT.

I have Freesync at 30-74Hz (using 71Hz w/10Bit now, 74Hz is in 8Bit)
    When using Chill im using: 62 up to 65 at Low and Upper limit at 71FPS (65-71 Chill).

Yes, Anti-Lag working with FreeSync flawlessly.
    ATI have #Bettered Chill in 19.7.1 now it's working even better than before.

8. Sugiharto

Sugiharto Guest

Get the same problem with my RX 590, i tried upgrade and clean install not working. Clean install stuck at detecting my hardware, try with custom install is still stuck at searching for new driver even conected to network . I tried upgrade from previous driver after restart computer still remains the same version. Sigh

9. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
  10. Poisson

Poisson Member

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    I see the same problem, upgrade and clean install are not working for my 590. But using a 580 bios for it intallation is working. As I have two bioses, I have one 580 bios and the 590 stock one. In olther drivers after the instalation I can switch between them without problems, but now with the 590 bios it says it is not an AMD gpu.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

Radeon Anti-Lag - short summary

The new AMD feature made a very good impression on the first test. Apart from the specific constellation Battlefield 5 under DX11 including deactivated Future Frame Rendering,
    we were able to detect significant improvements when the option was activated - objectively in the measurements as well as subjectively with the hand on the mouse.
    The latter is particularly noticeable in a direct comparison and certainly not every player will notice the reduced latzenz clearly. Basically, there should also be advantages for the reaction time if you can not find any big differences.
    But of course Anti-Lag is especially interesting for passionate online gamers and speed-obsessed shooter fans.
    It is somewhat regrettable, however, that anti-lag works only with Direct X 11 and Direct X 9 and the latter, moreover, only with the new Navi GPUs.
    While there are still plenty of DX11 titles, in the future these will probably be rarer when developers switch to DX12 or volcano. The benefits of Anti-Lag will likely decrease slowly if AMD does not provide support for these new APIs.

12. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Btw. I wonder who would play Division 2 over DX11, especially with RX 5700(XT) :p
    There is also an in-game option for Enable Reduced Latency (both for DX11/12).

OnnA likes this.
  13. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Hey guys I tried Anti-lag in a DX9 game (Prime World) that needs Vsync enabled (Freesync doesn't seem to work properly in this game, well, no tearing but lag spikes feel laggy still) because disabling it causes issues with the camera movement and it felt like it just made the game lagg more when FPS drops below 70 (I'm using a 75hz monitor).
    That said, I enabled it in an OpenGL game (Runescape 3) and felt a noticeable reduction in input-lag but according to AMD it only works in DX9 and DX11???

EDIT: As others have pointed out, there's an annoying beep when it is enabled when launching a game which doesn't happen in Runescape 3 (OGL) so the improvements are likely from the driver alone rather than Anti-lag.

14. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Seren : I don't get any beeps, just disable Sound Scheme under Sound > Sound Control Panel > Sounds

15. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Anti-lag deep dive by AMD

16. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Is there a way to benefit from the new features without having to install radeon settings?

Strange Times likes this.
  17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    We Need Cliff Notes here:
    @5:50 Anti Lag
    @6:21 YOU MUST BE GPU LIMITED
    @6:59 Esports Situations: If you enable more IQ settings were you strain the GPU or if the GPU is already strain...this is where Anti Lag really kicks in.
    @7:46 Frames are Metered. It reduces any queued requests from the CPU to GPU.
    @9:46 Explains how it's done. Hmm, there is no OSD way to show it at this time

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Undying, Jackalito and OnnA like this.
  18. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    I don't want to disable all sounds, which one do I need to disable specifically?

Hmm... Well that would be why I don't see any difference in Prime World since my CPU is choking on the single-threaded engine. But that makes me wonder, if the game is CPU limited, would enabling anti-lag cause more lag than not like I was seeing?

19. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Can't you up resolution scaling? That's the best way to do it IMO.

20. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    @Eastcoasthandle I had just gotten the video links. I have another that well...I am not even sure of what she is saying. But the one I posted is a very deep dive. But yeah we need something with more clarity, that is not so technical. It is being addressed. So for now this is all we have.

Also keep in mind that you cannot use Chill and Anti-lag together as they are both using some of the same things to make them work. You have to choose. They are mutually exclusive. This is intended as I just learned a bit ago.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.