AMD Ryzen 7 3700X & Ryzen 9 3900X review with benchmarks leaks out

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    You really have no idea what you are talking about do you ?
    The streaming example was to point out he difference between 8 and 12 core CPU's.

2. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    One could also argue that 720p was chosen to make sure it fits in the 9900k cache.
    Ryzen 3xxx does have a much larger L3 cache, but it won't help in 720p.
    Do you really think this leak is accidental ? Just look at the timing of it.
    I'm really looking forward to Sunday and higher resolution gaming results.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  3. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    In CS:GO the new Ryzen 3xxx does really well @ 1080p (better than 9900k) due to the L3 cache.
    I'm sorry but you need to look again.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  4. Zippozippo

Zippozippo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Used to be Intel fanboy,until they gave me 4 core for like... forever...
    Even stupid people mustve realized after being duped for so long.
    Thank AMD, IF not for Ryzen, 8700K and 9900K wouldve still be 4 cores,probably 10900K and 11900K as well. XD

5. oldtek_mqs

oldtek_mqs Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I guess AMD will still suck in gaming with even Zen 2. I guess their IPC has increased but games are still need to be optimized for their CPU. Also latency wise intel is still better than AMD imho which makes intel still the gaming king. I can confirm that since I moved from 8700k to 2600X few months ago for price to performance reason and I was gaming at 1440p with a 1080ti which I thought will not be an issue with either amd or intel. But I have to admit, games ran much fluid in the Intel system, much less dip in FPS and fluid experience with intel than AMD. I am not sure if I did not optimize my amd system (was running 4.1 GhZ overclock all cores in amd, 3200 Mhz, CL16 ram timing), but will wait for official zen 2 review to change my mind I guess.

Witcher29 likes this.
  6. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-heavy-rain-pc-tech-analysis

This is a good example, on Ryzen vs Intel, there is a 30-45fps decrease on Ryzen. Watch the video starting at 6minutes in.

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    So you're linking to a game with an issue and you're blaming that on AMD?

So, when a game has a problem with an Intel processor i should blame it on intel? Not the game developer?

Good......job?

Nice first troll post. Are you a 2nd account for jwb1? It's nice that you ended it with "will wait for official zen 2 review", that's a nice touch. But literally, your first post here comes out with "I guess AMD will still suck in gaming with even Zen 2." on a leaked benchmark of 720p while you claim to be on 1440p.....

As well as make statements such as "But I have to admit, games ran much fluid in the Intel system, much less dip in FPS and fluid experience with intel than AMD. " as most reviewers have stated otherwise, i say most, because not all of them talk about the dips and fluidness....But hey! good first post!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    carnivore likes this.
  8. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    I'm pointing out the fact Ryzen more so than Intel has issues with games. You can point the blame game all you want, but the fact is, Intel plays better with the majority of games.

9. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Figures a Trump supporter would bring up politics here. Go away.

10. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
  11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Intel has had the same architecture for many, many years. Yes, this makes them easy, when intel releases a brand new architecture that is majorly different then their current one, they will have similar issues, as it always has been.

And again, this is on the developers, especially now, especially with heavy rain. Don't just let the developers off easy simply because YOU want to make AMD look bad. When it starts happening to intel, will you be so "well, it's intels problem"?

12. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    A big part of this thread/discussion is the benchmarks in games, my friend. And how it continues to show despite AMDs best efforts, Intel continues after many years and generations to dominate. Yet, isn't it funny how the only leaks, most likely from AMD were simply showing syntehic benchmarks and heavily threaded applications. When it comes to real world, as much as I welcome competition, Intel has more performance still. And more people buy these mainstream CPUs for gaming, not Cinebench. Fact.

Witcher29 likes this.

13. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    This thread is about Zen 2 and benchmarks in games, not 2 year old tech. You just like bringing up whatever you can find to try, unsuccessfully, to make AMD look bad, because you're paid by intel.

HandR and mohiuddin like this.
  14. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    I'm not paid by anyone. I've built AMD and Intel systems for the past 20 years. But keep going on assuming, it just makes you look more absurd.

15. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    hey they sell the most (sport cars), while having the lowest number of issues on the market (56 out 100 cars),
    when the best asian brands have +80.
    they must be doing something right.

on a personal note, i dont know anyone that ever drove a porsche (themselves) and doesnt own/owned one.
    vs other cars its comparing a (surgical) knife, vs an axe..

16. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Have you looked at your own post history?

You sound like a religious nutjob praising intel your overlord.

Just for clarification, i'm not saying anyone who is religious is a nutjob, i'm religious, but there are definitely religious nutjobs out there, and i'm starting to wonder if there's some backwater intel cult.

carnivore, Solfaur and mohiuddin like this.
  17. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    All this hype about the new AMD and it gets smoked... Very underwhelming. At least its cheap and has cores for days for whoever needs them.

ps: Intel is at default and 2666 mhz ram... Imagine when they overclock these two. Intel will be way ahead of it.

18. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Everyone here needs a diaper change. This may be the largest fanboy, take sides, forum I have ever seen. Better than Reddit where they censor though. Carry on...

0blivious, Tarkan2467 and bballfreak6 like this.
  19. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    I don't buy into fanboy's like yourself or AMD marketing. I call them out, always. AMD has a history of spoon feeding hype to people and they always have some cavet that disappoints. I would just appreciate they and their fans simply be honest with what they are. A budget choice in both CPU and GPU market. Just accept who you are, and don't create this false narrative of the evil Intel / nVidia overloads who are the enemy. All these companies want money. Intel is in the great position that they are because AMD for the longest while before Ryzen was doing terrible. Just face facts. It wasn't evil Intel. Just look at how AMD had to drop the price of NAVI before release, because guess what they were charging more than what made sense for what their product is now that nVidia responded so quick. AMD fans cannot even accept that, instead now the story is oh well AMD was never going to price them that way to begin with, they were just pretending. This is utter bullshit.

I have no allegiance to any brand. AMD is doing better than they were. And I'll switch to whoever at the time has the best single AND multi threaded performance in real world results. Not Geekbench or Cinebench.

20. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    I have to say though, all the years I've been on this forum this is probably the worst I've ever seen. Especially with all the new accounts popping up out of nowhere straight into trolling AMD it actually is making me think that maybe they really are Intel paid shills.

carnivore, 0blivious and Tarkan2467 like this.
  21. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    So it's ok for me to compare a 4790k against a 3600X then ?
    How do you explain the Assains Creed Origins result ?
    Synthetic benchmarks ? Did you completely miss E3 ?
    AMD did well to show wins and losses in games at 1080p at E3 running on
    un-patched windows 10 systems as to not hamper Intel CPU's
    (since they know some reviewers will run un-patched to make Intel look better)
    It baffles me how you conclude anything based on 4 games running at 720p,
    when you know there are other games out there which will show different results.
    But as I said earlier, I can't wait until Sunday to get some 1080p, 1440p and 4K gaming results.
    When I upgrade my 2700X it will be a noticeable upgrade in performance on all fronts.

HandR likes this.
  22. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    I just find it funny all the owners of the AMD 2700X, and their logic for upgrading to a AMD 3000... You guys were saying these 2700X were plenty for gaming when it was compared to 9900K back then and nobody needs more powerful processor... Now AMD releases a marginally better CPU and all of a sudden "i can't wait to upgrade my 2700X" and:

23. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm sorry are you talking to or about...no one?

People who say an RX 580 is good enough for 1080p gaming are still interested in an RX 5700/XT, should they also be told that they were effectively lying as you are trying to imply?

People like to upgrade, it's simple as that. If you have a 9900k, and you say that's good enough for you, should we scrutinize you for wanting to upgrade to whatever intel has next?

When did people stop caring about advancements in technology simply because they made decisions based off cost and performance? I'm sorry, where's your logic?

mohiuddin and 0blivious like this.