Radeon RX 5700 series review leaks out at Polish website

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Richard Nutman

Richard Nutman Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7800XT
    I'm more interested in noise/heat. Aggressive pricing can make these cards very attractive.

2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Why even use it? Clean your driver beforehand.

airbud7, oxidized and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    7900 XTX
    It seems somewhat confirmed AMD has lowered the prices to $349 and $399 before launch of the 5700 and 5700XT respectively, these cards might just be very interesting after all.

4. sarsar

sarsar Guest

But AMD has that lag thing now and look at the power, it's lower now. Is that a selling point people buying Nvidia made?
    And you would play Tomb Rider at 1080p just to enable RTX?

5. slicer

slicer Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
  6. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    A permanent price drop? Or similar to past AMD launches and over sometime after reviews come out?

7. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    So they basically admit that the prices were inflated and with "a little help" from nvidia they drop the prices now...
    Mind you nvidia uses the same questionable tactics but now thanks to competition on GPU market I think that it will be an interesting year at last and lighter on our wallets.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  8. slicer

slicer Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    Yes, permanent price drop. This should also be announced to the reviwers so they value the price perf ratio right.

But as always, I imagine AMD has more room to make some back to school prices at some point with further -30usd or so price cuts.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    GCN != RDNA
    GCN => Shader heavy workloads + compute
    RDNA => Good scheduling/concurrency
    Mind this: 2070 Super is based on 13.6B transistor GPU, RX 5700 (XT) is based on 10.3B transistor GPU.
    If you expect price war... I would not, because nVidia knows that next time around, they'll be making 7nm GPUs too. And any pain they'll cause to AMD will fall upon them right after.

Neither have really good reason to reduce price... Good reason is that GPUs will not sell. But now, they are not even here. No data about good/bad sales will take effect for few weeks. And even then, 1st few weeks will be good for both sides.

10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Nice performance from both cards and explains why Nvidia had to release the Super versions to counter them. And with the price drops they seem well positioned to steal some sales from Nvidia.

11. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    You have a link regarding it is permanent?

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Did Navi cards actually used less power than rtx super? Wow world is coming to an end! :D

If price drop is real im looking at RX5700 is my next card.

HWgeek likes this.
  13. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    OMG - so Jensen got Baited? ROFL!.
    Looks like the RX 5700 will be the best VFM after small OC that will offer RTX 2070~2070Super performance with AIB models, It's a;mos same as 5700XT just will little less shaders, tiny OC can close the gap.

Undying likes this.
  14. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Turing GPUs are large exactly for the reason you mentioned, transistor count compared to Navi is considerably lower, especially in the non-Super version. I'm not sure they'll be able to adopt the same structure Zen has, these are 2 completely different worlds, maybe they can develop the next generation more like Zen, but i doubt they'll ever be the same, or almost the same, and i also doubt the negligible latency "problems" Zen still has would be as negligible on a GPU architecture. Anyway these cards give AMD a possibility to compete, and that's good.

13.6 Billions of which something like 30-40% are RT and other stuff, so it leaves you with 8-9 Billions which is still lower than the 5700, and give same or superior performance. Besides none of these are 1080p videocards, if you buy these and use them at 1080p you've wasted your money.

15. kings

kings Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti / RX 580
    Well, it would be humiliating for AMD if its 7nm 250mm chips consumed more power than Nvidia's 12nm 445mm and 545mm chips.

It's hardly something to be bragged about!

Undying likes this.

16. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Thought everyone knew that the TDP on the 2070S is 215W, 25% up from the 2070 175W. :D
    Oh forgot, that's something completely missed on most reviews......

Undying likes this.
  17. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Also apparently AMD might be lowering their prices at launch, go check the website that starts with a V and ends with a Z yellow themed.

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 175W
    Shame they left the Vega 56 out, but looks like not a worthy upgrade over the Vega 56. I'll keep it for another generation.

19. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Me, I'm just glad the mining craze is over with. In a year or so, when these new cards hit the used market, I can buy without worrying that it's been in use (abused) 24/7 for the past year.

This GPU pricing is becoming similar to buying a new car. I'd just assume be the 2nd owner of a slightly used variant. I game a LOT less than i used to anyways and I really can't justify spending so much any more. I think I've gamed a total of about 9 minutes the past two weeks.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Vega64 is there and pretty much beaten by both super rtx and navi cards. I think thats impressive. Also, when did you get V56? I though you have 1070.