Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp ISSUES [03-July-19]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Caesar, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Most popular (top) social media apps have crashed for users across Europe and USA.

Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp, all run by the same company, are having problems this afternoon.
    There, files appear to be running into problems sending – meaning that photos, videos and voice messages won't show up properly.

82% of those who reported problems with Instagram said the issue was with the news feed, 11% with the website, and 6% with log-in.

"Facebook" owns the three sites.
    :- Get well Soon

[​IMG]

At this point, it's unclear what might be causing the issue. In March, Facebook experienced a massive outage, supposedly due to a server configuration change. A month later, Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp experienced another outage.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Working fine for me, in the US.

Then again the title of this thread seems a little misleading, as the content doesn't state it's down, it states certain features may be having issues, which isn't the same thing as facebook, for instance, being "down"

But either way, in the USA for me, i'm not having any issues with facebook or any photos appearing either on my own page or friends pages so if this is an actual issue it's not universal.

Caesar likes this.
  3. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    EDIT:
    Facebook said earlier today it was aware of the issues and was “working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.” It blamed the outage on an error that was triggered during a “routine maintenance operation.”

As of 7:49PM ET, Facebook posted a message to its official Twitter account saying the “issue has since been resolved and we should be back at 100 percent for everyone. We’re sorry for any inconvenience.” Instagram similarly said its issues were more or less resolved, too.

4. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    [​IMG]

KissSh0t likes this.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    pffftt.. plebeians, looking at cute animals doing cute things on imgur is where it's at.

6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    They could stay down, if I'm being honest. Twitter could follow suit.

7. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    But.... ,but my instagram influenza! I mean Influencers...

emperorsfist likes this.
  8. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Oh, yeah, I forgot... Also don't forget putting an overlay in the flag colours of a country where a tragedy had struck.

9. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    CIA had an outage you mean.

Valken likes this.