Review: GeForce RTX 2060 and 2070 SUPER Founders edition

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It's a new generation of performance at the dollar amount you can pay. You can't sit here and say "You could get the RTX 2070 Super performance for the price of an RTX 2070 non-super card 9 months ago"

Again, this is nothing new, even remotely.

Every time new cards are created, either because they are souped-up versions of what's already released, or brand new, never seen before architectures, will have the whole "but but, i just bought a graphics card 2 months ago, i feel ripped off!" ------ It's nothing new.

GTX 780 and GTX Titan released, 8 1/2 months after the GTX Titan and 5 1/2 months after the GTX 780 released, the 780 ti was released, blowing both of those cards out of the water. For $50 more then a GTX 780, you could get a GPU that was more powerful then the GTX Titan, a $999, $300 more expensive card then the GTX 780 ti. Does that mean you got screwed over if you bought either the 780 or the titan 2 months before the 780 ti release? No, it was your decision to buy either of those cards months after their release. Same situation as now.

Same story could be said about the 980, 980 ti and GTX Titan X. Same story could be said about the 1070 ti, 1080, 1080 ti, titan X (pascal). It's nothing new.

If people don't get the fact that if they wait for 6+ months to buy a GPU that there may be a new GPU within similar, if not same price point, released in the next couple of months, that's their own fault for not paying attention to the past. Sure, you could buy a GPU 6 months after the release, and the next GPU might not release for another 6 months, but there's no guarantee in that, there never has been. Time has proven that idea of expectation to be wrong, time and time again. This is fact, and this is why there is nothing new here.

pharma and alanm like this.
  2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Wrong again^....same generation....would you please read what you post before you post it!!!?

Edit: are you the G3D Straw Man now?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I remember when the GTX 970 was released a year later. A $330 card that was on par with the Titan. :D

Aura89, pharma and airbud7 like this.
  4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Hey the 1060 that I have now blowed me away then when I knew it was faster than a gtx970 @1080p she's still rocking!....My XLR8 1060 ain't no joke at 1080p with a 2600k....perfect match!

how far can my 2600k go @1080p?

5. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Too much drama of being screwed over here. By end of the day, there always something around the corner.
    Having Novidia release something new or drop prices before Navi release could of been predicted.

There no use to blame Novidia over it. Could of waited for Navi anyway.

pats half broken GTX970

fantaskarsef, jbscotchman and airbud7 like this.
  6. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    oh hush sverek!.....you drunk...go to bed....:p

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Apparently you lack the ability to actually read?

Seriously your posts seem like you have half your brain working on them i don't even know why i bother replying to you.

And no, i don't mean that as an insult, it literally is just impossible to talk with you sometimes with your half-written replies, replying to absolutely nothing, and lack of actually reading to what you're replying to.

You said "wrong again, same generation", as though that actually means anything. Did you not read the rest of my post? Obviously not, i showed multiple examples of the "same generation" of GPUs with differently timed released products that take the slot of previous released products.

Again, you can't sit here and say you could buy a 2070 Super performance of a card, 9 months ago, for the price you can buy a 2070 Super now.

Should they have called it a 2070 ti instead? or maybe a 2075? Would that make your half-thought through statements be more relevant to the thread? Just because it's not "named" similarly? That's sad if so.

Don't bother replying if you're not going to have an actual reply about what was actually in my post.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  8. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    No Dude^.....you type 10 paragraphs of bullshit we already know...with a straw man attached to everything you say.........

9. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Well, you've done it. Blocked. Completely useless ability to actually comprehend and reply in any sensibly logical manner. Get off the drugs.

10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    best news I've heard all day!....Thanks!

SpajdrEX and jbscotchman like this.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This! Pick a card in your budget, do your research, and be happy.

SpajdrEX and airbud7 like this.
  12. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I feel sorry for late adopters, anyone who bought a 2060/2070 recently must feel like crap. :(

airbud7 and blitz72 like this.
  13. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
  14. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 XC3
    Did the original 2070 support SLi? I don't remember, and too lazy atm to look it up. I thought originally only the 2080 and Ti allowed it. I noticed the NVLink connector on the images. I assume due to the 2070S using the original 2080 pcb.

15. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Even if these were the original launch prices/cards I still would pass. Just not the huge performance leap I expect, but at least they are finally offering something a bit better than Pascal considering they want Bitcoin-hype level prices.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Buying these wont last long either. Ampere will crush it 6 months later.

sverek likes this.
  17. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Yeah, seems like a weird timing to buy a new GPU...

When Novidia released Pascal, that was the perfect timing to buy video card.

18. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    Those cards are like RX 470->RX 570 and 480->580->590 a salad out of old lettuce, nothing more, nothing less.

19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yep, and then Ampere gets crushed by a refresh, and then the refresh gets replaced with a new architecture and the new architecture gets updated and refreshed. These comments are a little pointless tbh, as there will always be something new and better.

20. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Yes, buy GPU when you neeed it :)