Windows 10 [19H2] Build 18362.1000

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18362.10000 (19H2)

Hello Windows Insiders!

Today, we are talking about the next steps we are taking at continuing to evolve Windows 10 servicing and quality with the next feature update for Windows 10. This release has been referred to as 19H2 with Insiders. 19H2 will include a scoped set of features for select performance improvements, enterprise features, and quality enhancements and will be delivered to customers running the May 2019 Update using servicing technology (like the monthly Cumulative Update process).

For Insiders, this means a few differences to how they will get 19H2:

• Insiders will need to be in the Slow ring and on the May 2019 Update to receive 19H2 bits.
    • 19H2 will be delivered to Insiders in the Slow ring via servicing as a Cumulative Update and not full build updates.
    • Some Insiders may not see the new features right away as we perform controlled feature rollouts (CFRs) to gain better feedback on overall build quality.
    • Specific to CFRs, we may ship features in these updates turned off by default and turn them on independently of bits getting downloaded to Insiders’ PCs.
    Even though we will be delivering 19H2 to Insiders in the Slow ring through servicing, we plan to continue to publish blog posts for each of these flights and include information on anything new and notable and any known issues that might be included. For more information on what 19H2 means for Windows 10 servicing and quality, we recommend you read John Cable’s blog post here.

We are also releasing 19H2 Build 18362.10000 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. This update contains two behind-the-scenes changes designed for OEMs and does not contain anything visible to Insiders. We’re using this update to test our process and servicing pipeline for delivering these updates to customers. 19H2 updates to Insiders will also be cumulative with the latest May 2019 Updates. For example, today’s release also includes the same improvements and fixes contained in this Cumulative Update released for the May 2019 Update here. Going forward, these updates will continue to contain the same improvements and fixes released for the May 2019 Update in addition to new 19H2 changes.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ws-10-insider-preview-build-18362-10000-19h2/

alanm and Jackalito like this.
  2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I didnt want this, lol. Seems I forgot to get out of the slow ring. Will see how it goes.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Should be able to uninstall it like any CU?

4. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    why not just skip this update

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The more I read about it, the more it seems like only minor improvements, bug fixes. Seems MS is not pushing features as much with 19H2. Will keep it and see how it goes.

6. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    anyone who installed this ever give latencymon a whirl to see if the ntoskrnl.exe dpc spikes are fixed in 19h2?

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Spikes still there.

8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Not sure if related to this build, but after PC on a few hours, things seem to slow down. Mouse over folders, I see blank dialogue box where usual folder contents description shows. Event viewer seems to hang or too slow in showing info. Uninstalled and opted out of insiders.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I opted out of the Slow Ring once Windows 10 Pro v1903 build 18362 had installed and switched to Release Preview only so I got the cumulative updates.

I only read about the 19H2 preview yesterday on the Windows 10 Forum and would not have bothered with this normally if it wasn't for the strange (but actually better IMO) decision to release this as a cumulative update with the same build no. of 18362 rather than as a hour long install. Definitely better this way in my view plus there is no text string on the desktop to indicate that this is a preview build.

Not noticed any changes other than it being build 18362.10000 but my main reason to opt into this via the Slow Ring was for the upcoming update in August 2019 that is supposed to fix high CPU/low GPU usage in games. Can't remember where I read that though but I have noticed some odd performance in games since installing v1903 with games running with sub-60 fps despite having both low CPU and GPU usuage (Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends for example when viewing replays) but it might be due to the age of the game and/or the fact they use DX9.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You read it in the 431.18 hotfix thread, or on the battlelog forums where it was posted a few weeks ago.

Darren Hodgson likes this.

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Can anyone access Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshooter and open any of the troubleshooters there?

On my PC, I get an error window popup saying I do not have permission to run C:/WINDOWS/system32/msdt.exe

That did not happen on the previous v1903 build 18362.217 build (19H1).

*EDIT*
    Ignore. Must have been a glitch as it now seems to be working fine after booting my PC up after being turned off.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...r-preview-build-18362-10012-18362-10013-19h2/

From August 8th.

Moving forward, 19H1's cumulative should be out later today too I believe. :)

Wonder if this will land in let's see 3(march)+6(bi-yearly updates.) so 9 and that's September then for 1909 before 20H1 and Win10 going back to a yearly larger build cycle?
    Maybe. :)

Jackalito likes this.
  13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    .14 and .15 are out on the slow ring.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...r-preview-build-18362-10014-18362-10015-19h2/

Jackalito likes this.
  14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Just got an install failure and error 0x800f0984 during the Windows Update from Pro build 18362.10012 to 10014 on my PC. Not going to retry as already three other people have reported the same issue and error over on the Windows 10 Forums.

Probably best to defer this update for as long as possible until Microsoft acknowledge the issue and fix it otherwise your PC will likely just keep attempting to install it and fail. One person on the Windows 10 Forum said he tried several times with the same error.

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah common problem for both .14 and .15 at the moment, from CBS and the log files it's something with Cortana possibly relating to the change with the search UI though it looks like clean installs works but they need to fix the cumulative install and script and maybe re-release or the next set will work instead. :)

A problem was also recently acknowledged for 19H1 and breaking of VB6 so a cumulative will be provided later in August fixing that up.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4512508

"Oops" I guess.

Not too impressed with the cycle so far for 19H1 and 19H2 but focus and priority is probably mainly on 20H1 and they are fixing things up but the known issues listings and install problems and what users are reporting is also growing.
    Well for 19H2 at least that's a insider cycle though the slow ring is usually more robust than this although it's not a guarantee but it's not too bad although yeah hiding or deferring this latest update to 19H2 might be best until MS either re-releases it or pulls it and the next one comes out, can't be too far away since if it's on schedule a mid September to early October launch window should be the plan for the full release of 19H2 ... which is a update and not a full build though I assume up to date install media will also be available for convenience even so.

Jackalito likes this.