Quantum Break

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    That is too bad,might not even hold 60FPS then at 1920 x 1080 maxed in that area.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    1920x1080 should work better than the higher resolutions but that upscaling tech is probably best left enabled as it can severely increase GPU load even on fairly high-end cards when turned off.

Far as I remember from comparisons AMD manages just about the same under DX11 as DX12 which does indicate Remedy does know the API better and could put it to good use, Nvidia saw a overall performance increase but not a big one and newer drivers appear to have put in a much bigger effort on low-level API's on a whole though it varies from game to game so I don't know how it affects Quantum Break in particular if at all.

Would be nice to see these sorts of games taken through tests using older to newer drivers and different GPU's though the poorer running titles would basically just end up being brute forced by the newest GPU's and it's been shown in other tests that unless stuff is downright broken either game or driver side the overall performance increase from updating the driver is generally small but there are exceptions.
    (Comparisons have also shown both AMD and Nvidia occasionally takes a few shortcuts but this has probably been toned down in recent years compared to how "hacky" some supported games could be.)

I like the game engine they created though, more time and testing would probably have allowed for it to truly shine on PC too but it could also have been worse. Sales undoubtedly suffered from the exclusivity deals and delays and then the UWP exclusivity for the PC version before the Steam version. (MS not wanting to have the TV series as a download option probably hinders things too or perhaps that was just the 4K version.)

If if ever get around to doing a system upgrade it's one of the titles that's up there for a replay when it's not running at 30 FPS or sub-30 FPS at the worst areas with scaling disabled, VRAM also becomes contested after a while at 2560x1440 or higher so stuttering can be a real annoyance after a while. Faster ISP net connection wouldn't hurt either what with games hitting 60+ GB these day's but nothing can be done about that for now and I'm lucky they actually did install fiber several years ago so 100/100 already helps out a fair bit.

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I kept seeing people talk about it in the Control thread so I looked it up and my god! This game is right up my alley, wtf was I doing in 2016 that made me miss this title? It's only $10 on the Steam sale so hurry up and get here Friday so I can buy it!

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, when it came out in 2016... it was a bit rough, performance wise. But, thankfully the Steam release happened after... and it performs much better.
    But, yes, it is a great game.

Not as amazing as Remedy's other titles like Max Payne or Alan Wake, but it's still a damn good game.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    It needs a beefy gpu if you disable upscalling, maybe that's why? :D

I beat it once, loaded the part where I monarch makes breaking decision and loaded again there to do 2nd view of the story.

Its great though# gfx is very nice too.

I played it without upsampling native 1080p and Rays and global illumination medium, rest max and it runs great. 60fps+ all the time, usually in 70-90fps area.

But there seem to be some jitter issues, need to double check nvprofile, but I think fast sync and 1frame to render ahead fixed it.. also driver fxaa, ingame is too blurry.

6. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Just wait till you have to watch the "tv" show bits. Fun

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    You can skip every TV episode, and... miss very, very little of the actual story.
    But, even then, if you watch the episodes they were still better then the majority of the crap that's actually on TV these days.

8. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    I liked the story, not the TV bits though but gameplay becomes seriously tiresome 2/3rds of the way through

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Fantastic game.

10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I loved every aspect of it.
    Yes, even the TV bits.
    I don't get the hate for those. They are well acted.
    They do look cheap, but, the story makes up for it.

11. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Didn't they pull the plug on the streaming servers which store the live action episodes? A friend told me they are not working anymore.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    threads merged :)

KissSh0t likes this.
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its definitely worth playing while you wait for Control.

jbscotchman likes this.
  14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I replayed the game earlier this year, and the TV episodes still stream.
    Since they are stored on MS's servers... I doubt they are going anywhere any time soon.

15. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Earlier this year... But now? :D

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Hmm, people on the Steam forums are reporting that the live action scenes are no longer working. Can anyone else confirm this? I'm ready to buy the game now, but this could be a huge killer for me.

17. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Wait until you have to deal with the atrocious mouse implementation and the horrid, horrid frame pacing. Still enjoyable, but you have to really try. And prepare a sick bag for the nausea.

18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Made a full walktrough recently, game can had to run at half resolution on release and nowadays 2080-ti barely deliver playable framerate at native 4K, worth it imo. Love the game !
    Looks amazing, and the VFX are incredible.

19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Did the live action scenes work?

XenthorX likes this.
  20. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    Just get it. If the live action scenes don't work I can direct you to a download of the videos that can be applied on any Steam version of the game.
    53.9 GB download though and after install about 105 GB and yes that's just the videos.
    It's a great game and totally worth it.