Smoking Weed/ your thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 22, 2017.

1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  2. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    "New trials have shown the drug psilocybin to be highly effective in treating depression, with Oakland the latest US city to in effect decriminalize it last week. Some researchers say it could become ‘indefensible’ to ignore the evidence – but how would it work as a reliable treatment?"

Source - https://www.theguardian.com/science...sion-aztecs-psilocybin-mental-health-medicine

That's 2 states decriminalized. Legalization to follow, watch this space.

Serotonin likes this.
  3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    It's too easy...there are some things that are plants that can kill you...

Bottom line is this: do you need it? If yes - why?

If it isn't the condition I have got (specifically) then you don't get a prescription for it, and, I don't get bags of the stuff delivered in smokable form. I get a spray for inside my mouth so I can get all of the medicinal benefits without any of the 'highness'.

I may have said this earlier in the post, but I cannot find anything but disgust for those who say it should be legal for medicinal reasons because, well, they wouldn't give two hits about those people: they just want to smoke something and get high, eat Pizza and giggle about.

If they really cared about the medicinal benefits, they would give all of the money they spend on getting high and donate it to medical research to help those afflicted by whatever they think people are affected by.

They are pathetic.

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Your anger should be toward big pharma, not stoners.

Phragmeister likes this.

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Big pharma is providing me with treatment of my condition. Stoners are using my condition to argue getting high.

It's that simple.

6. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Big pharma companies have been lobbying against the legalization of marijuana since the 1930's, they're not due any praise at all. It's only recently they've had to change their tune because they can't prevent the societal revolution.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Serotonin, cowie and Icanium like this.
  7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    why bitch at stoners ?
    because you had to wait for them to make a spray?
    they had it for years but you "needed" it but waited for what??
    And you know they can not do med research at all in the states
    don't bitch at stoners for the bs politics involved they did not make all med weed and sprays worth big bucks when it should be a 1us dollar a pound
    it grows easy does not need much care and its more then half the price of gold in my state.
    how the freak is that?
    no one should have to have a med card just make it legal like its chamomile tea or dead nettle
    omg Illinois is not far Vermont mass why is it ok there?
    don't hate the player hate the game

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Serotonin, Icanium and airbud7 like this.
  8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    That link was for lobbying against the 'recreational' usage, not medical research blocking thereof.

9. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Is it not also true that Big pharma is profiting from you condition and Stoners want a cheaper solution for your condition that does not include liver failure and kidney failure.

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    For a simpleton it would be. Are you a simpleton? I have no idea what your condition is nor do I care. I would say nobody knows and nobody cares and nobody is using your condition...well whoever you're paying to treat it is. I'm not surprised though that you think it is all about you. I wish just once you would make an argument on this topic that wasn't entirely based on your personal myths and BS. But, from reading the dozens of 'Reefer Madness' type screeching you do, that is never going to happen. I don't know if you're serious or trolling. Certainly, you're not making smart arguments.

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Guys, I live in a country that does not charge its citizens for medical care nor for medicine full stop.

In other words, from some peoples perspectives, I am living the dream - even though for me it's a nightmare.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the big pharma treatments for cancer are more likely to kill you than the cancer itself.

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    What did you major in?

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    statistics.

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Reallly, out of thin air and no taxes? Or are you telling us you're drain on society and others pay for your care? Come on, at least try. I don't advocate anything except the freedom of choice in this regard. You vacillate between the nanny state and relative anarchy, depending upon your mood and the topic.

16. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    My doctor prescribed for my condition some medication that listed the following side effects, abnormal ejaculation, decreased amount of semen. I preferred my condition to the listed effects. I have never heard that smoking weed would cause these effect or would help my condition.

17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Not a doctor, then. Glad we got that cleared up.

Everyone pays taxes, and the decision to care for the entire population's health was made a very long time ago - long before I was born. So, as everyone pays tax and everyone gets health care if they need it, your point is nullified in any debate you wish to have on this topic, ever.

Not firing any shots across the bow, but it's hard to debate certain points with you due to forum rules on politics. I'm not sure I can even address your concerns without slipping into politics regarding terms like an 'anarchy' or, 'nanny' state.

So....more money to research it needs to be sent to medical professionals, to conduct proper research in this area?

Surely that makes more sense than self-medication?

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

you don't need to be a doctor to know how things work.
    the medical books that doctors pay to be taught to put in practice can be read by anyone, the medical journals, trial data, studies and research are all available to those who want them

Radiotherapy is far less invasive than chemo and has a higher success rate in comparison with far reduced deaths caused by secondary infections - which are contributed to the chemo utterly destroying the immune system.

It is also safer for the people caring for you as radiotherapy as a targetted treatment does not end up making you dangerous to them, the family members of a chemo patient have a heightened risk of developing not only cancers themselves but suffering fertility and pituatary hormone irregulations which can significantly alter their physical and mental health.

airbud7 likes this.
  19. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    I believe in freedom of choice.
    Personally I love the stuff. I've consumed cannabis almost every day, in one way or another, for nearly 30 years and enjoy using it to relax after working all day.
    I gave up smoking it a few years ago and bought a vapouriser instead :p
    I think it should be decriminalised for all, but I don't think it would make much difference to me either way.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    airbud7 likes this.
  20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    This has nothing to do with my point.

There are those that want it legalised in ALL forms, just because they want to giggle about and eat pizza all the live long day.

SOME of those people, are using the 'medical argument' to rationalise (not justify) them using it.

Can you please understand my point and stop me from posting the same thing, it is getting quite boring.