Navi RDNA Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jun 11, 2019.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    Jackalito and Maddness like this.
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Many will find this interesting.
    Price war will make PC affordable yet again :)

Synoxia likes this.

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    That doesnt make a price war.
    By all means alert us when it happens.

6. Not to be rude or argumentative - but isn't a price war when the cost of certain items in direct competition are significantly affected?

With exception - on avg in the US the 2070 retails for $499; the 2080 $699 & AMD is pushing their current "HEDT" offering for $699 (Radeon Vll)

No one is aggressively cutting prices yet to increase market share. A war may be coming - but from the conversations I have with a lot of friends and coworkers of mine; people wanted Navi 20 now. Not Navi 10. I finally sold my 1080 TI and paid some extra money for an RTX.

If anything I see a price war with Intel on the horizon.

Maddness, Jackalito, signex and 3 others like this.
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edition also in Germany

The availability of the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edition will initially be limited to the US. However, AMD plans to expand its own online shop.
    Also orders from numerous European countries as well as Canada are to be accepted soon.

With the Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edition AMD also brings the Navi-10 top model in a jubilee version on the market, after the Radeon VII and the Ryzen 2700X have already appeared in separate editions.
    However, the availability should initially be limited to the US, as it was said in a message from cowcotland.com. Meanwhile, it should be clear that the graphics card will also be available in this country.

For example, a company spokesperson for the availability of the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edition under the user name dprairie_AMD commented on Reddit.
    Currently, we plan to expand sales through our own online shop. Soon you should be able to order from many European countries on amd.com.
    Among the countries are also Germany and Austria. In North America, too, the availability will be extended to Canada.

For now, however, it still needs patience. At the moment, there is no worldwide availability of the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edition, but the wishes have been fulfilled.
    An approximate period, however, is not promised.

-> https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Rade...s/Verfuegbarkeit-auch-in-Deutschland-1289013/

8. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I was in the same boat. I wanted navi 20 this year. I needed a new card last month and could wait. So I to bought an RTX card. I may look at going back when the high end navi launches, but it will have to support some form of Ray tracing.

Embra and OnnA like this.
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    So, about this nv Win XP Panel :p
    Just kiddin' Im happy for You.
    RTX is a thing im sure of it.

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    [​IMG]

LocoDiceGR and Maddness like this.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Good YT

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Well, it appears that the Radeon RX 5700XT has indeed made its way into reviewers hands and is undergoing testing as you read this.
    The Radeon RX 5700XT is poised to take on the GeForce RTX 2070 in performance and pricing by undercutting the GeForce RTX 2070 and hitting the market for $449 while claiming to bring a bit more performance than its competitor.
    Up until now, we’ve only had slides from AMD to go off of for performance figures but now, thanks to the 3DMark Result Ticker and user [redacted username] we now get a glimpse at what should be the Radeon RX 5700XT can do in DX12 with 3DMark Time Spy, and it isn’t bad at all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Maddness likes this.
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Navi is not using the GCN architecture the RDNA architecture is code compatible with GCN, but it is very much not GCN.
    The code compatibility is probably there to provide the ps5 and xbox scarlett backwards compatibility with previous generation consoles as this would allow GCN specific code to be understood by the RDNA based GPU's.

RDNA does seem to prefer code formed in a new manner specific to the RDNA architecture though.To better understand there are two GCN's in AMD the chip architecture and the GCN instruction set architecture (ISA).
    RDNA is compatible with the GCN ISA, but is not based on the GCN chip architecture.
    This is just like AMD's Ryzen is based on the Zen architecure and AMD's FX chips were based on Bulldozer and both supported the x86 architecture.
    Those chips may both support the same ISA, but they are not built on the same architecture.

Maddness likes this.
  14. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    [​IMG]
    I hope this to be not true or atleast not to be representitive of newer game titles comparstive performance. :(

15. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    ^ whats that fake? LOL

16. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
  17. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    This is a nvidia favoring game, benchmark is to be taken with a good grain of salt.

18. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    It's a terrible benchmark in general so let's better wait for real games.

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Without system specs, the "benchmark results" have no credibility anyway.....

20. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Thats probably the worst benqmark ever, totaly bias to nvidia.