Steam summer sale is live

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So, browsing the store, look for a suggestion.

Which would be the better purchase...
    Assassin's Creed: Origins... or... Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

Now, keep in mind, I'm a single player only kind of guy. I don't care how much "fun" some may find it, I will never play any game online/MP/coop.

2. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    doesn't really matter, both games can be had cheaper elsewhere.

3. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Not to be rude, I wasn't asking for the best deal...
    I was asking which one people felt was the better game. If people point to one over the other, that doesn't mean I will run and jump to Steam. Just leads me to that title specifically.

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    GR Wildlands is not too bad to play single player. (I've spent maybe 50% of my time in coop with my son and fiance and the other 50%, in SP). The AI team is fun to snipe multiple targets with but they are complete boneheads for stealth.

AC:Origins is a solid game and a better SP experience simply because it is an SP game. But I've only put a few hours into it. I have over 100 into GRW.

I'd say you'd be pleased with either game, as both are good. That really didn't answer your question though... :D

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well if you like odessey that is more greece based then origins is essentially that game but set in egypt, which i like the pyramids and etc so kind neat if your into that archtecture and culture stuff. the beginnings of the soft boot retooling of creed.

so tons of content to see and do like odessey.

Not sure about wildlands never really looked into it.

6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I haven't played Odyssey either.
    Last AC game I played was Unity, and it was the last one I played because it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I love Black Flag, and loved AC2. 1 was a good idea, just poorly realized. 3 was just... boring, with bad characters. And Unity was... well, Unity. Broken.
    I know it's been patched, but I have zero desire to retry it.

I've been told Syndicate and Rogue are really good. But... not sure.

7. WillG

WillG Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I'd suggest going with AC Origins since you clearly enjoyed the better AC games in the past.
    Origins (and Odyssey) have lots of content for SP, Big world. The reboot was rather well done imo. . .

DocStrangelove and cerebus23 like this.
  8. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Shame that They are billions didn't get cheaper. Wanted to grab that game on lower price.

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I got DUSK and Blood: Fresh Supply on my wishlist, but i want them to be even cheaper (that's just how i roll).

For now i bought Max Payne 1, Max Payne 2, Turok and Return to Castle Wolfenstein for roughly €11.

I will have another look during Winter Sale.

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I must be a spoiled gamer, nothing really gets my attention on this sale

11. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    In Soviet Russia, VPN joins you.

Sorry... I had to!

12. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    If it comes to SP story then AC Origins by far. GR Wildlands is great, but the bots are just in your way all the time you wanna line up a far distance shot. They basically serve as your personal medics if you got shot (because they got spotted but everyone is shooting you), cracking repetitive 80ies jokes or as automatic sniper turrets once you marked targets for them. Seriously, if you're going for GR Wildlands then just tell them to stop where they are once you get out of a vehicle and go for stealth on your own. Rest of Wildlands is way more fun with friends cause the bots disappear. And play GhostMode right away, its permadeath will make you waaayyyy more careful about the whole game.

Origins is just mindblowing although i wasnt quite sure about the new free flow of combat. This is entirely different from Unity's combat that felt you had 16ton weighs on each leg.
    Tip: go for a shield & sword, then put your parry button to TOGGLE and walk around while holding your shield up all the time. Totally fun and reminded me lot about the fights in the movie Gladiator! Abs love this game.

13. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Sorry for spamming here but plz leave Syndicate alone, that was the worst melee combat model i've ever seen. You're clubbing ppl to death ... slowly.... over 1min. While everyone keeps dancing around you waiting for his/her turn. That's 4mins just clubbing ppl to death. Not kidding. Or use your gun and run from the police.

Dragam1337, cerebus23 and SpajdrEX like this.
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Well at least you get a chance to win the top game from your wishlist if you participate in the Grand Prix.

15. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Bought:
    Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
    Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy
    Stellaris: MegaCorp
    South Park: The Fractured But Whole
    XCOM 2

PhazDelta likes this.

16. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    If you like Black Flag, Odyssey heavily features the ship combat and I think it was tell done. I liked AC Origins, and this is coming from someone who thinks the franchise was in the gutter with all the yearly releases. I do think Odyssey is the best AC since probably Black Flag.

cerebus23 likes this.
  17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    one game felt compelled to buy this year so i did nt feel like i ignored the sale

Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  18. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    Bought Battalion 1944 + 7 day to die + Stranded deep

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I still got that fold out boxed copy of Vice City i never played... maybe i should try and get that working.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    lol their steam vr kit of €1079,-- is top bought product. I guess sales are really poor for that to become #1

RzrTrek likes this.