Assassin’s Creed Origins

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 21, 2017.

1. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    The new Animus control panel won't install if you just remain waiting at the main menu of ACO. You have to start gameplay to get it going beginning with an introduction.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    And patch notes. :)
    https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1871622-Assassin-s-Creed-Origins-1-5-0-Patch-Notes-PC-only

3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    The only thing i noticed is that it doesnt take 10secs anymore to set something on fire with your torch. xD

That and i just found that 'Enemies autolevelling' checkbox in the gameplay options. Was searching for that a while ago but forgot about it.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I liked using a bow with fire damage for that purpose, no need to even fire the actual arrow as just walking close to anything flammable with the weapon in hand will be enough if the flaming arrow head makes contact with it, though this included people such as civilians too thus some care is required.

Firing a regular arrow through a fire source will also light it on fire or just sticking the arrow in a fire source via for example aiming and then you can send a flaming arrow someone's way. :D

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Meh, never got around to really play this game, as they never followed up on their promise of providing sli support...

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Finished it a few days ago. The story was decent. It kinda reminded me of AC1. I wish there was more growth to the character, I don't care much for his cause and after the ending, I couldn't care less. It was cool to see the origins of the assassin's creed though. It was nice to see the combat evolve from the counter and chain attack monotony. I enjoyed the experience. I tried the hidden ones dlc and it was meh. The stuttering in the cut scenes was a let down. I hope it's not because of the stupid drm they've shat all over the game. It takes abnormally longer to start for me v/s other games as it is. I hardly got any legendary gear in 50 hours. Only 5, excluding the gold edition stuff. I barely used anything else except the dlc gear and upgraded them whenever I had enough drachmas.

I've taken a break from the game, too much AC as I played Black Flag last month :p

7. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Finished AC:O as well, not sure what can say, pretty decent, I expected bit more, Hidden One DLC is not the best

Played at Ultra and 1440p and graphic hasn't been bad,if I would replay this game again, no

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Bought Hidden ones DLC, just more of the same so far, not that it's a bad thing though but the feeling of having enough of this game came back quicker this time and I'm pretty sure I won't buy the 2nd DLC. Plus there is a new AC coming out anyway.

9. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I am getting close to finishing this game, but I wish it was not because the world they have crafted for this AC is mesmerizing, and everything happening within this world is done right -- oh, and the music! Amazing. I am clearly in love with this game lol. I am playing this on PS4 Pro instead of my PC this time around because sometimes, I just want to crash in my couch after work, and just play something while being lazy simultaneously; it's very therapeutic lol

alanm and eGGroLLiO like this.
  10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Its the most polished game ever made imo. Graphically, gameplay, combat mechanics, attention to detail, historical interest, I could go on and on.

shoja likes this.

11. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Yes, yes, and many more yes's! lol

12. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Hello
    Hopefully, someone will respond to my plee for help
    Been playing Origins at length since before summer., Finished the game and the first DLC, "the hidden ones". I got the "Curse of the Pharaohs" at half price on Ubisoft Halloween sale. Installed it and now getting this small white square in the upper left corner on a black background when the game starts and then its stuck there. I update the nVidia drivers, reinstalled them, reinstalled the game, verified the files, deactivated FXAA as some recommended. But to no avail. What has happened? Not much info about this in the google sphere.
    All my Steam and Origin games run flawlessly

HELP HELP

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So, picked this up during the Steam sale.
    Played a little this morning. I like what I've seen so far... going to have to mess with the settings some. It's been holding around 75 FPS... but, occasionally when entering the city, it dipped to 58.

Also, the controls. I spent far too long remapping them just so I could use my standard EDSF for movement. And some, I ended up just throwing to the right side of the keyboard just so keys weren't double mapped.

14. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Surely takes some time. Instead WSAD i use A / LeftALt / Left Shift / Z. xD

15. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Can I buy STEAM version AC Origins (Gold) to upgrade my Uplay account which only has classic Origins version? Does anyone know?

16. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Dunno but if it says 'requires AC Origins on Steam' then i guess you're screwed. Or just try it and refund it if need be.

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It will show up as a separate entry in uplay but you'll have your gold edition. Saves should be compatible since that's handled by uplay.

18. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Ok, thanks, guys.

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Man, you are in for a treat. But do yourself a favor and try to accustom yourself to a controller (ie, XBone), no matter how inconvenient it may initially feel. KB+M will never be the same again. I used to be a die-hard KBM'er, now never use it in gaming. ACO and the like are very natural with controllers, once you get used to it.

20. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    Game stutters really bad because of the horrible texture swaping, doesn't happen on a ssd but I have no room on ssd as bfv and odyssey is installed there.