Corsair MP600 PCIe Gen 4 M.2 SSD 1 TB to Cost € 249

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    OK that's just way too much.
    I was expecting around 10 to 15% higher cost at most.

This is early adopter gouging.

3. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:

As is always of course, then any bugs ...

However it will be interesting to see what gains we get with this and AMD compared to Intel and previous generation. Will the combination be give more of a reason to jump to AMD than just if it was just the CPU alone.

Looking forward to the reviews coming up, it feels like treading water at the moment until the phony war ends.

4. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    1tb current nvme samsung 970 evo plus is 220 on amazon. wht 250 is outrageous?

5. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It'll be interesting to see if PCIe Gen 4 NVMe drives can offer any substantial real world benefits over PCIe Gen 3 drives - I'm thinking not many.

6. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    Samsung has become the apple of the IT world. They are overcharging. There are other brands available that offer almost the same performance at a lower price

Fox2232 likes this.
  7. Rx4speed

Rx4speed Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 295x2
    Could not agree with this more. The 970 evo, is still a TLC drive regardless of the marketing horseshit. It's the best in it's class, sure. But it cost what, 50% more than drives that perform with 10% and last just as long.

8. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Its almost twice as fast....what do you expect, just a shame i would need to spend best part of £1000 to be able to benefit from the extra speed but my i7 7700k and Samsung 970 pro 1tb will do me for quite some time

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  9. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf Guest

How important is that heatsink?

10. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I just do not think that for a 1tb top notch drive 250 usd is too much. the 970 pro cost much higher.
    Offering `ALMOST` the same performances is not an argument for pricing.
    If price for performance would scale up linearly there would not be market for low end parts.
    250$ for the only pcie 4 drive at launch, is fine.

Samsung does not overprice, is not even comparable with apple overpricing.
    The first SSD everyone got with high performances have been samsung, the 840evo is the ssd that pulled down prices for everyone.

Richard Nutman likes this.

11. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Any "new" product has a premium price when it first hits the market. The excitement of it being new ignores the premium price and sells. Once Pcie 4.0 becomes mainstream and boring the prices will drop like every other new product. What I find interesting is AMD has snuck under the radar that they have a gpu that runs on 4.0. Will be interesting to see what that leads to. And don't forget Pcie 5.0 products are supposed to hit the market by years end. Oh the choices we poor consumers have to make.

12. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    well now i will not mind some clearance sale ...for the old outdated gen3 nvme drives .... i will swallow my pride and get one ...or two .... i know i know my sacrifice will be remembered !

13. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb

Its not fine, the prices above are wrong, right now MP510 2TB goes for 259USD on Amazon.com or Corsair.com [US web site, they have regional selection]
    MP510 is better then samung 970 EVO Plus in many regards, TWICE as much TBW.
    I rather buy x2 MP510 for RAID0, then single 2Tb Gen4 drive and have twice as much space and faster too 7000 read and 6000 write

14. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Its needed for the controller.

15. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    They already at clearance price, 259$ for 2TB

16. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    This is an amazing deal ! Will get one as soon as Amazon prime start offering smuggling services threw the Greek customs also :p

17. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Amazon(.de/EU) has the MP510 960GB for €128 atm. And that looks like a great price tbh(as far as nvme prices go ofc)!

The other 2 other similarly spec'ed models that I see available(to buy) are 1TB from PNY and Patriot which cost €10-20 more.

Oh and can someone please kindly remind Samsung and WD we are halfway through year 2019 already and that they need to update their *2018* nvme prices? :p

Here's a couple DRAMeXchange articles just to help refresh their memory.
    3/25/2019: https://www.dramexchange.com/WeeklyResearch/Post/5/5254.html
    5/08/2019: https://press.trendforce.com/press/20190508-3238.html
    5/30/2019: https://www.dramexchange.com/WeeklyResearch/Post/5/7307.html

Now just for the sake of it, lets compare prices from 4,5 months ago to the current ones. *prices aren't absolute and may change.

https://i.**********/q789bnnY/pny-xlr8-cs3030-nvme-ssd-review-final.jpg

So, WD and Samsung charge anywhere from 40 to 60% over the closest competing products. Oh well. I guess they must make up for the lower than expected supply demand in 2019 right?

18. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    To me, a 1 TB SSD is kind of small these days. With new AAA games hitting 50GB regularly and some reaching over 100GB, this drive won't hold much. The price is a little steep, but that thing is quite fast, so you pay a premium.

The more these high end drives push the envelope, the better for the reasonably priced drives. I grabbed a 2TB Intel 660p for ~$200 a couple months ago. It isn't insane fast, and has the worst nand tech, but I'm content with 1620/1930 GB/sec I/O and I don't ever foresee hitting that write cycle limit (TBW) in the next 5 years. It'll be outdated by then.

19. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    @0blivious well when we talk about games a sata3 ssd does the job almost as good you might same 1 second here and there with an nvme ssd but really will you even notice ? Ever?

20. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Sometimes, you notice, other times it's pretty close to my old evo. There's certainly no reason to replace all your sata SSDs. I hope it didn't seem like i was implying that. Games with many smaller files load about the same. Games wrapped into a few massive files are the ones you notice.

Venix likes this.