Steam summer sale is live

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 25, 2019.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well sekiro is what not even 6 months old?

nioh and all those came out a year or more ago? well modor i guess is newer but that also got heavily discounted prior because the cash shop stuff hurt its sales.

yea likely sekiro will not get a discount until the xmas sales, this is soft sale will get those fence sitters, then xmas will be the deeper sale that will get the last.

2. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -

Excellent timing by codemasters to release their next annual beta game during this year's "grand prix" summer sale, but I won't bite as I already know it will be riddled with bugs as with 2017, 2018 and then be replaced by 2020 and forgotten. However it would be a lie if I said that I didn't considering giving it a go at one point, seeing as they've added 22 classic cars; which is a must have for an n/a addict and huge fan of ayrton senna and alain prost (currently rewatching the formula one 1989 season).

Anyway my boost meter got maxed out at 18234p when I logged in, but maybe that's because I play a ton of racing games? Bought a few visual yaoi novels, dlcs for my racing games, crash bandicoot & spyro reignited trilogy. I probably will find something else to throw my money on, but I'm kind of full right now, but if you're new to sim racing and don't want to pay a fortune then now is a good time to buy assetto corsa which is -77% off for the whole game.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    DocStrangelove and cerebus23 like this.
  3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i bought katana zero after i watched a video on it, silly me, but looked pretty sweet, swear i had looked at it before and read it was episodic or something but seems a whole and complete game. shrug. no issues on that sofar.

4. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    i know this trick but its very complicated and have to buy VPN too.so meh

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    This is the most underwhelming Steam Summer Sale I've ever taken part of (and I've seen them all). Add to it the fact that the actual event is confusing and buggy af, I probably won't end up buying anything... which is funny, since I only have some Deus Ex MD DLC on my backlog.

I swear, other than Cyberpunk 2077 and DOOM Eternal, there is literally NOTHING new coming out that I look forward to. At least this means I'll have time to play WoW Classic when it comes out, but even there I have huge concerns of how Activision/Blizzard will handle things. Such a lame time to be a gamer, or maybe it's just me getting old.

6. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    No its not just only you, steam summer sale is full of indie crap nothing thats really worth your time imo xD

Solfaur likes this.
  7. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    I had been waiting for some good deals as well and this is disappointing... none of the titles I was hoping for are under $40.

I just jumped on GOG and grabbed the Warcraft 1 & 2 bundle instead. $15 well spent imo.

sunnyp_343 likes this.
  8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    You don't need to pay for a VPN.
    Send me a PM if you want to join a Putin nation :p

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Meh... not really waiting on anything besides WM:BL2 and CP2077, both of which I preordered on GOG.
    Probably will just grab whatever extras there are and try to sell them on the market for some extra cents.

Solfaur likes this.
  10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    steam summer sale 2019

[​IMG]

disappointin is being kind

sunnyp_343 likes this.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've always considered the holiday sale to be the big one each year, with the summer sale always being rather "meh".

So, personally, this seems right on course.

cerebus23 likes this.
  12. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    It's just as bad as any other Steam sale. I'm with you on WoW, that's what I'm playing this summer.

Solfaur likes this.
  13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    "Imagine it's Steam Summer Sale and nobody goes...." :D

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Steam sales are just for 'Steam only' people. For the people not caring about clients, they can get better deals at other times.

15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Yeah the this Summer sales are pretty disappointing but i don´t care because i still have an huge backlog of games to play and i´m also patient so i don´t mind waiting a few more months to buy the games i want at the prices i want. As for what´s coming next year nothing interests me that much...

DocStrangelove likes this.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Bought the Max Payne Bundle (1 and 2), Turok and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

The other games on my list are just 25% off, which is not low enough :p Perhaps during Winter Sale they're lower.

17. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    I always place games i am most interested on my wish list just before the summer sale. I have not had one hit yet so far.

Could be the first sale in awhile I do not purchase something.

18. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    You can always send a gift to someone :p:D

19. maddog55

maddog55 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 G PLUS
    Best games i've played recently were real "RETRO" shooters AMID EVIL and DUSK ...anybody played these too ?.

Kolt likes this.
  20. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Ya same here bro from last couple of years i bought more games from 3rd party like gog,gmg,frantic than Steam