Geforce 435.27

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, May 30, 2019.

1. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    That parameter always existed but was usually set by AMD (I am not sure if some game profiles overwrote the global default). But shouldn't renderahead be a no-op with Vsync=off?

2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I don't know but I run with Vsync off and have used render ahead=1 on games like BF4, BF1, too bad BFv is to CPU heavy for that setting on my HW.

3. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    In my experience, Frostbite3 games and their renderahed limit console parameter usually have the final word on this (no matter what you set in NVCP and was also effective on AMD the last time I checked some 2 years ago).
    Pascal usually looked more disadvantaged with renderahead=1 than Hawaii and Polaris (I tested this a few times with DAI and MEA) but both suffered in average and minimum fps.

4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I should have said I use user.cfg in the root of BFx folder. In fact, BFv will reset BFv NVCP profile if you change things like power management.

5. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    That did not work. Today I tried 20H1 and I still have the same issue with the color profile not switching back after running games. No one else seeing this?

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Things like this needs to be changed/added for BF in the advanced startup (parameters) in Origin, too.

7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I just tested this the other day, in the game GUI setup, I have fps limit to 120 and render ahead to 3 (forget what its call, but you have 1 or 3 option).
    In my user.cfg file, I have fps limiter 61 and render-ahead of 2. ran the game and checked the console and it was set to 2 and of course fps was 60, so it still overrides the setting of GUI.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    worked for literally everyone else with the issue following 1903's release.

9. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    Thanks man. Yeah I even tried it in the new pre release version of windows and it’s still displaying the same behavior. Think it’s time for a clean install?

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nah, its probably just one of those weird oddities, the issue is all apart of 1903's gamma ramp issue on the dash board though so it'll get fixed in a CU soon.

eGGroLLiO likes this.

11. edward05

edward05 Guest

So i have been using the nvidia 435.27 drivers and i'am really liking them i play CSGO and for some reason my aim is more consistent with the "Latency Setting" set to "Best performance" my tracking a enemy is more consistent everything is less micro stutters game is butter smooth

I feel my aim is better with Best performance rather then lowest latency with that i feel my aim is off

Could someone explain why ?
    CPU 9400F
    GPU ROG Strix RTX2060

Cheers

12. Mico

Mico Guest

GPU:
    msi 1070 ti aero
    Whats your medium fps?. Btw at those values i suppose that smoothness can help over a minimum latency since it avoids stuttering. Just an opinion, since as far as i know, in competitive games even the polling of your mouse can make a difference.

13. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Weird,I deleted all my nvidia drivers and all I get from windows update is some 417.59 driver I never got before?

14. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Pre-rendered frames definitely affects latency. There have been tests with this. https://displaylag.com/reduce-input-lag-in-pc-games-the-definitive-guide/
    But it can also cause stuttering depending on the circumstances. I usually set it to 2 unless I really need to.
    When using 1/2 Refresh Vsync and using 3 pre-rendered frames. Things feel really sluggish and delayed. Setting it to 1 makes a big difference.

15. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I play a lot of BFx series and find a value of 2 seems good, in BFV a value of 1 makes the game to hard on my CPU and micro-stutter.
    On same note does prerender frames effect visuals and latency the same if Vsync is off?

Interesting article, he doesn't mention what V sync off + prerender1 would give input latency.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    2 seems to be the ideal sweet spot.. at least when I played bf 3, 4 and beta bf1?

Latency is minimal once you force fps limit on top or have over 90fps..

That half sync is a whole new latency thing.. I never use that. Lags too much even with 1 frame .

17. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Just did DDU,and went to windows update , same 435.27 .
    [​IMG]

endbase likes this.
  18. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Rainbow Six Siege runs by default on 1 pre-rendered frame (set by the game)

19. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    With G-Sync enabled Fullscreen Youtube Videos in Firefox are stuttering. Hope for next release that they fixed this.

20. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I just have regular monitor, but I use You-Tube TV and every version of Firefox it stuttered, in window and fullscreen till I gave up and used chrome now it is stutter free. I tried everything to fix and kept hoping a update would fix it so I stopped using firefox about a month ago. My setup anyway...