"Google knows best"

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Repo Man, Jun 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Seems Google finds themselves in a bit of a pickle. Some employees have been caught on camera basically confirming how the company steer's the narrative and tries to decide for you what you like to see.

https://www.projectveritas.com/2019...revent-trump-situation-in-2020-on-hidden-cam/

I'm linking the websites because unsurprisingly the youtube video has been taken down.

This isn't exactly shocking news, most active web users have probably noticed "red flags" every once in a while but some of the stuff in the video is still kinda disturbing and sets a worrying precedent.

The video also mainly touches on the political side of things and with that I was in 2 minds whether to start a discussion knowing how political discussions tend to go here but as its a big tech company at the heart of it that we all know and a lot of us use, I felt it would be on topic. Try not to get too hung up on politics and keep it civil okay ?

As for me personally, this just confirms what I sort of knew for a long time and I'm gonna look for alternatives. The internet is becoming such a minefield now that I don't know if I want anything to do with it anymore tbh. I'm going back to smoke signals and hand written letters :p

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    if it prevents dumbass trump getting elected again, let them.

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    [​IMG]

The Child Empress does not like where this is going...

4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Your website is run by lying fraud ReichWing nutball James O'Keefe. So if you were looking for confirmation bias, you found it. Sorry, but you if you didn't know it was 100% alt right agit prop BS, you do now.FFS.... Trump is destroying the ability of a large segment or perhaps exposed a large segment inability to use critical thinking skills. Fer crying out loud, Trump ORDERED his attorney to commit as felony. That's the least of his CRIMES.

Of course, Looby did his due diligence prior to commenting....

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Politics 'man. Not cool. I had to invoke The Child Empress.

Brasky and airbud7 like this.
  6. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Google knows more about me than i do anyway

Keitosha likes this.
  7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  8. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Everybody see, what it wants to see. If someone wants to see how flat Earth is, it will be darn flat!
    No need to post your political visions and frogs here! Let sheepies sleep in peace!

P.S. I love Trump vs Iran drama, hope it will end up as healthy girl fight, without need to spill a blood.

Serotonin likes this.
  9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
  10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    If something lies to someone, or prevents them from real facts and statistics, so be it as long as someone you don't like doesn't get elected? How is that fair? Why even have votes then? Let's just make this a dictatorship. This has to be the most ignorant comment I've read on Guru3D. That's quite a feat. Feel proud, I guess.

What if this news came out that Google was hiding info on any other candidate not named Trump? How would you feel? Don't answer that, it's hypothetical. You've shown your intelligence level and I'd rather not interact with such a basic mind.

11. Agreed, the ends do NOT justify the means, no matter who or what. This kind of dirty pool that google, twitter, facebook, and the like are playing at needs to stop (although i am afraid it will get worse before it gets better).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2019
    Serotonin likes this.
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    if it prevents a lying, sexist, violent, racist, traitor from being put in a position where he gets to press the nuke button.

Yes.

13. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I read this article, and it's blatant fascism on the part of google. Who cares where your political lines are, it's just wrong.

EDIT: Wow a bunch of you are like "the ends justify the means" . Man you people need to read some more history. It's such a level of ignorance...

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Serotonin, Brasky and Whiplashwang like this.
  14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    There is alot of ends justify the means stuff these days, but i don't think these people are looking long term.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    humanity is too stupid to do the right thing on its own.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Will you agree with that when "the right thing" is something that differs from your own views?

Let's errrr lighten the mood, should Deadpool kill baby Hitler?

Serotonin and airbud7 like this.
  17. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I've been using duckduckgo for a while now. I can actually find stuff using that instead of google without having to be lectured by SJW propaganda in their typing suggestions.

Serotonin and airbud7 like this.
  18. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Because you know once you give someone that power, that it's never going to be abused... I can't believe people actually think like this, but it makes sense. That's how so many people died in the 20th century, so many willing to take this type of stance, only to find out to their own horror what they helped create.

AsiJu and airbud7 like this.
  19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Please, the governments elected by the people are doing the same crap while lying to our faces.

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Okay...so you prefer Yahoo's serach algo compared to Google then? I mean, that is what you posted. Duckduck is the portal, Yahoo is their search provider.
    Kiddies, EVERY POPULAR SEARCH ENGINE USES AN ALGORITHM for results. My issue with THIS thread is the SOURCE of material for discussing the topic of GOOGLE search is polluted by the disgusting amoral and dishonest pig, James O'Keefe. That guy has actually damaged real peoples lives with his lies and agit prop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.