Ryzen 3000 processors are getting listed Ryzen 9 3900X for € 550

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 24, 2019.

1. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    At these prices, I see no reason to upgrade my 8700K still.

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Without a review, you came here to state this information, about prices in a specific country and their VAT.... and not knowing review performance numbers....

Hm.....right.........

Mesab67 likes this.
  3. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Well, yes, because I wouldn't bother "upgrading" to another 6 core. At least 8, preferably 12. And the prices are too high IMO, then again, I live in the EU. Will wait for Intel's response and more price reductions. And we already know their rough performance, it's similar(-ish) to Intel's 9900K for ST, and somewhat better MT. So it's great... for the right price.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Aiming for X470, since i don't need PCI-E 4.0 the coming 6 years.

MSI X470 Gaming Pro is what i have my eye on.

Or wait till 2020 for B550 and sit out the early adopter bugs.

mohiuddin likes this.

5. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Yeah.. I agree 8700k is a good chip.. and you don't have to defend what you posted...just ignore posts like that.

toyo likes this.
  6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    8700k is not a bad chip, but the post is completely irrelevant to this thread.

Coming into an AMD thread about prices already announced awhile ago saying "too expensive, i'll stick with my 8700k", a $359 6-core/12 thread CPU that'll probably be matched of beaten by the 3600 for $200 given the "leaks" we've seen, is simply trolling.

There's nothing expensive about these CPUs, unless you prefer intels 9000 series that took away hyperthreading and still were relatively expensive, which wouldn't make sense, but that seems to be what you guys want with your intel processors: Less for more expensive.

Show me where Intels current lineup has a 6-core/12 thread processor for $200 and is unlocked.

Until then stop coming into AMD threads simply to post nonsense such as "too expensive, i'll stick with my (insert intel processor here)" comments.

Again: There is NOTHING expensive about these processors, and this is fact. If you disagree, i would very much like to know where else you can get a 12-core processor for $500, and a 16-core processor for $749, and would enjoy an answer to why 8-core processors were a luxury item up until 2 years ago.

It's like the intel fans went "Oh, we're okay with 4-cores every year for 6 years and spending $500 on them, no problem!, wait, that's not how it is anymore? Well, AMD, you're too expensive."

If he doesn't want to upgrade his 8700k and get more life from it, that's fine, i agree with that statement. At least it still has hyperthreading, unlike Intels current i7 line. But again, i agree, stay with what you have if you don't need more cores. But that's just it, stay with what you have, and don't come into threads to derail them with your pointless statement while trying to make it seem like something is expensive....when it's not.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    HandR, Ricardo, carnivore and 4 others like this.
  7. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
  8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    At these prices, I see no reason to upgrade my 486 DX. Relevance is same. (Person is happy enough with their current device that they do not want to pay for new one.)
    Completely irrelevant. Sorry.
    = = = =
    As for X570 boards. My favorite shop lists already 18 of them. (No prices, yet.)
    Notables:
    MSI MEG x570 ACE
    ASRock X570 Taichi/Phantom (Phantom has extra LAN.)

9. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Some new third-party benchmark came out of the 3600 on x470, performance in games are generally on par with 2700X, still pretty far fron 9900K, especially on Far Cry 5, where's there's a difference of 28fps, 145 vs 117 and the 3600 is 20 fps better than the 2700X. Thing aren't looking that good with memory latencies either, at least on x470.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    3600 is 6 cores at 4.2Ghz vs 9900K 8 cores at 5Ghz

I feel like we shouldn't expect these to be competitive?

Ricardo and Embra like this.

11. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    In some games they don't come too distant, go look for that review i'm talking about, we'll see how much it changes with the other models in these days.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    199$ vs 499$ cpu idk why are they even comparing them.

13. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Because it's the only one that came out for now. And what would you do, in gaming tests there are multiple CPU compared even with distant price tags, usually.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Well you bought an MSI motherboard. That was your first mistake. Just kidding.

I'm curious to see the prices and features on the ASUS STRIX x570-I the x470-I is lacking in the number of native USB ports (not even using the max available to the CPU) so I'm hoping the new more expensive board will at least get more USB ports.

airbud7 likes this.
  15. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    My advice is to not take any of this seriously. You will see a ton of stuff over the next 2 weeks. I have been following PC CPU and GPU's for over 20 years and rumours always go crazy before a big release. Asume everything you see is wrong until we get to see actual real tests from Guru3d, Anandtech etc.

Evildead666 likes this.

16. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    You can't assume everything is wrong, you'd go mad.
    Just a bucketload of salt, and a shovel for all the sh!t flying around until NDA lifts :)

Real tests, will be The Real Thing.
    From out of Nowhere.

17. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    I don't think he was trying to derail anything. I think you took that way too personally because you really like AMD. By the way, you're both wrong since these haven't even been released yet and everyone needs to chill and wait to see what they can do before already making up their minds based on leaks. People can post whatever they want, it's up to you to decide how much rage it incites.

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Honestly it's the worst motherboard I've ever used. One of the lan ports is dead. The XMP profile doesn't work, I have to set it manually. Despite being set manually it randomly just resets back to defaults. The MSI color control thing I've turned off like 35 times, randomly comes back on - but not at the same time with the memory default. The layout of the bios was developed by someone who clearly took a bet that they could ship the worst possible design ever. It's an actual abomination - I hate it. I don't necessarily think it's indicative of all MSI boards but the experience is so bad that I'm avoiding them for my next one.

I've been looking at the ASUS boards myself.

https://www.pcbuildersclub.com/en/2019/06/amd-ryzen-3000-overview-of-all-upcoming-x570-motherboards/

This site gives a pretty good overview of all the boards.

airbud7, fantaskarsef and Embra like this.
  19. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    @Denial

I have had pretty good luck with my MSI x370 Carbon, though Msi is slow with updates.

I really like the ASUS boards.

airbud7 and Denial like this.
  20. Arbie

Arbie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Use the "Ignore" tool. For example if "Oxidize" (fictional name) is trolling via reams of complete crap: click on their name and then on Ignore. Presto! The thread is far more sane, readable, and worthwhile. This works in all forums except Wccftech where you end up with nothing, for some reason.