Ryzen 3000 processors are getting listed Ryzen 9 3900X for € 550

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I want to see if someone will test a 3000 series chip on the x470 without a bios update. I say this because AMDs slide doesn't say you'll need a bios update for b450 and x470, and that may just be a mistake on their side, but either they are saying that:

A. All b450 and x470 motherboard manufacturers are FORCED to have updates available for their systems

or

B. b450 and x470 motherboards original bios supports 3000 series CPUs even without the "official" bios update

[​IMG]

Honest question: What part of VAT do people in euro countries not understand?

If i live in a state that has sales tax, i don't go "So much for dollar to dollar conversion between states, that state without sales tax gets it cheaper!"....because that'd be pure nonsense.....

The prices you see here have zero to do with dollar to euro conversion, and everything to do with VAT......so seriously, and honest question, what do people in euro countries who complain about "dollar to euro conversion" when the conversion + VAT is mostly right (on these products anyways) not understand about VAT?

As will ALL products(that are taxed) in sweden....so it really bears no point to point it out here. But no, they are not more expensive then expected, they are right at what is expected. Do the math yourself to find out if you're unwilling to read the thread. And no i'm not saying it's RIGHT ON, but it's close enough to be within a margin of error (sadly on the merchants side)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  2. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    They're still buggy, not as buggy as when first generation came out, sure, but yet, not as polished as intel's platforms, that's obvious since they've been working with the same stuff for so many years now, and as you said yourself not even intel are bug less. I might have not that much of knowledge on motherboards support but at least i'm not biased.

Last time we could talk about "brand new architectures" for intel was something like 7/8 years ago, that water is well under the bridge, and i know how many problems intel might have faced, there's still humans working at intel, just like AMD...What's the use of your bringing up intel's past problems? Do you think i care? I don't care about brands, i don't care, i don't know how many times i have to say it, i don't care which brand i buy my CPU or GPU from, it's not like i own them anything, i can buy whatever i want, basing it on multiple tests across the internet and on my personal needs.

Ok then, ryzen 3000 support is wider than i thought it would be across old mobos, but again, you still need to update your bios to do that, and if you don't have a compatible CPU around you can't do that. Anyway it's not something it works right off the box. I never said that those chipsets are as buggy as they were at launch, they've improved, much, but it hasn't changed from day to night, or at least not like you make it sound. I did enough research, but i can't research biased opinions, that's only doable if you become a fan yourself, sorry, can't do that. So nothing i said is correct, i was wrong about what? 2 things maybe? Please.

Did they ever write you need a BIOS update to make new CPUs work on an older mobo? Honestly i never read it anywhere.

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I think you're trying to convince yourself out of the bias you do in fact have. Holding onto first impressions and then passing judgment in a way like "Yeah get a x370 ridden with countless bugs and shi**y compatibility with RAM" is absolutely showing bias.

EDIT:
    You've done some research to help determine what you want to get next, but you haven't done enough on all potential products. To exclude some of your options in your research is a bias, even if inadvertently. I'm not necessarily saying that as a bad thing, because it's reasonable to not want an X370 board on a new CPU.

4. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Not sure about other manufacturers but personally do not need a cpu to flash the bios. Hope it is also realized that the imc in the cpu has more of an influence on ram compatibility than the chipset. Plus at this point in time, there is no excuse for not knowing that Samsung B-die is the way to go with Ryzen.

EDIT: What sucks is that B-die is either not manufactured anymore or still being phased out.

5. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Well i read ryzen RAM support is superb, so...Hey i know it's normal to have issues at launch, that's ok, but denying those problems is what i have a problem with. Perfection doesn't exist, as i already said, i'm aware intel RAM support might still have problems. but they're nothing like what a new architecture like ryzen would have, not even close. I can understand the reasons why you dislike intel at this point, i really do, they're common and they have a point, but still denying that intel still does something better is not fair, no matter how much you dislike them. I personally don't dislike anybody, i have really no problems with all of them, they all have their policies and all, they have a way of working, i respect all those, i just pick what's the best i can buy, and suggest people i know to buy any of them, based on their budget and their needs.

I don't need to convince myself rofl, i already know i have no bias like at all. X370 is still ridden with bugs, no doubt about it, it's you acting like it's not shows how right i am.

6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Your behavior sure suggests otherwise.
    Name 1 recurring bug found throughout most/all X370 boards. Just 1.

Aura89 likes this.
  7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Okay, this has gone on for at least...3 or 4 pages.

Let's end the conversation now. Don't reply to each other here.

Ricardo and WalterDasTrevas like this.
  8. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Just to be clear about some Italian prices: most of those are tax evader stores. BPM Power is the last of an historic "triade" of Italian stores (the other two stores, named "e-key" and "prokoo" closed some times ago... of course there were/are more of them but those were the biggest...) that uses a Chinese boxes company schema to evade taxes. In more then one more occasion, a lot of brands (like Corsair) officially advises against purchasing on those stores. As for BPM Power that is still in open, they changed the schema, now they are using mostly a chain of fake new low-income company to have lower taxes and provide better prices, to compensate for the 22% of Italian VAT...

Kaarme and Aura89 like this.
  9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    those price make me want to start pricing out a new system, really want to see what this 3700x performance is at

10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Delete

11. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Haha, dude. I was actually going to post something like that as a joke, but thought it would be in very bad taste coming from a non-Italian foreigner. But then you say it wouldn't even be a joke... But yeah, if you avoid the VAT, it certainly is easy to sell below the competitors' prices. Years ago you could buy movies, games, and other such things without VAT over here when stores used an autonomous, self-governing island as a proxy, but laws were changed and it became impossible. In that sense I wouldn't be cracking the jokes from any high horse position.

12. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    I know. And I wasn't even in this conversation. Seriously, I'm seeing a lot of very sensitive AMD fans who are going after anyone Intel fan or not for questioning anything to do with this release. Its absurd.

AMD clearly is getting competitive and that's a GOOD thing. To the point where I'd be actually considering them for my main. But reviews are not out. And I don't believe their marketing any more than I believe Intels. I SUSPECT they are going to getting pretty close to Intel in terms of performance. But people are acting like they are not a business. They are and mobo manufactures and retailers are starting to realize AMD is going to be seen probably as decent competition now towards Intel's high end parts. So naturally they will want to make more $. People wanted AMD back, but in order to do that prices have to go up, so obviously again they are a BUSINESS. If people don't want AMD LITE anymore and AMD Performance you are going to have to pay for it.

This your company is evil and my company isn't crap needs to end. They are all the same, just some are in different positions than others.

But you know, it doesn't help the situation when Hilbert writes sometimes sarcastic digs toward Intel. It kinda encourages bickering VS behavior.

Noisiv likes this.
  13. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Unfortunately that's not a joke, MSI and Corsair made a black list some years ago... example (archived, bottom of the page) https://web.archive.org/web/20121216163029/http://it.msi.com/service/wtb/

edit: translated https://translate.google.it/transla...20121216163029/http://it.msi.com/service/wtb/

14. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It's not questioning that is a problem, it's directly stating blatantly false information or outdated information as though is relevant today to try and make any company look bad that is the problem.

If anyone comes to any forum or is able to voice anything they want, they should be expected to be confronted about spewing blatantly false information. This is for ANY company, not just AMD, both intel and nvidia and every single company you can think of.

15. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Every. Single. Time.

It seems that every single AMD thread nowadays is hijacked by a handful of guys who want to throw crap at AMD. Complaining about prices when AMD actually offers the most value by far in their class, complaining about motherboards even though you can use prior-gen boards, complaints by people who would never buy these products anyways. Pages and pages of absurd nonsense while trying to act like they're neutral observers.

After this, I never want to hear an Intel fanboy complaining about AMD fans hijacking their threads.

Arbie, HandR, Ricardo and 4 others like this.

16. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    If i could like this post more, i would.

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Is it so unexpected when those same people come to AMD's threads claiming stuff like "$h*77y this and that"?
    What would be your reaction if thread after thread for next intel's CPU was ridden by people saying that older chipset are not working while they are. Or saying that you can't run memory at speed that you personally run them at? People claiming that they know things about unreleased and untested product.
    Claim after claim you can prove them wrong, and they get on with same things in next thread.
    That's part which is not funny here.

Worst thing is that I am happy that they put that smearing campaign into news section. Because some had that unfortunate idea to post that in AMD's sections where people often look for help or opinion based on experience.
    Leaving those falsehoods unanswered there would be doing disservice to anyone reading our forums. And that would bite us in return later. As some of people posting those things may not mean harm directly. They just came to some wrong belief because they did read it somewhere where nobody opposed to it.

Voicing disagreement is only way you can ensure that reader will realize that there is other something other to think about.
    Especially as some have audacity to lie in things that do not even require technical knowledge to prove as lie.

Like saying that 550 Euro for 3900X is more than expected due to MSRP being 500 USD. This thread would have maybe 2 pages if they just stayed clear of it or just wrote about their opinions instead of making claims.
    = = = =
    I like 3900X a lot. And my plan remains same. I intend to pick it on 7th or in given weekend. There are many tests to be done to know actual clock/voltage/current characteristics.
    Nothing on this forum can spoil that fun for me. But those falsehoods may spoil it for others. Or do them actual harm as they may make wrong choice based on false information.

barbacot likes this.
  18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I assume X570 boards are releasing 7/7 as well? What motherboard is everyone liking? I cheapened out with my current MSI X299 board - I won't make the same mistake this time.

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Really? You're going to comment on this conversation when I said not to?

It's done, move on.

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I hope I can be of help since you get same MB and intend to get same CPU. And sorry for using our conversation if it caused you any kind of discomfort.