Ryzen 3000 processors are getting listed Ryzen 9 3900X for € 550

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 24, 2019.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Ah I didn't know they even sent you the CPUs, I still have an old AM4 APU at home for no other reason than trying to upgrade BIOS.

And yes it sounds like we do share some things about our situation / motivation, only that I was not able to hold out as long as you did, although my last CPU was on LGA 1366 / X58 chipset, so I upgraded once in the meantime.

And for the reason of the CPU pins, I made it a habit to only take off coolers just after I used the rig for something actually stressing the CPU, so the TIM's warm and soft.

Kaarme and airbud7 like this.
  2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    So much for Dollar to Euro conversion for the 3800X...

$399 - €350

I might just get a 3700X then, same Boost Speed anyways.

Still going to wait for reviews though, as i'm not in a rush.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  3. Jawnys

Jawnys Master Guru

GPU:
    asus tuf oc 3090
    im in canada, and right now the 9900k is 650 $ on newegg.ca, i plan to buy the 3900x, i mostly use my pc for gaming, i have two system one system with a 7700k and the other one with a ryzen 2700x, im undecid which system i will sell yet, i plan to upgrade on black friday, so ill have time to read plenty of reviews before chosing my parts

4. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Yeah that's a good way to try and avoid that phenomenon, but not always helps, not if the TIM is already kinda dry...Having a spare CPU will make stuff much easier in that regard but then again, as you said it would be there for the only purpose of bios updating...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019

5. moaka

moaka Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
  6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Wow I am WAY too late to get popcorn at this point...

I don't really think these prices are that bad. Did we already forget that the MSRP of the 1800X was $500? Even when overclocked, it's a hell of a lot worse than the 3800X.
    I can still understand why people might not like these prices, but to them I say: wait. AMD tends to do pretty substantial price drops within the same year of the release date.

I actually would side with AMD's decision here. Most A320 boards are very ill-equipped to handle those high-wattage CPUs. They're made with cheap components and weak VRMs (that often don't have any cooling at all), and I think a lot of them have CMOS chips that are too small to handle the extra code. So, since those boards are basically a big liability for the 3800X or better and they didn't want to give odd exceptions, it makes sense why AMD would be like "we have no official support for these boards at all".
    But... it is still very cool that some manufacturers decided to add support anyway. Nobody expected them to and they did anyway. That's good customer support as far as I'm concerned.

PC customers are getting a CPU that is more than twice as powerful. Not really a good comparison.

7. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    https://www.amazon.com/TUF-Z370-PLUS-Gaming-Z370-Motherboard/dp/B075RJ8WN2?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1

are you done? ;)

PS. I don't care about wifi and BT on board
    1. I have wifi router
    2. Who the hell still uses BT?

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    They're more expensive than expected :/ Also Sweden has some additional taxes so the final price will be even higher.

9. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I would like to see a tiny MB with good VRM and without SB chipset...

edit:even a mATX would be fine without SB chipset, 4 line PCI 4.0 would be free and be enough for most of the common high-end user...

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT

I think it's quite close since the 399$ is without taxes and the EUR price is with taxes. Since here VAT will make it from 350€ to 434€ here for example... It won't be 399 in some places in the USA either it will be more.

It's only off by 8€ so that isn't really that bad...

11. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    "AMD will save us all!" ..... :(

oxidized likes this.
  12. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Last thing on earth anyone should be doing is getting angry at AMD because of their local taxes being added in...! I mean, that's always the way it works, eh? If you think your local VATs are too high then get to work politically in your locale and work to get them changed or eliminated.

Also, anyone who thinks the x370 mboards are "full of bugs" and have all kinds of "ram compatibility problems" is getting his "info" *cough* from the wrong web sites...;) Reminds me of reading Mac websites which tell you why you should stay away from Windows--it's hilarious because their reasoning is often ten-years out of date...! This isn't that bad...but AMD has done miraculous things in the first year post the initial Ryzen release--even with x370 ram compatibility, ram compatibility today is superb. I should know as I've been on x370! My supposedly Intel-only 3200MHz CL16 2x8 DDR4 ram package runs like a dream with x370 now--only took AMD a couple of months last year to get that right. Been purring along fine for the last year. Seriously, though--talk about "buggy"--anyone who has been keeping up with the relative vulnerabilities of AMD Ryzens versus Intel's latest (14nm is it, still?) knows something about "buggy," eh?....;) Intel isn't even competitive with AMD on that score--and it doesn't matter if people think the Intel vulnerabilities don't amount to much--they are still very much identified *bugs* (errata) in Intel cpus that simply do not exist in AMD's Ryzen cpus for one simple reason: Ryzen architecture is simply much newer than what Intel is currently selling. Ryzen was deliberately designed not to be vulnerable in those areas where Intel architectures still very much are. Seems like a heck of a good reason on its own to eschew Intel and move to Ryzen, eh? Seems like a no-brainer, really.

13. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    So a shop lists a 12c/24t CPU for € 550 and people think it's too expensive?
    Need I remind you people that the closest 12-core competitor, the Core i9 9920X, is $1200 USD?

14. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I never understood this mentality since they are a business. When AMD has actual market share we will see some reduced prices which we are already seeing Intel lower pricing . Most importantly we will see actual competition and innovation. Think about where we are right now and do we really think Intel had planned to have 8-core CPU's out by 2018? What is Intel's response going to be like for IceLake and the generation after that ? Intel is going to be making the best CPU's and GPU's they can which is not what was happening prior as they were sandbagging core counts for 4-5 years. Watch over the next 5 years then compare it to the 2010-2015 timeframe when Intel had no competition and I promise CPU performance in mainstream parts will have a much larger increase. I'm pulling for AMD because we need actual competition to speed up progress.

15. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    At least quote me. I'm not complaining about any VAT honestly, i don't know where you get that from. I'm reading news from not biased websites, that's where, not sure about you guys. They are full of bugs...still...They've improved that but still at this point it's faster if you get a x470. Ram compatibility is superb, rofl, if that is superb intel's is what? Intel's vulnerabilities the classic best excuse AMD fans like to use, oh well...If it seems like a no brainer for you do it, for me it's very hard to pick one, i guess i'll have everything clear once they come out, but as of now saying they're a "no-brainer" sounds kinda biased. Oh and also, i don't think anybody here is angry at AMD, nobody in the right mind would be.

Didn't you know? AMD is jesus and intel is satan, this is the new new-testament...

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You got the colors wrong.

17. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    $500 is ~ €440 + 23% VAT (€101 in this case of Portugal) = €540. Less than €10 over MSRP.

The 3700x is listed at €362. Theoretically for me should be €342 with 18% VAT. Sounds good.

18. moaka

moaka Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
  19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah it's comments like this that make me realize how little knowledge your posts are going on about.

You're acting like it's still the very beginning of Ryzen 1000 release. Like there haven't been years for them to release new updates and fix issues and support their products.

I'm not going to say ALL x370 boards are perfect now, because that's not reality, just as ALL z390 boards are not perfect. All developers have their own budgets for support of their products and some developers just aren't as good as others, as well as physical limitations make some products simply not good. It doesn't matter what if it's an intel named board or AMD named board, they all have issues, ESPECIALLY boards for brand new architectures that have never been out "in the wild"

I'm not going to deny that when ryzen first came out, boards were buggy. To any knowledgeable person, this was to be expected, as similar, if not worse issues have happened to Intel on brand new architectures as well. But it's really not an issue anymore, and the fact that YOU do not know this, just shows that YOU do not have accurate information on the topics you're talking about yet YOU continue to make comments.........

Yeah..........just showing how little information you are actually working off of.

Go look as MSI, asrock, Asus, gigabyte, and etc. and see what they are supporting. Obviously not all of them are supporting them on the a320, but most, if not all, are supporting them on b350 and x370. Again, not all, but you're making it out to be this thing that maybe they are only going to support a few models on the x370 and x470.....no...hahahahahaha....no....seriously, go out, look up information, come back with the long lists from each manufacturer, and do some actual research before you post.

Sorry bud, but nothing you are posting is accurate.....because nothing you are litterally posting about is a reality, it's based off of half-truths many of which were only true 2 years ago, not true for today, but you're just jumping right in.....saying it's still the same today....without doing any actual research......it's sad really.

So you're just seeing the ryzen prices for the first time and don't see 1000 or 2000 series prices that are exactly the same, actually, better now then ever? Ah, i get it you have a blindfold on.

Not mad at intel, irritated at all these nonsensical posts, as anyone who uses even a small bit of logic would be.

Ricardo and Fox2232 like this.
  20. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Intel's RAM compatibility is just normal. Ryzen's was below normal when it was new, but it being a totally new architecture it's understandable. I don't know about now, but I imagine it's getting close to normal. Intel's Core architecture is old already, so it's understandable there's little tweaking they need to do. Intel's RAM compability being perfect is just a myth. I had to return to the store the first RAM kit I got when building this machine because the PC wouldn't even boot no matter what I tried. With the second kit, that I still have, I needed to boot with only a single module installed as with both modules it was no good. With the single module I could update to a brand new bios and only then I could use both of them. However, I don't hold that against Intel at all, as I expect such things with all PC hardware. My distaste for Intel comes from them halting their tech development for the duration of no competition, so it's not technology related at all, it's policy related. I dislike Intel because of the greedy idiot execs/CEOs they had back then (most of them are replaced already, I believe).

carnivore and Aura89 like this.