Ryzen 3000 processors are getting listed Ryzen 9 3900X for € 550

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I love how AMD said A320 motherboards wouldn't work, and some motherboard manufacturers said "Here, hold my beer!"

Ricardo and Alessio1989 like this.
  2. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Source, thank you? I at least have the chart Hilbert provided to go by.

3. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Are you people genuinely not quite right in the head these days? This thing hasn't even been released yet. E-tailers will be having a field day price gouging until there's enough volume in the pipeline for the prices to settle down to something reasonable. That said, the MSRP is what it is. Add your local VAT and that's where the initial price is going to be.

fredgml7, Ricardo, H83 and 1 other person like this.
  4. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I´m glad Hilbert posted this so other members can see for themselves the wonderfull prices we pay in Portugal thanks to that lovely 23% VAT... The good news is that the prices are a little higher than normal in order to milk the early adopters/buyers and there are cheaper stores so i woudln´t be surprised if in a few months the prices of the 3900X, 3800X and 3700X drop to around 510€, 400€ and 320€ respectively.

Personally the prices are just a little higher than i expected but nothing out of the ordinary because Intel CPUs are simply too expensive so AMD can prices their own a little higher. Also the only Ryzens that i like are the 3700X and the 3600, that has already a very nice price. Great CPU for a mainstream gaming system.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Arbie likes this.

5. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Guys :D

ryzen 3000 + b450 will be a cheap new build for whoever wants to try a new pc in 2019. I do not think there is much to argue about this.

Also please stop comparing a 12c price to a 8c price, now that ipc is similar ( or better, would love to see a benchmark between equally clocked 9th gen from intel and 3rd gen from amd ) there are a couple of hundred mhz more on the 9900k.

Intel fanboys will attack ryzen prices on the first week, that will be driven by high request. We all know that in september/october prices will be leveled to market rules, both AMD and INTEL.

6. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Well i just wanted to be optimist, but i knew very well those wouldn't be the launch prices VAT included, i just took the best case scenario, that's all.

Yeah like any shop does that, please, if i buy it on amazon they won't do it, or at least not here in europe, and very very few should would update the bios for you before shipping, and they might even charge you for that.

I'm no intel fanboy, you on the other side act and talk like a proper AMD fan. One reason is the fact i pointed out a few lines above, to update the bios you need an older CPU, and few shop will do that for you, and for free also, RAM compatibility, optane compatibility, ease of install and of maintenance, AM4 has a shi**y mounting bracket, and pin on the motherboard are much better than on CPU since those are far harder to bend. On the CPU side, the faster performance in single threaded are already a good reason alone. And that all is only for less than 40€. I'll believe it when i see it.

Check a few lines above.

Yeah get a x370 ridden with countless bugs and shi**y compatibility with RAM, also i wonder how many x370 mobos will make it possible to use a ryzen 3000 on them, AMD might have promised support for the same platform till 2021, but motherboard manufacturer won't update every single of them, in fact they'll only update flagship or high end ones, that is for x470, x370 will probably be flagship only, if at all, i'd be happy to be proven wrong, but i don't think that'll happen. If better VRM and better RAM compatibility, toghether with a faster PCH are something you don't need well why upgrade at all. Seems to me my post was pretty accurate, you just don't want to see what's in your eyes because you're angry at intel, and nothing is going to change that.

You too make it sound so easy like every motherboard will be updated to support newer CPUs and like it's something you get out of the box...

Good, looking forward to that!

7. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    You REALLY should take a cold shower and calm down.
    What I meant is that AMD is now ready (confident enough) to drop the "budget" badge attached to their CPU's platform and move to premium based on the fact that 500 euro CPU are in the premium price range - that's it! - do you want me to explain to you on syllables??? Why so aggressive???

I own a 2700x system for everyday use and a i9900k for Photoshop and Premiere so no fanboy here (red or blue)...

WalterDasTrevas likes this.
  8. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    He's mad angry at intel as many others in here, he thoughts anyone is intel's shill or worker, while sounding he himself an AMD fan more than anyone. All he needs is even a slight doubt on anything AMD related and he explodes.

typhon6657 likes this.
  9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Your problems, not mine. Options exist. While you have trouble, others may not.

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I have an older CPU laying around here, had to do this update thing already, so I feel you on this one. That's true, a point to think about when not buying x570 boards but something like x470 instead. On the other hand, a good manufacturer sends out BIOS chips like ASrock did for me when I bought a B350 mainboard for my HTPC's 2400G. Sent me a chip without extra cost which arrived in three days time. There's always a way to do it properly, but you are right generally.

RAM comp indeed is a good reason to go for the newer boards, that's true.

The mounting probably will stay the same, but tbh, if the big issue is that the pins are on the CPU, I hope you did not have CPUs like in the old days, where they all came with the pins on the die, not the mainboard :D

Not sure if optane's a reason to choose your mainboard after with 90% of user's interests. For all it's worth, I don't give a damn about optane. Overpiced for nothing, just like PCIe 4.0 atm. Hence my being hesitant to just go with the newest mainboard, just because I want to avoid a useless active chipset cooling. I'm still curious to see what Intel will do once they adapt PCIe 4.0 down the road.

If you're referring to how often you get BIOS updates with what you mentioned as "maintenance", I got none with my Intel board... they (ASUS) pretty much took a dump on me eventhough I bought a board as expensive as some of the x570 boards which are expected to be more pricey than the "older" AMD boards. So honestly, I don't trust any manufacturer to be "user friendly" when it comes to late BIOS updates... and with AMD at least now there's the hope you don't need them too often. With Intel I would have had to update my BIOS four times by now... AMD once. Hard to say, but if I understood you correctly, I might have to argue since this point is a win for AMD in my book.

But all of this is rather useless since we hardly have all the facts... and if Intel does release a price dump on their CPUs, they might grab a few more sales etc.
    We shall see once we get revies and benchmarks, I'm fairly sure somebody will ask just the same questions as me:
    Does Ryzen3k even boot with older BIOS?
    Does it perform worse with x470?
    Does it OC worse with x470?
    What is Ryzen3k's actual performance?

Aura89 and airbud7 like this.

11. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Finally someone who doesn't sound mad angry, thanks.

The mounting bracket and the pins are not a big issue, but they surely are better on intel parts, this fact alone isn't going to make me buy an intel processor instead of an AMD one, when the AMD one is better, that's just stupid to do, but it's a reason among others.

I know about that thing where they send you a CPU to update the bios for free, but it's a hassle and plus you need to wait more time to get your system going.
    Oh, well optane isn't something i'm VERY interested in, but it's another reason, that's the point of my previous post, reasons to pick one instead of the other, AMD has too, but at least in my opinion they're just not as worth as much as intel's. PCIe 4.0 is useless for everybody i know, but that's not the reason i would pick a x570 either, the reasons are those i already pointed out, and among them, better VRM, RAM support, and a generally faster PCH, not sure about more pcie lanes.

No, with maintenance i referred as to take apart the system for cleaning, and changing thermal paste, which it always (or almost) results in risking bending pins on AMD because pulling up the heatsink the CPU will come up attached to it, and it's not even that easy to separate it from the heatsink, again more risk of bending pins, which ok, are surely easier to bend back instead those of a LGA socket, but still...

We don't have all the facts 100% certain, but stuff is coming up, and it's looking like performance are good, but not better than some intel parts, which cost slightly more, i.e. 9900K. The other answers i don't have for certain, but one can assume it's not going to change that much since it's the same architecture, surely it's a big improvement, from an already very good product...

12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    How is this even relevant? Core i10 the old core i9 and core i7. And by this logic it would be core i11. Anyway grats that you got yourself binned 9900k and are going to de lid that and get to to run stupidly high clocks that would melt an iceberg.

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    These prices seem really decent. 9900K is more then the 12 core part. What is there not to like. We are getting similar performance for 100-200€ less and more performance for less too. What are people expecting what the actual hell really. Also we can use X370, X470 and X570 motherboards. X370 and 470 are pretty much equal with any intel Z board while X570 offers something Intel does not.

Arbie, moo100times and Ricardo like this.
  14. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Another article about ryzen 3000 another reply talking about your 9900 ! I guess see you on the next thread too! I admire your consistency!

15. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    PC customers footing the bill for AMD so Sony can sell there console for 499 :p

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You have some special skill. I am yet to achieve this effect.

17. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Yeah sure.

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hey, sure, if we're talking nice, why should I be mad? I have no reason to defend either of them, I'm just trying to find the best for my usage scenario and plans. And if we all calm down and stop calling others names etc. and obviously troll other people, we could have a nice conversation like you and I do, as I think.

I'm again not sure if I'll upgrade to AMD or Intel, I'm in doubt with both tbh. Was going to just go with AMD because of Intel's faults, but I'm all but sold on x570's mainboards and features compared to x470.

Oh ASrock sent me a BIOS chip itself, not a CPU. Just taking one chip out and putting the other one in, didn't know that was even possible but yeah, would have had to wait, which is a PITA, but as I said, if you know about it you just wait for a few days longer / go for it right away. I honestly felt a little tricked since AMD did say their boards are compatible, so I took it for granted, and sadly I didn't bother to read into things enough to know it requires either an older CPU (which you have to come by first) or a BIOS chip (which only is available at the manufacturer). So yeah... partially my fault, partially AMD's, at least in my opinion.

Absolutely agree with you on VRM and RAM support, like I said. Especially with those newer CPUs higher clocked RAM right from the start is a definite selling point for me.

I honestly don't change TIM that often, maybe every two to three years at best, especially as I do plan to put my rig under water again. But I understand your "concern" about it.

My main issues with Intel at this point is how all those vulnerabilities were treated. Not that I do believe anybody would care to hack my gaming rig for that matter, but I honestly feel like they did not care enough about my, admittedly aging, but once top not enthusiast platform. I did not get any BIOS updates from ASUS for a crazy expensive board back then (Rampage 5 Extreme), a 500+€ CPU (5930K) which is "cut down" in performance due to design choices which Intel made, still feels like they only left users the choice to upgrade. And then the next issue / exploit came. And the next, and a fourth. And we don't even know if Intel still manages to fix those. But hey, newer CPUs do get fixes... clearly this is understandable, it's a business practice, but I don't have to like that. And I paid top money for my hardware... only to get lacking support, that just simply left a sour taste behind.
    If the reasoning behind this is making me an "angry" guy in your eyes, I can't help it, but I honestly felt a bit cheated and left behind there.

As with AMD, I honestly want to support them since they did a good job at redesigning their CPUs, invested in a new node and introduced many features which seemed more modern to me... may I personally need them, or not. Just feels / reads like they do more for PC hardware advancements in the CPU / mainboard field than Intel has done in the past years. Also, Intel stuff was never cheap, but the rudimentary performance improvements really fast felt like they did simply tone down their hardware enough to keep people upgrading more often... which does not make me, as a customer that tries to inform himself before buying, get the impression of them offering us the best they could for what money we spend. With AMD I do have the impression, for what I pay they give me the best they have to offer. Very subjective, but that's what AMD obviously builds on, giving people the impression of getting good stuff for reasonable money, not sure if this changes with increased mainboard prices for newer standards you can hardly make use of (PCIe 4.0?).

Tha's just my impression / opinion on things, if anybody needs to bash it, so be it, but at least I'm trying to reason my way through this buyer's decision.

Honestly, this happened to me once, with my first self built PC. Once, and I still worry every time I seat a CPU. EVERY TIME. :D

airbud7 likes this.
  19. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    $249 for a 3600X seems about right (except for the early hype and expectations), but it will be $299 once sold in my country, but I guess that's just the life of a tax slave.

20. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Well i don't know, i just know others are, for no reason like at all...

Believe it or not, i'm in the same situation, i was waiting for AMD chips as i don't really like in general the 9900K but after what i've seen with the latest leaks, i'm not so sure about what to do.
    Oh ok, i misunderstood it, but there was actually a program where AMD would've sent you a compatible CPU just to update your BIOS and send it back, all for free.
    It's incredible how i found someone i agree with. AMD surely offers the best they have for the money you pay, that's a fact, unlike intel, which has been overpricing their stuff for the latest years, for lack of competition yes, so that's slightly even AMD's fault, but still, what intel did is something that sounds like "abuse of pre-dominant market position". That's the reason why i was mainly looking at AMD for upgrading - my system is too old, i'm just trying to keep this as long as i can, but it has already started showing its age, work programs i use and latest games don't really behave that good so yeah...

It happens to EVERYONE, especially if you use the stock TIM, you may not bend any pins, but it's surely coming up together with the heatsink, so the risk is pretty high.

fantaskarsef likes this.