ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ Is Now Available

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 21, 2019.

1. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    It's exceptionally stupid considering Acer's Predator CG437KP has a proper 4K, 43" screen that runs @ 144hz with 1000 nits and is going to be around 1400 bucks.

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    But that monitor has no local dimming, is slower and pulls the panel from high volume TVs (it's a normal aspect ratio).

I think price on the 35VQ is dumb but i don't consider the 437KP an alternative at all. I'm also starting to think buying a monitor before miniLED shows up is a mistake to begin with.

Maddness and Loobyluggs like this.
  3. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    A well planned heist could get each of us two PG35VQ; going down in history would just be a bonus.

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    You never know, some noob might name his gaming chair 'slick' and not just because of the pizza-grease.

ToxicTaZ likes this.

5. ELIAS-E

ELIAS-E Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI
    Official price 3400$.
    This is completely unacceptable for a VA Panel!!!

6. AKDragonPC

AKDragonPC Member

GPU:
    1080 ti FTW3 Hybrid
    You can pick up a 2019 LG C9 55" OLED for less than that monitor, pricing is a joke, lol.

7. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    having 512 zones, when most tvs at 65 are using 400 is a big difference.
    part of the reason its expensive.

and there will be enough on this planet with the cash to buy it, so dont see any brand going away from sellling stuff for multiple times what its actually worth.
    works with other brands like apple/bose the same way.
    and i rather buy this, than spend 1000 every 2y on a phone..

8. MADEVIL

MADEVIL Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080Ti
    What a damn shame on the price and I had friends that offered to buy my old monitor when I said I wanted this when they announced it years ago but I'll be damned to pay that.

9. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Is it just me or has monitor prices gone insane? i bought the asus PG279Q on release, this was their top end super high refresh rate, IPS lovely screen, still using it to this day perfectly fine, and i thought that was a bit crazy when i picked it up for around £650, now these new high end monitors are reaching insane prices for 2/3/4/5 grand, like what? it isn't even like the tech that is being used is new tech OLED has been out for years now, and you can get a OLED TV for far cheaper with higher resolution than what these offer for cheaper, with many having 120hz screens on them now too... only thing they often miss is Gsync

10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Sadly, that is not the point - I can afford this, multiple times over no problem at all, it's that this is aimed at the gaming market, and just because you put flames down the side of it, will not mean you are any better at gaming. At all. In any way. Whatsoever.

Gamers need high quality products, this is true - but this is clearly a price-gouging exercise to see what they can get away with.

The ancillary point I made above is really where it's at: mini/micro-LED's are nearly here (finally!) and it is this that will donimate all panels: tv, monitors, phones (maybe), tablets (maybe) and so, spending this level of molah right now on LCD tech is backward.

If you want HQ image and have to have it right now, there are other, lower-cost options out there.

Spending money on this is just stupidity at its highest level - and Guru3D members are not stupid!

11. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I can see why it would be expensive, but this expensive? nah... its more for the brand than anything else, like you said with apple

Though i don't know many people who spend 1k on a phone every 2 years, not anymore these days. Most people i know buy a 500-800 flagship phone and keep it for 3/4 years or till it dies
    I mean i got my v30 when it first came out for £800, and just got a £11 montly sim contract that gives me unlimited mins/texts

12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    If I hadn't put my 4s in the washing machine, I'd still be using it. But that's another topic.

Ricepudding likes this.
  13. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    oh sure, for a va panel its crap for the price, was noy really about just this, but ppl in general now complaining about high prices, yet have no interest to show that to the companies by not opening their wallet...
    with larger market it works quick (nv and 20xx), but with small areas like this moni, i doubt asus expected to sell millions.

14. gydj

gydj Guest

Damn, I was hesitating to buy one of those $1,500 49 inch ultra wide HDR monitors... guess that is a bargain....

15. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    I think its too big for competitive Esport FPS.Above than 27 inch size effect your accuracy.But specs are good.

16. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    Not only do I strongly agree with this but I'll go several steps above, for me who ordered and returned 3 different very expensive 1000+ "gaming" monitors, selling a VA panel as a high-end gaming monitor is scam, pure and simple scam, this should not be legal. It doesn't work for games and never will, so they are knowingly selling a defective product.
    There's HQ for a high price and there's LQ for a lower budget ok, but it's much worse than this, they don't work at all, the worst experience I had was purple streaks half a freaking 35" screen long !
    17" long purple inverted colors streak and this is sold as if it was "okay" NO it absolutely isn't this is a huge problem with VA and only VA
    (it was the worst case Acer Predator 35" something I don't even want to remember)
    that was me after testing VA panels enough said ><

I currently have an Asus VG278H 27" 120Hz TN monitor that is getting old the day it dies I may stop gaming on PC as I have never seen anything else that comes close to what it does
    almost perfect black frame insertion

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  17. ACFlightdeck

ACFlightdeck Guest

"Available Now"....Umm where exactly is it available now??!? No major retailer, e-tailer, or even small retailer/e-tailer has listed this product for sale on their website. Please provide the link or the the retailer where it's "available now". Complete hogwash and complete click bait. How are you going to put a title like "Available now" yet not provide the consumers with any information in terms of where it's "available now" LOL.

18. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @ToxicTaZ
    lol.
    and lol again.
    no one needs any of that. please show me mass market monis that had those oh so needed specs 10 or 20y ago? right.
    funny that no one had a problem with that for +10y.
    and no one needs +75 hz for anything but fps (you do know ppl are also playing games that arent fps?)
    same with any of the other things.

there is no 4K gaming?!
    funny how i can run all my games (F1/NFS/Tropico...) and even most of my shooters at 4K or even (upscaled) 5K with a gtx1080...
    please let me know what you smoke, cause i want some too :D

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Wat

20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    It is 'avaliable now...for pre order'

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...1000-ultra-wide-gaming-monitor-mo-0a5-as.html