Smoking Weed/ your thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 22, 2017.

1. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Yes ... and I'm legal where and why I do.

airbud7 likes this.
  2. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    I used to when I was a kid Id wake n bake everyday religiously, Recently with my heart attack I can't take the HIGH of it. Reminded me too much of my heart attack again, I'm all for medical research on curing cancer and many other issue's. Funny thing is medical doctors will tell you if your getting HIGH they wont treat you for a disease(apparently there the only drug dealers allowed to practice). I don't even drink no more, why most of you r still alive..................Do the math.:D Oh yeah im 55 almost 6.

airbud7 likes this.
  3. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Thank you so much for that comment jaggerwild^ .....Love you!

PS: would you for once drop at least one hand on your avatar!....Love ya Bro!...:D

4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I miss My Daddy!

jaggerwild likes this.

5. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Excelsior! What about Stan Lee, lived to be 95?
    Cinemaniax: Did you ever try marijuana?
    Stan Lee: No. I hardly ever smoked a cigarette. People read into the fact that I called the character Mary Jane, but honestly, I had no idea it was a nickname for marijuana. I never understood why people take drugs. They’re habit forming and they can kill you. I didn’t need anything to pep me up or make me feel more creative, and I didn’t need them to help me with women.
    https://wearecinemaniax.com/2014/03/21/stan-lee-talks-spider-man-jessica-alba-batman-and-marijuana/

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  6. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Used to smoke it socially in my teens, but now use it (on rare occasions) for self-reflection, sorting out any underlying mental and emotional issues that are getting in the way.

Fully recommend not smoking weed if you're going through psychosis, however. Been to Hell and back in that state of mind.

7. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    A strong statement and one I disagree with.

Is the person smoking weed to relieve pain, an idiot? What about the person that enjoys a smoke to relax to some music after a hard days work?

This life is infinitely complex in nature, there are too many factors and scenarios being played out to justify simple labeling. Sometimes you've gotta' look past the cultural conditioning.

Here's something -

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/08/us/denver-magic-mushrooms-decriminalization.html

https://futurism.com/the-byte/mdma-clinical-trials-enrollment-sites

The world is changing, rapidly, towards its stance on 'drugs.'

8. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    It seems you've got ignorant not doing it.

Icanium likes this.
  9. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Personally i hate the stuff, but i still always felt it should be decriminalized. Honestly in my experiences, i found it to be relatively harmless.
    I never bought into the whole "gateway" theory, i know some older folks who smoke weed and they never went through the "gate".

If someone is going to get into harder stuff, they would have done it anyway, imho.

airbud7 likes this.
  10. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Some common sense and responsibility can do wonders for people.

I for one intend to, someday, create my own batch of magic shrooms, consume 5grams (considered a heroic dose) and sit in silent darkness and explore my eternal consciousness.

airbud7 likes this.
  11. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Yea^....Thats what I'm talking bout.....:p

12. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    The war on drugs a.k.a the war on human consciousness is over. We're on the cusp of the next stage of evolution and a lot of it is going to be based around these government-sanctioned, terrifying substances.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyone a Mike Tyson fan?

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    So then what's your excuse?

drandiiski likes this.
  14. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Ah... our resident teetotaler, and general Mrs. Kravits.... Oh...a Looby Like too....I can see why he's a fan. I don't get these prohibition folks. What are they scared of?

15. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    It isn't entirely an individuals fault for having such an opinion.
    It's the result of decades of legit brainwashing by governments, media, big pharma and other corporate interests that have always had their own agendas for human health, behaviour and well-being.

16. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    NO, No, no. the agenda is greed. Health, behavior and well being is just the means to legitimize the brainwashing. Did you ever read "Drug War Rant?

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

17. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Personally, it's my belief that there are some people in high places of society that are so immensely deranged and wicked that it goes beyond greed for them.

Controlling a person's perceptions of the world and what they're truly capable of is worth more to those type of people than money ever can or will.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Serotonin likes this.
  18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    It's a plant. A plant. They have put it in people's heads that a plant is illegal. Something grown organically out of the earth, man has put rules on. It's ridiculous. All said agendas will slowly let go of those rules as long as they start making money off it now. Once it's taxable, it's suddenly harmless, even possibly beneficial.

Phragmeister, dark_surge and airbud7 like this.
  19. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Bam!...you hit the nail on the head my friend.

Serotonin likes this.
  20. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    The same process will eventually happen with magic mushrooms (psilocybin,) LSD and DMT.

Some footage of the effects of LSD on British marines (1964.)

Regarding DMT (Dimethyltryptamine), there's some speculation that the hallucinogen is produced in the human body, in the lungs, the brain, and the pineal gland, especially during REM sleep and upon death.

Bit of a rabbit hole looking into DMT. It's basically what got me asking questions about the nature of reality.

[​IMG]

"The name of the pineal gland comes from its pinecone-like shape. It is said that the pinecone was revered by ancient pagan people as the fruit (or seed) of the evergreen - a symbol which is connected to ideas of eternal life."

There's extremely little scientific information about the substance since being illegal makes it almost impossible for labs to test it.

In the early 1980's, a man by the name of Dr. Rick Strassman was fortunate enough to acquire funding and permissions to study DMT in a controlled environment. He went on to publish a book - 'DMT - The Spirit Molecule' which documents his work and findings.

Since there's still a lot of red tape around these substances, information is still lacking and slow to materialize. Perhaps someday we'll have more answers as to what these substances are, our relationship to them and how they can benefit humanity.

TekkMarine likes this.