AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.6.1 Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by KyleStilkey, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I am first time seeing that weird colors while installing the driver. I saw some of you mentioned it. After its done and restarted everything seems to be fine. Btw, memory clock still stuck.

Kutep0v likes this.
  2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Do these drivers have the new features
    Anti Lag
    Sharpening
    ?

3. Kutep0v

Kutep0v Member

GPU:
    3080 Ti GameRock OC
    I've always seen it when installing 19.5.1, 19.5.2 and 19.6.1 drivers on 1903. Pink screen, but the reboot button is still visible.

Someone on the previous page mentioned high memory clock even with single display. In my case, everything is fine.

Undying likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    In my case it was blue. :D

5. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Okay, time for some feedback.

No weird colors during the installation of this particular driver package. I DDU'd everything prior to installation, no corrupted system files or anything, Windows is in tip top shape. However, there's a momentary color blink at the welcome/username screen at startup.

The issues of getting TV like white noise after waking up from sleep doesn't seem to have been resolved. However, I do not have the memory clock stuck at max bug/issue that some of you have reported, I am using the RX 570 4GB if that helps.

I think this driver undervolt/has better stability slightly, as in an unstable undervolt will crash a bit later than the last release. This could be placebo or can be down to a mix of multiple other things like the background apps being used, etc.

The primary use case for this PC of mine is Adobe Premiere, Browsing, writing scripts for videos, casual gaming (as in not competitive gaming) and I currently have Apex Legends, BloodRayne 2, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Far Cry New Dawn, Metro Exodus, RAGE 2, Resident Evil 2 and The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt installed. Among these, I am currently playing RE2. I have found that maxing out The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt or Metro Exodus at high settings can be a good stability test for the card, specially if you're undervolting. I currently have my RX 570 4GB undervolted to 950 mV instead of the stock 1150 mV that the stock configuration suggests.

For those who have tried multiple RE2 stutter fixes to no avail, setting Shader Cache to On within the Gaming tab of the AMD Radeon Settings, as well as setting Steam to offline mode has cured 95% of it. You can turn the texture down a notch (as in if you're on a 4GB card, setting it to High 3GB makes it even smoother) to have a better gaming experience. There are some places where it'll stutter regardless, like in the main hall.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    BlackZero, Jackalito and MS-DOS like this.
  6. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    same

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Well crap I got most of time lime color :p

Undying likes this.
  8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    [​IMG]

9. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    I fixed all of the stutters in RE2 by doing the following.
    Set refresh rate to 60Hz
    Set vsync to ON
    Set FPS cap to 60 (even though vsync caps it at 60 by default, setting this setting to 60 seems to help)
    After I did these 3 things, the game will not stutter whatsoever the entire playthrough I did. Even in the flooded hallway after the first zombie breaks through the window where I would always get stuttering no matter what. These settings fixed that as well. This game seems to be very heavily focused on 60fps performance. Even if your frame rate goes way above 60, you'll see stutters until you force it to cap it at 60. I also disable freesync on this game, but that's just because I was using vsync at 60hz in which case freesync wasn't active anymore anyway.

Romulus_ut3 likes this.
  10. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    naah it will be in 19.7.1 cuz new cards will be released on 1 half of july

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Jackalito likes this.
  12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    They have wddm 2.6 if you have compatible windows version.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Also on the 1903.175 and these work fine. They also fixed some fan issues i've been having (not saving on profile on boot). Only thing they need to fix now is that memory clock getting stuck on multiple monitors and im happy.

Jackalito and LocoDiceGR like this.
  14. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    For me transparency effects being enabled does nothing

15. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Also when it's broken, if you switch in the multi-desktop view, the wallpaper in the background may wrongly displayed depending on the resolution ratio..

Jackalito and LocoDiceGR like this.

16. Boiii

Boiii Guest

Is anyone else's undervolt acting completely crazy with the new drivers? My previous settings for the Vega 64 were:
    P7: 1632 at 1075mV (anything lower would crash)
    PT: +10%
    Floor/Voltage control: 1075 mV
    Real clock: 1600mhz +- a bit (depending on the benchmark/game)

Now, things are going crazy (beginning with the pink screen after the installation). The power target slider has no effect whatsoever, and my system seems to be stable at the following settings:
    P7:1632 at 1025mV
    Pt: no effect
    Floor/Voltage control: 1025mV
    Real clock: 1550 +-

If i lower the P7 to 1000 I get a bit lower clock (1520+-), so above and below the 1025 mark the clock decreases (yes, if I leave it at 1200mV or anywhere higher than 1050 I get 1510-1540, same (or even lower) as with 1000mV.

However, its not as if the whole thing wouldn't work: I got a flowmeter (I hope thats the right word) at the socket, and it clearly shows that my fiddling has an effekt on the power consumption. At stock 1200 the System consumes around 400 W (Superposition benchmark), with 1025 mV around 330 W and at 1000mV around 315 W (it's fluctuating a bit depending on the scene etc.).

I'm a bit lost here.

17. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    That doesn't seem wrong to me, going by my own experiences with Vega.

At 1200mV you're probably hitting a power or temp wall at the stated frequencies.

At 1000-1025mV you're probably at the point where voltage is lacking to make the card boost further. In my experience I'll never actually reach p7, at least not under the power constraints I'm enforcing, and I found that increasing the range of p7 (currently at 1742MHz) while bumping the p7 voltage slightly allowed my card to boost higher.

It's a very delicate balance though and exactly what any card can/will do seems quite individual.

The drivers may well have affected something but the overall behavior you're seeing is in line with my own experiences.

18. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    atikmdag and dxgkrnl.sys caused THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD, hurray!

19. tiptop

tiptop Member

GPU:
    Sappire RX Vega 56
    Just in case, do you use some features of AIDA64 (like OSD panel)?

The same BSOD started to happen with my PC somewhere in May. I tried different video drivers, it didn't help. It was a really inconsistent, random BSOD. Well, two days ago I finally looked through some BSOD tutorials on the Win10 Forums, installed WinDBG and inspected my logs. Well, in my case the culprit was the latest version of AIDA64 (6.00.5100), installed exactly in the end of May. I've constantly used AIDA64's OSD panel to monitor GPU/CPU/HDD sensors on my desktop for YEARS, and it never caused a BSOD, not a single time... Well, until the latest release. I removed AIDA64 from autostart and closed the OSD panel, and now my PC is stable again.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Im glad you find the problem :)