Windows update(win10 x64) went wrong: pc not booting anymore, error 0d or 0b on motherboard

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by kilyan, Jun 12, 2019.

1. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    HI, yesterday my pc updated itself, when i pressed reboot and update, pc didn't boot. I tried to reboot several times but same result. What i noticed is that the pc into the chassis works as intended, all leds working, all fans spinning. As soon i have to power the peripheals, they don't receive electricity, this includes mouse, keyboard and monitor. I'm quite sure nothing is broken, is just temporary unavailable. Anyone experienced this weird problem, and if yes, how was solved?

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    as is most oft the case, the failure of a computer occurs during a power cycle.

use your motherboard book to identify the error code.

3. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    it basically says could be everything: ram, cpu or vga, not much helpful

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I suspect coincidence.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    pull the power from the psu and hit the button to discharge it, leave it for 5 minutes then plug it back in and try again.

6. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    If you know what your bios settings were, also pull the battery. If that does not work, what has solved it for me was reflashing the bios using Afudos with switches P B N K.

7. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Ok the cmos button worked flawlessly, and when i reenabled (enable) precision boost overderive (it's auto by default) it didn't boot again. So i assume my pc doesn't like this setting anymore, shame it worked well so far:(. I should be positive nothing broke, but is bittersweet

8. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Looks like pbo enabled now requires more juice, even to just boot....It changed like this suddenly.. but it needs too effort to tweak it to produce less heat, so i stay on pbo auto

9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    After the current cumulative update Tuesday, revisited my CPUs oc. Turned out the oc was not stable any longer. Making the oc stable again required upping the offset voltage two steps. No bios settings changed. Only the update was applied. So they are reworking a lot things that affect how Ryzen works.

10. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    i'm on build 1809

11. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    In meantime i updated to 1903, because i heard ryzen schedule is fixed. I than decided to try the pbo enabled with the negative offset method, where pbo works at its best, since less heat produce higher clocks. For some magic with both Soc And vcore LLC 5, vcore negative offset -0.100, Soc voltage fixed to 1.0125 that effectively is 1.000, my pc boots and also can play, and during gaming vcore is always under 1.4v and the temps never go above 60°c. Guess i have a very lucky silicon piece. The max boost reached is 4250 against 4100 wih all voltages and pbo auto.