Commandos 2 - HD Remaster

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TheDeeGee, Jun 12, 2019.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    everyone smells money in a remaster these days. i wish remakes were more common.

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    It's because everything that comes out nowadays is hot dog ****.

I'm glad they're remastering old games to work flawless on modern systems.

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well for me , gameplay mechanics will feel outdated and will get boring. ive bought several remasters of games, and i play none. sure this game was fun in 2001 , but not anymore. (also because its been played to death already)

5. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I have fond memories from Commandos, but it is very true, that the novelty of remastered games wears out quickly and most people (me including) will not even finish them once ..

6. gronetwork

gronetwork Guest

It looks good. I really liked this games and its mission when it was out. I don't know why they suddenly stopped to develop this kind of games. The only one that is about to get a release soon is Desperados 3. Of course, with Sudden Strike, Company of Heroes, Blitzkrieg, we can try to find the type of atmosphere that we can get with Commandos, but the sensations are different.

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Gamescom trailer for the enhanced commandos 2

TheDeeGee likes this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well i think the bar for remasters is going up all the time, but how many games gonna get the full treatment? probably rare few that sold big and has a bit of cult following, hell fallout 1 2 anyone? oh wait modders are taking care of that, bethesda cant half arse that so they not gonna even try.

the console hits of past gens getting the best of the lot simply because they were mega hits on those systems. commandos a niche game among older gamers? you got nostalgia for the series this is for you and that is about it. and clearly for that it is well done effort to make the assets look way better.

9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    While I do love me some remasters, especially this one, we need new IPs and that's that man!!! new games new ideas!!! something to make us feel like were we were kids again man! I am tired of all these milked ideas that "they" are trying to "squeeze" on us! It maybe working for all them youngsters out there, but not for an old dog like me lol! or like many of you guys!! like many of you! :D

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I'm affraid there isn't much left that hasn't been done before. It' why we see all these remasters and surprise mechanics.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Homeworld remastered is the very definition of how a remaster should be done. Commandos, meh.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    yes and no.

the AI could have done with a multithreaded reimplementation as AI heavy maps still smack your cpu right down, not much they could have done with threading on the rendering, its an opengl game after all.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    They ****** up Homeworld 1 in the Remaster though, Homeworld 2 is fine.

14. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Yeah, well if there’s no more imagination left then what about those old IPs that were left to die, like Splinter cell or prince of Persia for example, just to name a few.

Nowadays it’s al about micro transactions, and multiplayer focused only, and remasters of course.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    They fixed a lot of the homeworld remastered issues that received criticism.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Not the formations and how projectiles work, that's still broken in HW1 Remastered as of today.

Simply because they ported HW1 to the HW2 Engine, which works completely different.

Anyways, we're going off-topic here.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Formations were fixed in 2.0, but yes, indeed, wrong topic.

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    It's out now.

Looks like it's a buggy mess and not the remaster people expected.

Kolt likes this.
  19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Not surprised if you look at their games, platform...Experience is half the battle.
    They have been bought by Team17 3 weeks ago.

Loved the game back then! Wont play this. Now waiting for Desperados 3. Which should please people waiting for a decent game like this.

20. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Disappointing to see how this one turned out. Getting really bad reviews so far. I also hear they took out all the ***** imagery and stuff. Not that I personally desire ***** imagery, but let's not try to stick our heads in the sand and pretend that what happened didn't happen. If I'm playing a WW2 era game I want to see and feel like I'm in a WW2 environment.