AMD Ryzen Series 3000 Product Announcement thread

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 10, 2019.

1. fredgml7

fredgml7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7600
    It's more than I expected, I'll just analyse the reviews and decide which one to buy. :D

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Go check out buildzoids video on the board.... its actually really good.

3. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    [​IMG]

Intel is screwed just because of that alone.

BetA likes this.
  4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I'm surprised they didn't also list the L1 Terminal Fault, just to rub it in.

5. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    where is Fallout?

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    At least people can say that they had interestingly named "features" built into their CPUs.

fry178 likes this.
  7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Anyone seen the rumored X570 prices yet? AMD May be going down a road they shouldn’t.

8. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    cheapest Prices i heard, are around ?140 - 180? $ (blingBling) for the cheapest X570 mobos...
    Not shure where i heared that. If i find out in a few Minutes, ill let you know ;)

Found it, i was reading it here:
    TechPowerUP

quote:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  9. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @karma777police
    and instant for malware as well...
    not even talking about the fact that when intel was slightly faster no one had problems paying more,
    as soon as amd has the better (more secure as well) product, now all of a sudden someone spending
    +1000$ for a rig (cpu/mb/ram/case/psu/) gets to choose for price. ok

as others said, they are cheap for a reason...

10. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    I am definitely upgrading my 4770k to a 3700X/3800X. I am probably going the mATX route but I haven't seen any good mATX boards yet.

11. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Exciting times ahead, this is all starting to remind me of the old AMD Athlon 64 vs Intel Pentium 4 battle from the early 2000’s.

That battle spawned some great CPU’s from both camps. AMD eventually lost out once the core2duo’s launched but they really stirred the market up and pushed Intel to improve.

HWgeek likes this.
  12. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    I had the/their first 1Ghz CPU (AMD Thunderbird)

Was pretty stoked at the time....that was my first and last AMD CPU

Zen2 won't have me change from the current 9900K....should be good for couple years

:D

13. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    Brings back memories of 3D Mark 2001 SE and the Nvidia Grove demo :rolleyes:

anxious_f0x likes this.
  14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Yes those are the bottom of the barrel x570's. The lineup that most of us would target start around $250 in the prime pro. The cheapest ROG STRIX is $300. COmpare that to my ROG STRIX z370-I that I payed $199 for. I'm not saying the new boards aren't nice or warrant a premium over the previous gen but a lot of these boards are 50%+ more. This is ridiculous if true. Couple that with the price premium of the 12 and 16 core parts compared to the 8 core variant. AMD appears to have gone for that profit quick.

I was thinking of swapping my 8700k for a 3900x or 3800x because they just keep finding security flaws in the CPU, but if its gonna cost me $700-800 to replace a CPU and mobo that cost me $550 when I bought it AMD can stick it where the sun don't shine. I'm sick of being Inteled and AMD gets a sniff of the lead and goes off the deep end.

airbud7 likes this.
  15. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Dude, these boards support PCIe 4.0. Are you seriously expecting them to cost the same as boards with PCIe 3.0? You also don't need to buy a 12 or 16 core part with them - you can opt for a 8 or 6 core (after all, 8700K is a 6-core part). And if you don't need PCIe 4.0, then you can opt for an existing board - I plan on using my current X470 board with Matisse.

16. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Ryzen 1800x was released for $500

Now they are releasing a cpu that is double the cores and higher frequency all around. You are getting more then double the performance 2 years later for not double the price. Where exactly is that a price premium?

And again, you don't need an x570 for zen 2, most people would not benefit from it. Using that as a "reason" to say amd is going expensive only sounds like an intel fanboy trying to let the world know that AMD is not "cheap" and they are just like intel, which is entirely untrue. Again, there is no NEED to use the x570 chipset, and we have more cpu with zen 2 for our money then any cpu release before.

Seems to me you would have rathered continue paying $1000 every other year for a new 8-core slightly higher frequency processor from intel and called it good, but hey, when you see actual improvements in CPUs, they are now.....expensive........right....

Fox2232 likes this.
  17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    There was no huge price premium when the switch to PCI 3.0 happened. So sorry not buying that reasoning.

The 1800x didn’t sell. I have a 8700k now I had a 2600k prior. I hardly “upgrade every year for $1000 and call it good”. I wanted to go AMD when Ryzen Cam our bit the gaming performance kept me away. I won’t even look at the 9900k because that CPU is grossly over priced and all the security flaws factor in as well.

I’m no fanboy so you can stop with that projection there. We don’t know for sure how the 3000 Ryzen will do on the x470. The chip design is quite different from zen and zen+ and some performance may be impacted on the older chipset. Until testing is done I will air on the side of caution with that.

AMD boast about yields then price these CPU’s extremely high. I get having a halo product but AMD hasn’t proven themselves the kings yet (I believe they will be top performers BTW) and priced themselves high a bit prematurely in my opinion.

AMD fanboys out there talking smack about Intel pricing and all then AMD does the same thing an y’all defend it.

Be consistent. Stop favoring one greedy company over another because they are your favorite color or whatever.

airbud7 and Fox2232 like this.
  18. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

Lol, that was all the more reading i needed to do into your reply.

So sorry you're so stuck on intel you can't see whats right there in front of you.

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    1800x did not sell. The 1700x did. No one in their right mind would buy a $500 1800x when the $350 1700x could do the same clocks. That is why we only got a 2700x with zen+. You are the only blind fanboy in this argument.

20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Ryzen was priced accordingly at launch because it was the only consumer chip that went up to 8 cores, not counting platforms like 2011 that were high end parts, but general consumer parts. Ryzen pushed core count and accelerated what the norm was for a consumer cpu, instead of just relying on 4c/8t as the top end general consumer chip. But notice prices went down quickly as Intel launched their new consumer chips.

Fox2232 likes this.