Frame drops every 3-4 minutes

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ShimmyShenko, Jun 11, 2019.

1. ShimmyShenko

ShimmyShenko Guest

Hello all, I wonder if someone might be able to help me find out what might be causing a specific problem I'm experiencing.

When Playing games such as Dayz / Escape from Tarkov etc I'm experiencing loss of frames, but only every 3-4 minutes for a couple of seconds. I can be stood still looking at the same image and it still happens avoiding anything loading textures etc.

I've been monitoring using afterburner and will attach some screenshots to show the frequency.

[​IMG]
    The gap between the occurrence is roughly 3 minutes 50

Ive also created a short video to show you from my perspective so you can see what's happening at the time it occurs.

My system is a ryzen 1800x with 16mb of ram and a Nvidia 1080TI. nvme ssd 960 Evo
    I'm on a fresh install of the latest nvidia drivers, I'm running windows 10 Home edition

Any help or suggestions in eliminating the problem would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

If you need anything else then please don't hesitate to let me know, I will do my utmost to provide it.

Regards,
    Shimmy

2. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    How much system ram you have?

Does this only happen with this game only???

Also, where is the power limit at currently when you had this problem within msi afterburner?

Also, did you toy around with the in-game settings to see what is causing the drag issue? If not, you might want to check on the in-game settings individually and work on them, one of them could be an issue but typically not an issue if on single gpu mode.

Just for kicks, put everything on low settings, then go back in the game to see if same problem persists.

Let me know when you do, thanks.

3. ShimmyShenko

ShimmyShenko Guest

Hey, thanks for the response, To answer your questions I have 16GB of ram, It also happens in Dayz, I play Quake champions and never experience the problem in that game. I've toyed around with the settings and still got the same response, I've just looked at another thread about limiting frames with RTS so that it matches my monitor, I've got that buttery smooth at the resolution I'm running at but still the drag happens.
    TIA..
    Regards,
    Shimmy

4. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    I have never played this game(Tarkov) before but I have looked into it in the past, looks good.

Again, where is your power limit at within msi afterburner, % wise speaking.

5. ShimmyShenko

ShimmyShenko Guest

Thanks for getting back to me. To answer your question my power limit is at 100% on afterburner. I never altered it from stock to be honest as I don't really overclock, I'm using it more as a monitoring tool for this sole purpose.
    What's strange is the consistency of the problem, It always seems to be repeatable at the same time, I wouldn't want to bore others with 4 minute videos to see the same thing happen but it's like clockwork, or near as damn it.

Regards,
    Shimmy.

6. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Gpu ain't even using full usage based from what the video is showing. I might look into it on my side and see how it responds but I am not on the 1080ti at the moment, busy doing the 4-way gtx 970 project, been on it for quite some time.

Have you tried different resolution just for kicks??? Tried it without AA? To see what kind of reaction it will give?

But I'll look into it and see what I find, Wanted to play this game anyways, Very interesting video, thanks.

7. ShimmyShenko

ShimmyShenko Guest

Your welcome and appreciate the response. I'm new to this forum and appreciate all and any assistance that I can get. It could be something other than graphics. If you can recommend any other good monitoring tools that might aid in resolving this issue , I would appreciate it.
    Regards,
    Shimmy.

8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Only one I ever use is Afterburner.

Another one is EVGA Precision X.

But far as all out monitoring, I use Afterburner, Always.

Hey in regards about the drag problem, ever tried putting your compatibility mode to win 7 or win 8 just for kicks???

Ever tried disabling Full screen optimizations??

Cause there is one particular game called: Mirror's Edge Catalyst, and there has been MANY MANY reports that even when texture is set to medium or higher, major stuttering.

Have to disable full screen optimization and run it as win 7, most of it is gone, but game is not optimized very well.

Try doing that, Run it as win 7, win 8, and try disabling the full screen optimizations, let me know if same problem persists, thanks.

9. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Far as other monitoring tools, get a load of this:

https://orbmu2k.de/

Same person who made: Nvidia's Best Friend:

Nvidia Inspector, made these tools.

10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Monitor your hard drive for spikes. Sounds like an issue there.

11. fbh

fbh Guest

It is the game engines themselves. Escape From Tarkov's is well known for it, and what your experiencing in that game is the loading in/out of scavs and players. I have the same issue as does all the community I play the game with. (roughly 17 players)
    There is no work around currently, just something that we all deal with who play that game. There is no one with a 100% smooth EFT game.

As for Dayz I don't know much about that game to comment. With EFT just a case of waiting for them to sort the game out unfortunately.