Google Stadia Cloud Game Service to Launch in November for $10 Per Month

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Game library sucks but 10$ a month isnt that much.

3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Google for sure will add something more to the deal and people will try it.

4. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Well this is pretty similar to Nvidia's Geforce Now service, but good thing about Geforce Now is that it allows access to your steam account, blizzard account, ubisoft and perhaps origin in the nearest future.

If I have to repurchase games I already own just to game through Stadia then its a no go but if they allow acceess to ubisoft, steam, blizzard and origin then its going to be a great service.. other then that it seems that it will host some new games and I am expecting that new games are added frequently on Stadia.

Also good with HDR which Geforce now doesn't have yet but have 4k 60fps. Still I think Geforce Now is better, especially with the shield TV due to access to Steam library and instant loads.

Hopefully Stadia will be better with quality and performance, but I think Nvidia is already ahead. I was unable to test Shadow due to no support in my country which is bad marketing...

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Can the controller be used on PC like I can with the Xbox One controller?

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Those Google Stadia Boxed Games will look nice on a shelf!

7. FM57

FM57 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2070
    Nice really.

But waiting for the same proposal from Amazon.... included in the Prime offer

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    It's a personal thing, but I do not like gaming being a subscription in the cloud, dependant on the company maintaining the service I subscribe to.

Can't explain it, it's just the way I feel.

Order_66, carnivore, Brasky and 2 others like this.
  9. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I feel like the gaming industry is leaving me behind (45). I simply have no interest in paying subscriptions for gaming services.

I guess it makes sense in an era filled with online only games that only live as long as the player-base is active.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    And not only that, if my understanding is correct it's a subscription service + you will have to purchase new games on top of that subscription service.... and that's again on top of having to pay for unlimited fat pipe internet.

11. jan3003

jan3003 Guest

Be realistic... gaming on cloud is not the same way as pc gaming. It starts with network. Latency to server is for mainstream 40 ms. Reaction from server (google) to game server is again 40ms. 60fps is ~ 12ms and a standard screen is again 5ms. So all together is 97ms of reaction time when you play a shooter online. Is that playable? Not for me...

Order_66 likes this.
  12. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    I feel what people are saying with regards to classic gaming model, but $10 a month for high quality games streamed to home is not a bad price, especially with a large library to choose from. Puts it at similar cost to netflix here. If google wanted to overlap with youtube red with premium viewing and streaming features, they could open up their market nicely.

Edit - you have to pay for games on top? This bodes less well if that is true. Source?

13. Moto_Life

Moto_Life Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 1070 gaming X
    Thanks but no thanks. There is not one single thing about this whole service i have any interest in and cutting off access to people with iphones is a terrible idea that does nothing but lose possible subscribers.

14. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Disagree.

last we need is a service wherein I pay for a lot of content I simply do not have any interest in.

Netflix may have a lot of content - doesn't mean I have any interest in watching 95% of it

15. Yakk

Yakk Guest

GPU:
    Graphics card
    $10/month basic service + buying premium games at premium price seems like gouging to me, but I guess you don't have to spend $500+ on a GPU on top of system cost & can on game on any platform.

I'll stay playing 2+ year old games I guess.

16. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    I'm interested in this, if I were to spend the money required to get a PC capable of 60 fps at 1440p on every new game that came out then I'd be spending about a grand upfront, then 3-400 every two - three years for a system I would be using only infrequently (Most game I play are indie)

List of games seem to be the weakest point atm, but there is definitely a market for this product.

In fact if they said I could buy the new Total War for this i'd probably go and pre order right now

17. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    I play Red Orchesta 2 usually mostly with 100-150 ms, sometimes with 200 ms. It's absolutely playable. Earlier, WoW servers had 120-130 ms latencies. There wasn't a big problem either. If the latency is constant, it's playable. The spikes what make a game unplayable. That ~100 ms is more than good for first try.

18. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    metro exodus 4K HDR resolution at 60fps?
    That's like 1080ti performance right?

19. NaturalViolence

NaturalViolence Guest

GPU:
    EVGA/GTX260 C216/896MB
    Guys please actually READ the article. $10 a month is for stadia pro, which you do not need to play the games. The free tier gives you 1080p and stereo audio. To go higher you need stadia pro.

Ricardo and airbud7 like this.
  20. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    This is a pretty decent offering. $10 a month is a very good price considering that it gives you access to the entire library of games (and the option to outright buy games with no subscription is a nice touch). It will certainly give consoles a run for their money and will also draw in a lot of budget PC gamers.

Of course we in the PC enthusiast community will find little value in it, but this is a great option for casual gamers. As long as it increases the popularity of PC gaming, I'm happy with it. :)

Koniakki and airbud7 like this.