Watch Dogs Legion

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Watch Dogs 3 has leaked and its name is Watch Dogs Legion. It’s called Legion because it allows you to play as any London citizen.

The leak comes via Amazon UK

https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/04/watch-dogs-legion-watch-dogs-3-london/

dependin which side of the fence you are on the development lead is the one and only Clint Hocking who gave us Far Cry 2.

Undying likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Liked the first two games despite all the negativity. Im waiting to see more of this one...

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    forgot to say the reason the game is called legion is cos this time you get to pay as ANY npc you meet in the world and each new individual gives different abilities

"Every individual you meet in the open world, has a full set of animations, voice over, character traits and visuals that are generated and guided by gameplay systems."

i will admit i HATED watch dogs 2 and never finished it everythin from the ott forced hacking culture to the limited world it was all a step back from the original for me which i thought was a much cooler and better visioned concept the distant fov did not help matters one of the reason i found the first so good was the closer more in the world feel fov.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Second game is a bit weird, I loved the reactivity of the world and how things just happened and the verticality and exploration was really fun as was the game world itself but the game didn't know whether it wanted to be grim serious ala Watch_Dogs 1 going even farther with some of the messed up things that you uncover (The game goes quite far in what they depict and imply.) and at other times it's silly hacker antics with a really weird crew where you'll go to festivals and have fun or troll and at other times it combines both of these to some odd mismatch which doesn't feel quite right.

Fun game but it didn't really know what it wanted to be plus a divide in lethal or non-lethal though the game is quite apt at calling out or acknowledging this with doing good but at a great cost.

Watch_Dogs 2 story moments, not in full detail but still spoiler territory.
    CEO Lord Hipster evil antagonist man Dousan "Douche" Nemec is a ruthless businessman and playing at politics which along with smugness and attitude gets him undone but he is doing his job and even helps Dedsec on occasion without delving into total monster villain territory.

Marcus is a sort of bi-polar protagonist whose crew and actions lead to the deaths of several hundred people directly and possibly millions indirectly and they barely even care unless it affects them directly or their group particularly during the "Hack the planet." moment and it's implications which one character alludes to.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    cerebus23 and Kolt like this.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    All I hope for is that it is better than Watch Dogs 2.

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    protag in the 2nd was least a likable guy. vs adian or wtf ever his name was? killer jacket i love trench coats, but the guy was an unsufferable prick and the world had way more issues than wd2 did but it still had some.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I want another techshowcase like a WD1 but without the downgrade this time.

TR2N likes this.
  8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Proper light and shadow in a open world environment would be amazing, kinda like Assassin's Creed Unity but real-time instead of baked and it's downsides but we're not quite there yet.
    Drawing upon Vulkan or DirectX 12 this time too should give some nice benefits and other software, hardware and general tech improvements over the years. :D

And then there's gameplay and AI and how that will go, guess that's something we'll see too...but not in these staged reveal and presentation videos probably.
    ("Running in a straight line towards player shouting my intent to rush right into the line of fire on open air radio channel!" - Yes AI dude you do that.)

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Even though the downgrade and huge technical problems I though the first part was okay. The second on the other hand wasn't great at all - very clunky gameplay. I'm looking forward to the announcement based on curiosity but I'm not sure I'll buy it this time.

10. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I think one of the biggest complaints with Ubisoft open worlds so far is how they implement the driving mechanics and physics. It's always felt a little off compared to something of the likes of GTA 5. Other than that the second one was a decent game but I hated the characters so much. Just so much tween cringe. I'm hoping this new one has better characters and that they tweak the physics a bit..

11. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Watch Dogs characters weren't Ubisoft's strong suit. The first one features an unlikable, insufferable vigilante, and the second one had the goofy "college" kids. It's like Ubi went from one extreme into another, instead making somebody normal. It was a shame because the second game had a much better looking world, and functioned much more smoothly than the downgraded and buggy original.

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    One of these days I should play WD2.
    Got during a Steam sale a while back, have never touched it.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The AI / ped reactivity is quite a thing, things just kinda happen with or without your involvement so a fight might start in a strip club causing the stripper to run out and suddenly a small horde of peds will run around with their phones leading to problems and then it might see police arrive and fights breaking out and all sorts of chaotic behavior plus reacting on Marcus and his antics from just wandering the streets, taking photos or getting photo bombed and rolling down in the mobile siege towers or well that's what I call them but the little vans that can extend upward allowing for easy rooftop access and looting.

Various smaller puzzles and environmental challenges, side missions and more though your own crew and the villain gallery is a like them or hate them thing but I enjoyed it and what Ubisoft pulled off even against big giant Grand Theft Auto for the world building and attention to detail. Even without the "Charlie" fog and some of the NVIDIA effects like PCSS (Or HFTS if you have a NVIDIA GPU.) the game is quite demanding, extra streaming detail above 50% or there will also quite tank the game engine and geometric and draw load though even at "just" this level most minor objects are visible way off in the distance.

Curious to see how Ubisoft's team has built the Disrupt engine (Dunia with Anvil.) for Watch_Dogs 3 here and if they'll improve this further plus changes to policies and overall gameplay and story being less of a thing now and focusing on the world instead and immersion.

EDIT: Essentially for reactivity the AI isn't just "YOU the player!" but also react on things happening in general whether it's something stupid, funny or chaotic or disruptive and also tend to join in and group up around these little incidents from fights to cheers to just talking or fleeing and the usual with the text and phone convos though these do repeat after a while.

14. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Ubisoft is synonymous with downgrades.
    Will happen with WD3.

15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I have previously made a thread about how maybe watch dogs 1 is the shallowest open game ever made

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I liked the character of the first one, grumpy older guy matches my personality, couldn't get into the 2nd one cos the character was such a millennial douche. Premise of a London dystopic one does sound great, be interested if that's real how it turns out.

KissSh0t likes this.
  17. And I have exactly opposite experience.

Characters in WD1 were totally boring, uninteresting and bland. The same goes for gameplay in WD1.
    WD2 was much better game, many memorable and original characters. Funny dialogues and very well done gadgets, which made gameplay interesting and fun. Also visuals in WD2 were much better.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Warning, Downgrade coming up xd, it s ubisoft xd

lucidus likes this.
  19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The E3 - Release disparity is probably not going away anytime soon though for Ubisoft the poses and little painted in details they kept doing was a bit of a extras I always found amusing.

Makes for good shots though I suppose but when you know about it many of their games promo images have this clearly staged look to them beyond what just photo mode or additional graphical effects can provide and a bit uncanny valley perhaps with how everyone is smiling and staring right into the camera doing little animations or such. :D

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Remember how great e3 2012 demo of farcry 3 was compared to the final game...i can t forget until this day what farcry 3 could have been...