AMD Announces Ryzen 7 3700X, 3800X and Ryzen 9 3900X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 27, 2019.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    So would you be 100% confident dropping 4000+ mhz ram into your X470 build?

2. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    you did say most of ram issues were fixed with x470. You said the ram issues that Ryzen had were long gone now. You even said with x470 bios updates and AGESA unicode updates, ALL OF THE ISSUES HAVE BEEN CORRECTED. You're speculating. On top of that, you're urging people to buy fast ram now. Based on exactly nothing. Bit over the top, honestly.

3. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Literally here. You're telling people to buy fast ram. Any more questions?

4. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    You said that all the ram issues were fixed with bios and AGESA updates for x470. And urged people to buy fast ram for x570. Based on nothing.

Jayp likes this.

5. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

Some people claim the cpu will allow RAM to work better, regardless of whether it's x570 or x470, but who knows... like I said, AMD did say the cpu would run the same on all of those mobo versions, but there's obviously got to be limits, for instance pcie 4 devices would work better on the x570, so not sure exactly what they are guaranteeing to work the same.

6. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC

lol

Also, what is up with all the "BS" and "F" word talk? Are we in Fortnite chat or something?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  7. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

AMD told me how the boot kit process works and said it comes with thermal solution. Why would thermal solution be needed? Don't all low end cpus come with cooler already attached? Part of why I even went with amd was to avoid aftermarket coolers and I sure am not going to buy one just for a boot kit...

Also, you can't request one unless you already have the new cpu. So I can't even start the process and get my motherboard ready until july!

I'd be better off to return my mobo and buy another when the cpu releases, hoping the mobo I get at that time will already be compatible (going to be a crap shoot, since nobody will know when ordering onlineā€¦). But the problem there is I got the asus b450-i for $120. Normal price is $160, I think. I'd be risking higher cost by waiting to get a mobo later.

I was tempted to get the x470-f, anyway, but that was when it was on sale for $160, whereas now it's close to $200.

If newegg would do a really good combo deal from day 1, maybe I'd just take the x570... just not going to at the $250 prices. it would have to be a good enough one for maybe $180 after some discount, then I'd just do that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2019
  8. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

Cool, I see if I go with AMD I will be getting bad support... They just give me lame responses and linked me to the x570 details page when asking them about updating my older mobo.

I don't have enough problems as it is, so now asus and amd are going to give me more problems figuring out how to get an updated b450 or x470. I'm going to have now ay to know if a mobo ahs already been updated or not when buying online, which is the only place I can buy one.

9. Jayp

Jayp Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    3600 Cas 14 was some new stuff showed off by GSkill at Computex. 3600 CAS 16 will likely be good kit as well, I currently use it on my 9900K. I paid $250 for this GSkill Tridentz RGB when memory prices were jacked. A few weeks ago I saw it for $180. For whatever reason right now the kit is out of this world overpriced likely due to some shortage or discontinuation even. 3200 Cas 14 is good stuff (I run on my 2700X) and will likely still be good on Zen 2, Tridentz RGB is $165 on Newegg which is pretty fair compared to the $220 I got it for back on black Friday. I found 3000 Cas 14 of the same series for $137 on newegg. These are not terrible prices and should represent good memory for Zen 2 as well. It will be interesting to see how Zen 2 performs on different memory types and there is new stuff coming like GSkill's Neo memory. One thing to keep in mind is the 9900K requires good memory to extract the most out of it as well so it's not really a dividing factor anymore. Dual channel DDR4 seems to be reaching its limit in certain cases. Even my 3600 Cas 16 memory can limit the 9900K and represents a solid middle ground in the applications effected by memory performance.

3000 Cas 14 16GB Red $117 https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb...s 14&cm_re=3000_cas_14-_-20-232-225-_-Product
    3000 Cas 14 16GB RGB $137 https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb...s 14&cm_re=3000_cas_14-_-20-232-487-_-Product
    3000 Cas 14 32GB Black $215 https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232214

3200 Cas 14 16GB (RGB) $165 https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb...&cm_re=amd_3200_memory-_-20-232-649-_-Product
    3200 Cas 14 32GB (Black) $260 https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232218

10. Jayp

Jayp Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    If you have an existing B450/X470 just go download the latest bios from their website. If you are building all new I would just get X570 really.

11. Jayp

Jayp Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    GSkill was showing two systems running on 3600 14-14-14-34 1.4v at computex. This is either new memory or an OC but either way it represents what I think will be a good spot for Ryzen. It was't clear in the information I saw whether it was a kit or a tweak for those timings. The most interesting part is Gskill had several fantastic memory clocks on 2000 series (yes 2000) CPUs running on X570 boards. Also keep in mind that anything over 2133 Mhz 1.2v is considered an OC for DDR4 and represents binned products with profiles they should run at provided other system compatibility.

12. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

I can't. I don't have a CPU. I have the mobo in anticipation of the cpu purchase. So I need a way to update BIOS. And since they send thermal solution that must mean it doesn't have a cooler on it? So only people with aftermarket coolers could use it??? I'm not going to go buy a cooler just to be able to update the BIOS so now I am about assuming I'll have to return the b450 and wait.

13. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

No I'm not. Most places I know of that sell them don't let you return them once opened. Newegg doesn't, at least (plus I have returned a lot of parts to newegg lately). And then I'd be out return shipping, as well.

They said the cooler they send out (AMD) is an "AMD AM4 A-Series processor". Do those not have coolers? I assume not or why would they bother sending thermal compound?

14. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

why in the world does nobody have these cpus up for preorder when they know the release date already? Last thing I want is it to be like intel 8th gen releases where stores price gouged due to high demand and them selling out.

15. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

yes it is needed... Asus said get a boot kit. AMD told me which level of cpu you get in the boot kit. I asked about it. If that is the way you're "supposed" to do it, then the question is relevant.

And now asus is giving me bs answers, as well. They say no BIOS update has even been released for their mobos, yet their site ahs a chart showing each model's BIOS that makes it compatible with 3xxx.

16. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

Also, amazon doesn't have free returns. Any item with free returns says it on the product page, which those cpus do not. Not even sure if they can be returned, for that matter, but probably.

17. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

Nah. It's not always free returns. Also, if you posted that suggestion some places, people would be lecturing you. I was just researching where I could return one and on reddit everyone is going on and on about how unethical it is to return a used cpu to amazon. :p

So hopefully someone will answer me... Surely AMD wouldn't send a cpu that requires your own cooler when they know themselves that the new cpus ,made by THEM, have coolers already. They can't assume ALL will use an aftermarket cooler, or they'd not even be including one at all.

18. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

lol. yeah that is the only solution... cheat Amazon. So much easier than answering the question as to whether the kit sent form the OFFICIAL free way of updating it will have a cooler or not. Your answer on RAM isn't correct, either. Some do still have issues even on ryzen 2 with Samsung b die. It's not any guarantee that it works.

19. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

I keep asking for someone else to answer. You already gave your opinion. That's a bigger hassle (and risk, as they can ban you, as mentioned on reddit, and as they have done to me before for too many returns). You can keep saying how dumb thw question is all you want, but it's the official way to update them, as both asus and amd told me.

20. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    It's not really cheating, it's just exercising your rights. On ram, yeah, you're right.

21. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    That's because the answer was already provided. Seriously, Amazon's return policies are extremely friendly, and as long as you return the product as is, there is no harm. Returning one product in good condition isn't going to get you banned.

Furthermore, AMD's boot kit is for those people who bought a CPU with a board that doesn't work because of an outdated BIOS. In other words, it's for those who already have a CPU cooler (either with the CPU or third-party) so providing a cooler with the boot kit is unnecessary.

You are seriously overthinking this situation and panicking for no real reason.

22. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Just get a new x570 mobo and sell yours....problem solved.

Fox2232 likes this.
  23. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

1. don't need to sell it. It can be returned still.

2. I am not going to spend what a x570 costs and asus claims they haven't shipped out any x470s or b450s that already have the needed BIOS.

3. you few friends of the guy who is always arguing with people don't feel it's cheating them, but, as I said, about everyone on reddit was saying it does and that it causes prices to go up.

4. if cpus come with the cooler already attached, then yes it does make sense to send a cooler So you're saying someone should be expected to take off the attached cooler (I haven't built before, so no idea about this, but I assume you'd have to use something to break it loose), connect the cooler to the cpu they sent out, AGAIN take it apart, then reattach it to the original again? Sounds like a big ordeal to me.

As I already said, part of why I even went with amd was where I wouldn't have to fool with thermal paste, hoping I did it correctly, etc... The more you do yourself, the more a manufacturer can insist you are why a part stopped working.

24. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

I knew someone would give that type of dumb response about not building. lol. Guess what? I'm going to do this thing called read up and watch vids like everyone else does the first time building. (which you even then mentioned, I see, at the end of your post, so you made no sense giving the insult at the beginning).

For the millionth time, there are many who DON'T agree with you that it should be done that way. I never said I would not be one who would do that method. HOWEVER, it's still more IDEAL to do it the right way, rather than cheating amazon and having to pay return shipping that you keep saying won't be charged.

the only thing I "didn't listen" to was that it must be done ONLY the one way you say, whereas the companies say to do it with a kit amd sends out. So go tell asus and amd they're dumb.

25. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

lol. Something is wrong with me because I was trying to do what the manufacturers TOLD me to do. So deserving of an add to ignore. haha. The majority elsewhere disagree with the few here saying to use amazon. You've gotta be mighty childish to insult someone for an opinion that is shared 50/50. This isn't one of those one right answer situations like you few insulting me are pretending.

26. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

Regardless of all of that, first thing I need to do is be sure which mobo I even want. Even though my parts show as no issues on pcpartpicker, who knows what all it checks... I am wondering if I should not even be attempting an itx build.

If I were to change my mind on that mobo and return it, I'd probably wait for another deal on the x470-f.... but then that limits the second ssd to 3.0x2, unlike my current one, which has both at 3.0x4.

27. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Actually if you have a good reputation with them and buy a lot from amazon and never complain you can get a refund without returning the item. I was able to get one by providing pictures of the broken item only. You have to work for it a little bit but it can be done.

28. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    hahaha....airbud gets beer and popcorn...

[​IMG]

:D

29. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

Poor dw75. He was talking about a broken part. Only way that is unethical is if he lied and showed some other part of the same type. Too bad d75 can't read or he'd see where people on reddit have said people do get banned for too many returns. Also, I have been banned there myself and had to convince them to undo it.