Do NOT purchase Nvidia Graphics cards from GCI Micro on newegg.com

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by cav8000, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    The "fullfilled by amazon" products are 3rd party but come from the amazon warehouses

I only get either prime or those fullfilled by amazon

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've only had issues with orders from 3rd party sellers on Amazon a few times. Only 1 of those times was the seller the issue. The other times, USPS either lost the packages, returned the packages to the seller or delivered them to the wrong place. Can't really fault the seller for issues with the shipper.

Darkest likes this.
  3. Yeah I miss Microcenter - good deals - went there when I lived in Queens but man it was a hump ... unless you hada car (but who drives in NY yeah yeah some do I know but cmon - WHO drives?)

4. middydj

middydj Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670
    same here.. About 17 yrs ago I used to be a big newegg supporter.. But I got introduced to the local Microcenter here and for more than a decade I have built most of all my pc's from their store. I don't mind the extra as they never hassle me on returns. I did not know newegg was not owned by the former founder. I started to dislike seeing the 3rd party sellers on it and I don't order much from them now.

f14dude likes this.

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Amazon have their problems, but as far as online stores go they have the best returns policy hands down.

Third party sellers are obviously a different matter, same as anywhere really, it's unfortunate that it happens it but is what it is.

6. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I seen stuff on newegg that was actually walmart.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've started looking else-where for necessities. The last issue I had with Newegg was over a battery for my UPS. It actually took threatening criminal prosecution against the seller and Newegg to get the order cancelled and a refund issued. Ended up ordering the UPS battery from ProVantage for about $20 less and had it 2 days later. Of course, that was after fighting with the idiots at Batteries Plus who don't know crap about batteries.... I was almost ready to order an entirely new UPS.

Now, when I need something, I won't order from Newegg unless it's coming from a seller I've had past dealings with (such as obdCANex or TopMemory)..... I won't even order items sold by Newegg themselves. That's gonna cause issues when Navi finally launches, but crap happens....

With Amazon, I read seller reviews religiously. If there are complaints of issues with the seller, I'll look for other potential sources before placing the order.

Darkest likes this.
  8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I've had similar issues elsewhere.

It goes back to the Amazon thing. Here's the issue, I don't like Amazon as a company. I don't like that they don't pay taxes as they should. I don't like the way they treat their emlpoyees, especially the bottom line guys in the warehouses that pack the products they ship out.

...But. They still refund you at a blink of an eye if something goes wrong from a direct sale. It's too attractive as a consumer.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've had Amazon issue a refund for a defective product sold by a 3rd party, when the 3rd party was unwilling to be fair. Ordered a wifi card for a laptop. It was DOA. Contacted the seller, explained that the wifi card was DOA. The response from the seller was that they don't do exchanges, returns or refunds on defective products because that would harm their "company" financially. The listing on Amazon claimed "90-day warranty".... Amazon issued the refund and delisted them. That is, quite literally, the only reason I still deal with Amazon.

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Similar things on my end.

I don't know if you've got the "Prime Now" thing going where you live, I know it functions in part of the US but it's regular in a lot of the UK. The way it functions, is that it's a two hour delivery on limited products as long as you're a prime member. I once ordered £150 worth of items. They were mixed, a crate of beer (£10 max), some computer kit, a bunch of other stuff. The crate of beer was missing on my delivery, when I called them about it they refunded the full order and gave me a £10 voucher for my next purchase.

It's hard to complain about them even though you know they're awful in other ways.

airbud7 likes this.

11. f14dude

f14dude Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Ventus 3X
    Same here... I used to be ordered everything from Newegg but after visiting my first Microcenter at the Rockville, MD store back in 08, I have been buying everything from Micro ever since. Been getting very good deals on their cpu/motherboard combo pricing so far.

HARDRESET likes this.
  12. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Microcenter [HOUSTON TX] will price match, from newegg , not third party, frys will as well , paid for a new Gigabyte gaming oc 1080Ti for $625.00 last Sep 20 ,2018, from Frys .