Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 19, 2013.

1. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    They can't optimize the engine because it isn't theirs. It's a Cryengine, but old Cryengine 3 version. They can always make some optimizations, the only question is will they do it?
    For the next game, a sequel, the best solution would be to use Cryengine 5 cause it works much better and it's more advanced. But optimization also depends on how much effort you put into it, it's not just the engine. The good thing is that they have much larger team now. It's doubled now.

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    they should just hop over to lumberyard since they can develop and support that branch of cryengine better than cryengine can.

amazon has more money than god if it wanted that dump that much into evolving and promoting cryengine? geeze.

3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    LOL I reinstalled the game fresh.I am now one of the people with a bug after a couple hundred hours and I have not figured it out yet since my last post 6+ hours ago.

Same install on different Steam accounts.
    One account runs OK but not much optimization going on,still runs like a turd without mods on ultra settings with high end gear.Runs good though on crap hardware with adjusted settings.

One account can not enable HD Textures/Sound at all and does not even come up in Steam under DLC section(search through google ,has happened to other people).This has me stumped,like I never seen before in a PC game.Not a big deal,I do not even plan on playing the Woman's Lot DLC anyway.I will procreating figure out this stupid game if it takes me a week.

4. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Actually you are completely wrong here. Cryengine 5 is much more advanced and easier to use then Lumberyard. Crytek has made huge changes with 5 version, and Lumberyard is still basically a little bit different version of Cryengine 3.

5. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Just one question, hope a guru can help me...

Do you still automatically turn around when an enemy swings at you? Nothing worse than trying to get away from a mob and you keep auto-turning whenever one of them swings...

I quickly read through the patch notes on lunch break but didn't see anything on this annoying and immersion breaking "feature".

This patch might get me to try the game again even if this isn't fixed...gave up on it a year ago due to its clunk and bugs but this is quite the patch...

6. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    press middle mouse to disengage, although it does still auto-lock on pretty easily afterward

7. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
  8. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Just wanted to mention that the base game is in next month's Humble Bundle if anyone has been waiting to buy. ($12)

9. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Modding tools released.

10. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Interesting I done some mods from scratch and modded some mods but wow is it too late for real dedicated people to come back to the game and mod it properly,I am not sure,not even sure after say hundreds of hours in game that I would even want to play anymore of this game.
    Great on the studio to finally deliver as they always said they would,good day for KDC lovers.

All the tools
    https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/KCD_Tools

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019

11. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I'd play it again if someone developed some sort of 'Dark Brotherhood storyline' for it ;)

Kolt likes this.
  12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    maybe i will muck around with modding it i been thinking about finishing the game one of these days. and might have time and some motivation to much around.

last game i modded was star sector that was fun if frustrating because of a silly issue that had me stuck 2 days.

see what the tools can do and maybe make a player base or something if possible. assume with tools we can fast travel set flags as a "home" set player storage and so on, put it out in hunting country since i like venison runs out in the one area nothing out that way having a keep out there i could cook/store/sell maybe at?

will have to take a peek at the tools/editors.

13. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    So I have had my eyes on this for a while now. In this current time, would you guys say its worth it?

14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Still didn't finsih this (base game)... thanks for reminding me. My 2080TI will snack this happily, I guess.

15. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Didn't finish it either. At release time there was something wonky with difficulty and I could basically IK anything with a single combo, which made it unfun. I assume a year later it's going to be fixed, so I can try it with all the updates.

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    My main issue with the game was that the world was quite empty outside of the towns/cities, wanted more random encounters and just a filled world to explore :)

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i know there are mods to expand and increase the amount of random encounters.

18. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I didnt finish it because i got too much wealth too early in the game. There was this knight who wanted to duel every time he respawned so i just took his armor each time and sold it. xD

Okay, and maybe i plundered every house i found and fled the cities. That was fun.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  19. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    We'll see how many mods will get released with the new modding tools. They came a bit lat, but the game still seems to have some community left. I still haven't played it, but I want to get to it soon.

20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Question to those who have played / finished the game longer: Are the expansions worth it?