NVIDIA GeForce Version 430.86 WHQL - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, May 27, 2019.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    try newest vulkan 425.58 driver, they're quite good.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    if you're screwing with your windows install, you don't have the right or grounds to report bugs that you have caused, and thats what it comes down to.:rolleyes:

intrud3r likes this.
  3. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX

turning the microsoft store on or off is a setting. How is that screwing with a windows install??? We can't change a setting?

4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    That's not the driver, that's BFv patch that was just released, very bad CPU spikes.
    I switched to 1903 and BFv was running great, then a day or two later the patch came out, I was running the same drivers and motion in the game is very bad with CPU% very high. I do cap fps to but overhead is worse now, you can check BFV forum, many posts about it.

Last edited: May 28, 2019

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    So far so good.

6. Djavulen

Djavulen Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    Are you turning it off in the backgrounds apps section, or through group policy?

7. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    I tried both, the outcome is the same. The only difference is that in gpedit it stays off, if I through the app sliders it will come back on within a few days. However, the nvcpl issue/behavior manifests the same.

Logic suggest that the new driver (430.xx) standard version, and the Microsoft store are at least related as this has been reproducible 100%. Turn on MS store and the install manages to get nvcpl to work. Turn MS store off and its broke.

Reverting to any prior standard version seem to not manifest the nvcpl issue with ms store set to off. I am currently on the 425.58

8. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Same here. Drops down to 30ish FPS every now and then from the normal 65-90 at 3840x2160. I feared my video card was dying there for a bit there (thanks to all the horror stories I read about dying Turing cards before). It only appears to happen with RTX features enabled, though, as disabling it seems to keep framerate good, at least for me. I guess I'll reinstall the previous version until there is a hotfix or something. Perhaps @ManuelG can look into it.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  9. hoffer

hoffer Active Member

GPU:
    hd4600
    Thx for the new release. May anyone upload 430.86 modded Quadro INF for Geforce please?

AQUILES likes this.
  10. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC

11. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Can't replicate on a 2080 Ti, cleaned versions as well.

12. Saumil1989

Saumil1989 Member

GPU:
    GTX 570
    Okay can anyone explain what are the exact RTX features removed?

I am having a GT1030 and without RTX features sounds right, but I can still install the WITH RTX features.

This is my 4th post, and I am gonna bump this forum if this message goes without a reply.

Sorry Hilbert, I do not like to be on a forum where peeps care less to even respond if they have no idea.

13. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Allright I just do a bench mark every new driver and this one was clearly a big difference don't know why excactly did not change anything in my system and did not fiddle with any of the clocks so must be driver related ps I used the RTX clean driver

14. DStealth

DStealth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GX 1080Ti@2088/12000
    You boosted the same version mate :)
    Driver version
    :D

15. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    realy my bad haha ! still I wonder how it's possible I believe the older one is the full version tho if I remember correctly

here is the right comparison beteen left this driver and right the driver before this one
    https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/19450720/fs/19420910#

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Sounds like a messed up Windows installation.

No issues here with NVCP.

17. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    that does not mean that at all. The common element is the 430.xx, logically. If reverting to 425.xx or below resolves the issue, then it is not a windows issue, logically.

I have had the same issue on 430.xx. The issue only manifests on 430.xx. The issue goes away if MS store is enabled. Hence the issue is tied to ms store and 430.xx install.

The issue manifested on 3 windows 10 enterprise installs, server 2019 data center, and windows 2016 enterprise server.

The common element, as windows 10 enterprise and the rest have in common, is that the ms store has a switch (slider) to turn it off.

So nvidia is using the ms store for some reason (probably analytics / telemetry) on their STANDARD driver (this conversation is NOT about the DCH)

18. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    I Have had the first lockup since a very long time with this driver. This happened in F1 2018. No other driver has recently done this. Back to previous for me.

19. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    4 fps boost on the last assassins creed.

20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Doesnt mean much without a baseline.

fluidz likes this.