AMD Announces Ryzen 7 3700X, 3800X and Ryzen 9 3900X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 27, 2019.

1. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    To close the discussion! RYZEN2 will put Intel DOWN! Its over fanboys... listen this very clear:
    AMD HAS THE BEST CPU at the market! Costing much less! Intel will need a lot of years to respond to that... when they arrive at 7nm AMD will be at 3nm... and the losses will be big!
    "all in this world is transitory" CONGRATULATIONS AMD! The final CPU winner! (with a lot of advantage)

2. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Such woke much wow.
    10/10 would read again, you clearly know your crap

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    A few posts here are getting out of hand.

Let's not have that happen. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

4. Kaill

Kaill Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    i am super happy about this i have an fx8350, and have been wanting to upgrade for a while but with how quickly Ryzen was evolving i kept holding back on upgrading, but i am going to bite the bullet on these once the reviews come out and decide if i am going to just get one of the 8/16s or just go full ham and get the 12/24 or if they do come out the 16/32. but again waiting on reviews to see what will last me another 8 to 10 years.

5. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    You really should take your pill and go get some sleep.

6. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    We have no benchmarks from respectable sources, we have no reviews, we pretty much have nothing but AMD promo. Yet some on here already know that this will kill off Intel. I guess the summer holidays started early for some.

7. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    Your answer is exactly what a playboy fanboy must be. I am brazilian with proud and here the taxes are 60%... because of it I am here since a long time to learn the best option of hardware may I buy because I put value to my money.... use your time here to really learn something about what is the best price x performance you can buy... but I forgot it... the Intel fanboys only look at 5FPS more at 1080p... its strange because here at looser jungle I am a 1440p since a long time...

8. JOHN30011887

JOHN30011887 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070Ti
    Its the typical childish fanboy war crap, same thing every time theres new cpu, or gpu, kids will be kids

9. Arbie

Arbie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Congrats. This is the first of countless posts I've seen on operating costs that even mentions the waste heat. (I suppose you are an engineer.) Then consider that removing that heat is very inefficient, to the extent that the base electric cost of a component can easily be tripled.

Ignoring - or ignorance of - these factors makes most threads on this topic laughable.

airbud7 and yasamoka like this.
  10. thesebastian

thesebastian Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Waterblock
    I'm on the same boat.

> Currently I have i5 4590, 2x8GB DDR3 and a B85M-ITX cheap motherboard (and a Noctua NH-U12S fan that I'd like to use with Zen 2 if possible). My main issue. the i5 can't hold 60 FPS in heavy CPU games. (PUBG, Hitman Absolution, etc).

I WILL upgrade to Zen 2, but I need to spend like:

- 180€ 2x16GB DDR4 (Unless somebody tell me I can safely do dual channel in the future keeping my memory and that I don't really lose anything important with just 1 RAM, then I'd buy 1x16GB).
    - 200-500€ for the new Ryzen CPU
    - 80€-200€ for the new ITX motherboard

And my OS drive is currently a SATA 850 evo that would be nice to upgrade to NVME. ( I have another SATA 850 evo for the other stuff ).

airbud7 likes this.

11. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Sorry im interested in the first interesting CPU launch of past at least half decade. :)

sorry not sorry that is.

12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Borys might be a hypocrite and getting waaay too hyped about Zen2, but seriously, you need to chill out. First you start talking crap about eastern Europe for no reason, and now Brazil. Not only do these countries (or really any country) have nothing to do with anything discussed in this thread, but using that as a way to judge and talk crap about someone just isn't cool.
    I couldn't disagree more with this. Case in point: no country reflects a behavior like yours.

Backstabak, Aura89, carnivore and 3 others like this.
  13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Can you be bit more louder? I can't really hear you. Did you just call AMD "Not respectable"?

Does that really mean that you have no respect towards AMD?

Would that explain disrespectful posting?

Seems about right.

14. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

I am "leaning" that way. It just sucks to pay for the new tech in cpu and not mobo, though. Supposedly better RAM support in x570, probably better quality mobos than previous generation, and then the extra lanes and bandwidth. But $250+ for even close to midrange is getting pretty bad.

I don't think so because before I saw it in the specs someone was posting on another site to me telling me that some motherboards handle it that way. There's some third way some handle it, too, I think.

Either way I am having a real headache figuring out the best way to handle that and which cpu and mobo to use. :(

15. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

Glad to see more and more thinking that way. Only thing is how do you know if the BIOS has already been updated on the one you buy? On most brands you can't update it without a cpu its BIOS suppports in it.

Btw, just how bad would it be for someone to buy a 3700x instead of 3800x? Some say the lower TDP of the 3700x means it's not a good choice and couldn't boost as much, but the boost they list is almost the same as the 3800x. I hate to pay yet another $80 for the 800x or another $180 for the 290x, but since I wan this to last without tempting me to upgrade for a long time, I may consider it.

16. thunder9

thunder9 Guest

It's not "much" less. Even if the 3800x matches the 9900k, which (as stated below your post) we only have AMD's own claims to support that it will, you'd be paying $400 for the cpu and then for even a "
    decent" motherboard apparently $250 more. For intel, a 9900k and mobo can be had on sale for around that same price.

Btw, did amds say if the coolers are any better still than 2xxx ones? I don't OC, so don't want an aftermarket one. That's part of why I chose amd to begin with.

Also, anyone have experience getting a "loaner kit" from amd to update BIOS? Asus said that is what i'd have to do to update a b450 or x470 to work with 3xxx if I don't have a cpu to do it with at the time. I vaguely remember people talking about it... Seems like they charge you for a full cpu price and send it out and then you send it back and get the charge off?

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2019
  17. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    So, talking about hardware (cpu) its seems that you dont have more to say... this is clear to everyone that really know a little about... at this time AMD its better in ANY WAYS! I agree if you... the country is the reflection of the people, but not all! I dont know if you know something about this too, Brazil has only 500 years... and its so big... my city perhaps has Crime and Economy equal or better than yours... unfortunately will need more time to this country becames better... but, independent of country levels, size and economy all people must to have something very important that you unfortunately does not have... RESPECT! And it its very clear again that this is the exit of people that dont have good knowledge about what they are discussing. I think that the second its more easy to fix but the first............

18. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I'm excited too but I'm not going to talk about how this is the resurrection of Jesus when all we know so far is AMD promo.

19. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    We know roughly how it performs, just missing details.

As far as talking about jesus resurrections, not sure who say that. Maybe the same cluless trolls that claim PCIE4.0 power consumption is how you offload CPU power consumption to fake numbers..
    But yeah, guru3d news section comments on every single CPU or GPU related thread is equivalent to a den of trolls. You either come to troll or react to the trolls. Well 90% of the posts are that anyway. :)

20. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    there's people in here talking about this killing off Intel for example.

Sure, we know roughly what the performance will be like but for me it'll also come down to teething problems and motherboard prices. The good news is the 8c/16t cpus are a single chiplet cpus, from what I've seen.